Thread: Ohio Guys!!

Ohio Guys!!

I was watching a show on tv the other day wher the host was hunting in ohio. He was hunting a ranch with what looked like a shotgun, Till he shot. It was unmistakenly a rifle. Now i thought it was illegal to hunt deer with a rifle in our great state but half way through they showed a disclamer that said on a private hunting ranch in ohio you can use a rifle. Is this correct?!

That is correct. If its a private game preserve/ranch.
    I hunt because I must. It's in me. It's in my soul !
    07 Bowtech Tribute w/ smooth mods,28.5" draw, 70#, TrophyTaker rest, Sword Twilight Hunter sights,Carbon Express Terminator Lite Hunters 28 1/4" with 100 grain broadhead = 437 grain arrow.
    G5 T3 Broadhead

Sad but true , it is correct .. and they can harvest more than 1 buck
    HOYT HAVOC-TEC,EXTREME RT900,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY 3 BLADE,ACC 3-49
    HOYT AM32,VIPER H1000,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY MX3 ,TROPHY RIDGE CRUSH 400

US Army 1981 - 1989

i saw that one, he was chasing a 200 inch monster around in the middle of the day like a lost dog that refused to come home! that was a dispicable show if you ask me.

NOTE TO ALL: THAT IS NOTHING LIKE HUNTING OUR GREAT STATE. PLEASE DON'T USE THAT AS AN EXAMPLE.

DD
    God is Faithful

It was probably Keith Warren. He is always hunting game preserve/ranch, high fenced areas. What ever floats your boat.It might be for some, but not for me. D1

I hate high fences. THey give our sport a bad name

Fred Bear Truth 2, Rage broadheads. DAWN2DUSK OUTDOORS
    "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison" Genesis 27:3
    He was a mighty hunter before the Lord; therefore it is said, "Like Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord." Genesis 10:9 BE A NIMROD

I think I saw it. Was wondering what the heck was going on when I say the rifle. HOWEVER, i do believe the guy was terminally ill with brain cancer and had never shot anything remotely big so I don't think I would judge. I know if I only had short time to leave I could care less if the whitetail of dream came from.
    "Suprised!!! I wouldn't be more suprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet."

Thats crazy cuz i seen the same show and was wondered the same question. What a small world we live in!!

High fence preserve hunts are deer that belong to the owner not the state so they can hunt whenever preserve licences allow and with out the aid of hunter orange. Gun choice is up to the "sportsman" I would imagine.
    For the cost, I would just buy 1/2 a cow at a 4H fair and some big antlers on e bay!
    Hunting Whitetails...Daydreaming About Elk

Quote Originally Posted by d1&only View Post
    It was probably Keith Warren. He is always hunting game preserve/ranch, high fenced areas. What ever floats your boat.It might be for some, but not for me. D1

Nope if its the one I'm thiking of its Wayne Pearson, they said the buck the guy shot would have been like number 12 in the world if it wouldn't have been in a fence! From what I've seen I really don't like his show.

And I also saw the one with the guy who had cancer, it wasn't the same show!
    Last edited by JPN; June 5th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.

JPN is right. It was Wayne Pearson, and the show was Ultimate Outdoors.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by double drop View Post
    i saw that one, he was chasing a 200 inch monster around in the middle of the day like a lost dog that refused to come home! that was a dispicable show if you ask me.

NOTE TO ALL: THAT IS NOTHING LIKE HUNTING OUR GREAT STATE. PLEASE DON'T USE THAT AS AN EXAMPLE.

DD
    What's wrong with you??? The guys from Texas will never visit if we don't let them hunt their way!!!!
    ~~Doug~~ N.O.A.H. PRO-Staffer
    2006 Hoyt Trykon XL 29"-70#'s / Alphamax 35 29" 60#
    Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme (MADE IN USA) tipped with ST Magnums
    Sword Apex Hunter / Sword Twilight Hunter with TT Micro-Adjust / Shaffer Tec Dropaway
    "What ever you say or do as a hunter reflects on all of us hunters, use good judgement!"