a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Hoyt XTEC XT 1000

Hoyt XTEC XT 1000

Can some one tell me how I can put an age to this bow?
    A friend has one that I may buy, it's never been shot, has lots of toys on it already. need to figure out the value.

Hoyt x Tec xt 1000
    Trophey ridge-stabilzer, drop away rest, and a pretty nice 5 pin sight

I no nothing about this bow I'm use to my old XI so bare with me please.
    Are they a depedable bow?

I had a X-tec and I really like the bow. It was made in 04 and I'm pretty sure that they replaced it the next year with the V-tec. I'm not sure if they had a X-tec in 05 or not.

Its either an 04 or 05. Those are the years the Xtec was produced. You can check the difference by looking at the grip styles. Can you post a pic of the bow. In any case a fair deal on the bow would be around $300.
    Bow Junkie, Archery Addict and Killer of Foam

HaHa the one pic you didn't take is one that could have told what year! Post a pic of the limb decals, either the ones on the front of the limbs or the one that has the stats on it. In '04 there were several stickers on the bottome limbs. In '05 there was just a small white one that is almost hidden by the limb pockets.

Mark

Forgot to say, the Xtec is a fantastic bow. First new bow I ever bought, wish I had never sold it. Great hunting bow and pretty fair target bow, just a little on the short side.

Bare bow a fair price is $300-325, rigged out $400 give or take............

Mark
    Last edited by fn257; May 28th, 2008 at 10:52 PM.

hoyt2 005.jpg

hoyt2 003.jpg

hoyt2 004.jpg

hoyt2 002.jpg

OK... so it would an 04?
    Any value?

'04. I don't think there was an '05 anyway, there was the V-Tec in '05 and '06.

Only made the x-tec in 04', 05' was the v-tec. Great bow, it was my first brand new bow. Wish I still had it.

Its an 04 by the grib. The Xtec was also produced in 05, check the tune charts and 05 brochure.

350-400 for the full setup.
    Bow Junkie, Archery Addict and Killer of Foam

Quote Originally Posted by j3dgu View Post
    Its an 04 by the grib. The Xtec was also produced in 05, check the tune charts and 05 brochure.

350-400 for the full setup.
    I agree, had one and wish I hadn't sold it. I have spent a lot of money that could have been saved.
    Good hunting bow there.
    To enter the woods in pursuit of a wild animal, brings my soul alive, It renews the energy within and brings a peace to my life.
    It puts things in perspective, it gives value to life, and perseverance through difficulties.
    It gives me an understanding of what makes me tick!

'04 X-Tec

As stated above it is a '04 model, was available in '04 and '05 dropped from the lineup in '06. Very nice shooting bow, adjustable draw length made it popular for the masses.

I have a identical x-tec for sale http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ighlight=X-tec

Xtec is a great bow... you won't be sorry with your purchase.
    Galatians 4:16
    <><

Man that is one clean bow for an '04, if the price is right you can't go wrong with that one.

Mark

first hoyt I ever owned and best shooting bow I had ever owned as well... i kick myself sometimes that I sold it!!!
    N.O.A.H. Pro-Staff

I liked the one that I had. Quiet, smooth draw, very little hand shock. It was pretty quick for it's BH, reflex and draw force back in 04. Hoyt has sped their stuff up 10-15 fps since then, but it's still a great bow.
    UltraTec, XT3000 SloTec and XT 4000 SloTec
    Spot-Hogg, Sword, Limb Driver, Doinker, Sims,
    Easton, & Grim Reapers

It is an 04 the 05 X-tec had Alpha shox on the limbs and for what ever reason the 05 actually lost 10fps on the IBO from the 04.
    Great bow a guy that works for me just picked up one completely set up for $400.00
    "CRACKERIZED"
    CARTER'S ARCHERY
    (816) 232-2577
    www.cartersarchery.net

I got mine in 2004. I love it and can't justify buying a new one. This bow is bombproof like all hoyt bows. I've actually drove away with mine on the bed cover of my truck and later found it lying in the ditch along a curve where it fell off. Scratched up the cams a bit along with the limbs but it still shot perfect. I won't make that mistake again even though all turned out fine. I have a 31 inch draw and shoot 340 axis arrows that weigh about 410 grains and I am pulling 68 lbs shooting 299 fps. I did upgrade to winners choice string and cables. This bow is not as quiet as some of the new bows out today but that is the only drawback.
    Last edited by FortWayner; May 29th, 2008 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks, everyone. I'm actually a lefty that shoots right every now and then with out trouble but I decided to stick with the left and bought a TRIBUTE instead.
    Now I get to trick out a new bow!