Thread: Archery Ranges or Clubs in Indianapolis

Archery Ranges or Clubs in Indianapolis

I found out a few weeks ago that my new employer is transferring me to Indianapolis. I知 pretty devastated since I left another job for this one. My last job required a great deal of traveling. I thought I hit the lottery because it was so nice to be home with my family every night. We are not selling our house now because I知 hoping this will only be temporary. I値l probably be there a year. I知 really praying for a miracle and I won稚 have to go.

With all this said, I値l have to get an apartment and see the family on the weekends and/or when they visit me in Indianapolis. I値l be close to the airport so; does anyone know of any indoor or outdoor ranges that I could shoot at?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Indy is the most under-served city in terms of archery ranges. The place is ripe for one. Gander Mountain has a range on the N.E. side near I69 and 465. There is a decent range at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood on the South East side of town. Other then that you are S.O.L. It seems like there should be one on the West side of town, but I'm not aware of it. If you find out, let me know.

Thanks.

There is one west of town in Danville. Pinehill. Search for Pinehill or Pine Hill on here and you'll see.

Not to be a smart arse but get an economy car because you'll have to put on the miles to get to a decent range. There are several nice small shops with small ranges with in about an hour. Bigger ranges will take more driving. good luck.
    Last edited by flintcreek6412; June 5th, 2008 at 07:17 AM.

Pine Hill, west of Indianapolis, has an excellent range and hold both 3D and field shoots. You might try going to www.bowsite.com and tracking down shoots there.
    You should also check the Indiana Bowhunters Association web site www.indianabowhunter.com. Their most recent newsletter includes a listing for a number of clubs in Indiana that host 3D shoots.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

I have to give a vote for Pine Hill as well...shot there this past winter...very nice range (and boy did I have the honor of being the first to put an arrow into the wood support )

contact Diviot250 or Archerycharlie here and they can give you more information...If you're by the airport you're less then a 15 min drive to pinehill...just watch out for the cops

PRIME IMPACT
    3D For CP Charity Shoot Founder, Bohning Staff shooter Bernie's Control Freak Staff shooter Stan Staff shooter, Black Eagle Arrows Staff Shooter, Bowjax Staff shooter, Ty Town Titan Staff Shooter, AO archery. HUNTONLY.COM for hunting info.
    No Merit Pro Team Founder. NM4L

OK, all of you PineHill fans have me interested.....is there a web site or link somewhere indicating hours, fees, shoot dates. We are always struggling to find a good place to have fun. Thanks.

Which one of you guys has a big back yard close to 465? We can all come over and shoot! I'll bring the bug spray.

try this

Quote Originally Posted by flintcreek6412 View Post
    OK, all of you PineHill fans have me interested.....is there a web site or link somewhere indicating hours, fees, shoot dates. We are always struggling to find a good place to have fun. Thanks.
    http://pinehillarchery.tripod.com

its a club pay your dues and shoot when you want. THey will give you keys to the gate and to the indoor range. They also have a full field course and host sveral events there. state and local shoots.
    Team Pink Shooting staff
    JNS SPORTS llc. shooting staff
    Martin catch the Fever

Thanks to everyone for all the information.

don't forget that there is Girt's in Anderson and The Club House in Gaston just a little ways north of you in Indy.

www.pinehillarcheryclub.com Danville In. indoor&outdoor

www.blueriverbowman.com Shelbyville In. indoor

iroquoia archery club rensselaer IN. email--nromanarcher69@yahoo.com indoor&outdoor

jay county archers is north of muncie In. Indoor&outdoor contact- taylor1065@worldnet.att.net or tameraj1029@aol.com

http://www.ifaaarchery.org

archersspot at Bloomfield In. Indoor

Outdoorsman on the south side in Greenwood In. has a nice range up stairs and a nice archery shop.

Galveston Archery club Just north of Kokomo on Hwy 18 contact rlkline1@comcast.net AC
    Last edited by archerycharlie; June 11th, 2008 at 06:56 PM.
    scottstarnes.com>>>----->spyderwebtargets.com>>>------->www.epekhunting.com>>---->Elusion camo >>>---->PSEarchery.com
    Have fun with archery and archery will be fun for you.
    I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.
    I am related to a Genius and a Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy2788 View Post
    I have to give a vote for Pine Hill as well...shot there this past winter...very nice range (and boy did I have the honor of being the first to put an arrow into the wood support )

contact Diviot250 or Archerycharlie here and they can give you more information...If you're by the airport you're less then a 15 min drive to pinehill...just watch out for the cops
    Ask and ye shall recieve.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scottstarnes.com>>>----->spyderwebtargets.com>>>------->www.epekhunting.com>>---->Elusion camo >>>---->PSEarchery.com
    Have fun with archery and archery will be fun for you.
    I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.
    I am related to a Genius and a Moron.

We at Archer's Spot would be happy to have you visit with us, we offer 19 indoor lanes, tecno hunt, an indoor 3-D shoot, or indoor nfaa rounds on saturdays. Dealer of Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Parker, Mission, Browning, and firearms dealer, my wife and I are certified Mathews Techs. we are about 1.25 hours south of the airport. give us a call 812-384-8000. But as for a close range, Pine Hill is very nice, I shot the out door range several years ago and it was tops then, and I know several of the guys that shoot there and they are very nice, and a pleasure to shoot with.

Here you go. Got this from 3DShoots.com
    All Archery Clubs within 50 miles of Indianapolis, IN
    Chris Christenson
    Obsession Archery

There is also Deer Track Archery in Anderson only about an hour away from where your at. They have been in business for about 27 years and know their stuff. They have a great indoor range and will give you the inside scoop on all the local shoots. They are located in Anderson on 500 S. between Madison ave. and Maine st. For more information call 765-643-6847. There is many great shooters and shoots here in the Hoosier state. Good luck and Good Shootin'

Clinton

Many thanks for the recommendation on Pinehill Archery Club. I joined a few days after starting work here in Indy.

The club is fantastic! It's a great place to shoot!