Thread: Changing cams on a Hoyt bow.

Changing cams on a Hoyt bow.

Hello

I“m thinking about changing cams on my bow. I have a 2006 Hoyt ProTec, XT 3000, 50 - 60 #, Cam & 1/2 (4) set to D which is 30 " drawlenght.

I want to change the cams to Hoyt“s C2 cam. Is that possible? If it is, what will happen to the strenght in the bow? How long should the string and cables be? They are currently: String: 56.75 ", BC 42.25 " and CC 45.25 "

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Hello

I“m thinking about changing cams on my bow. I have a 2006 Hoyt ProTec, XT 3000, 50 - 60 #, Cam & 1/2 (4) set to D which is 30 " drawlenght.

I want to change the cams to Hoyt“s C2 cam. Is that possible? If it is, what will happen to the strenght in the bow? How long should the string and cables be? They are currently: String: 56.75 ", BC 42.25 " and CC 45.25 "
    it can be done but the best people to talk to is the folks at hoyt

Yes it can be done but I think you will find that by the time you buy the cams, strings and cables, and quite posible limbs you may be better off searching the classifieds here on AT and just buying what you want from the get go.
    Hoyt VANTAGE ELITE
    HOYT PRO ELITE X2
    BRUNNERS PRO SHOP STAFF SHOOTER
    TAP

You will lose 10-12 lbs. going from Cam & 1/2 to the C2 cam. String and cable lengths are another matter, since that combo is not listed on the Hoyt charts.

I have an 07 38 Pro which is very similar, but not identical. It had #4 cam and a half on XT3000 50-60 lb limbs. I bought size 5.5 C2 cams (31.5 draw length, $85) and new strings ($65) and did all the work myself. The limbs were just fine for me, but the max draw is now about 53 lbs. Since I shoot only target, I don't use all of that. This is probably close to what you would have to do and the results you would see. In my case, I wanted the longer draw and am very happy with the cams.

another option you might consider is switching to spiral's....if you haven't tried them, then see if anyone in your area has a bow with them so that you could see what they feel like compared to the C2 and what you have...they are a more aggressive cam but a lot of hoyt shooters love 'em...in that case you wouldn't have to experiment with figuring out the string and cable lengths b/c all the info you'll need is right on the hoyt website

if you keep the draw length the same as your max dl on the cam 1/2 then you'll lose the 5-8 lbs. just like you would with the switch to the C2

you may have already known all of what i just said, but i was just tryin' to help in case you didn't

good luck