a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hows the fred bear lights out?

Hows the fred bear lights out?

I am thinking about selling my parker and getting a fred bear lights out. Anyone have one of them? How do you like it? Are they quiet? Thanks Matt

Do A search, there's alot of talk about the Lights Out and the Game Over.

you cannot go wrong with any of the fred bear bows. i own an element. they are quiet forgiving and well built. go for it

brother in law shoots a Lights Out. Gives my DXT a run for its money every time. great bow for the money
    2012 PSE EVO
    2011 Elite Hunter

finally got one yesterday. I love it. quiet, accurate great shooting bow.

good for you it was rated in the top 4 bows under i think 500?
    PRODIGY OUTDOORS- A CALLING SINCE BIRTH. http://www.facebook.com/#!/ProdigyOutdoorProductions
    Steel Force BroadheadS
    Vaportrail Strings & Limbdriver!
    West Wind Taxidermy(JOSHS)

i have the fred bear instinct, same bow but last years model and compared to the lights out i actually think its better. I was looking at a lights out but my instinct is the same all around. Just as smooth and forgiving.

I have a suggestion. Go to a Sportsman's warehouse and shoot the Bowtech Nitrous. $529!!

I'm not one of those Bowtech only guys, I'm a hunter. I recently switched from a Parker myself. But for the money the Nitrous is an awesome bow.

i'm a bowtech owner but the lights out is $200 cheaper than the nitrous. i think i would go bear on this one.
    Mathews HeliM-
    "One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted"

They are a great shooting bow for the money bear has came a long way from where they once were

two thumbs up!

Great shooting little bow. Not a speed demon, but it has a huge brace height, so it should be very forgiving.

Awesome hunting bow in my opinion!
    Prime Centroid Optifade Forest
    Stokerized SS1, Hunter Hogg, QAD
    Easton FMJ with a Rage 2-blade
    Bad Medicine!!!

Yeah I like it alot after buying it though not much money left and i need to get other arrows Im shooting 70 pounds and have radial weave 200's to shoot. Also I need a stabalizer. Do you think I really need one of those do they make a big difference? Thanks Matt

Quote Originally Posted by tctnm View Post
    Yeah I like it alot after buying it though not much money left and i need to get other arrows Im shooting 70 pounds and have radial weave 200's to shoot. Also I need a stabalizer. Do you think I really need one of those do they make a big difference? Thanks Matt
    A good stabilizer makes a huge difference. Be sure the arrows aren't too light for your new setup. Good luck with the new bow.John
    Genesis 1:1~Genesis 27:3
    "Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent, now we may attack in any direction!"2014/2015 Team 43 Backwoods Beatdown.

yeah the arrows I have are too light for my new setup but i used to shoot 50 pounds and I cant afford new arrows after just buying this new bow. Ill have to try to get a stabilizer after I can get arrows maybe. Thanks alot Matt

I'm looking at this bow, along with a few others, for a friend. Seems like a good bow, and a good deal, but for the money it seems to me the Martin Bengal and Cheetah are a better deal. I guess it comes down to whatever feels better when you shoot it, but I would seriously recommend you shoot the Martins, if you have access to them, before you decide. They are very smooth,accuratte and quite, and service is top notch.

I have had my lights out for about two months and love it. I shot the truth2, game over, and lights out. The lights out felt just as good to me for half the money. I also shot the Parker bows. Buy the lights out, you will not regret it.

Thanks, Jeremy

thanks for all the input but I allredy bought the lights out. I love it! I only need to accessorize it now but Ill have to wait a while I have no money left. haha

fast, very quiet and accurate....i normally dont talk up bear bows but its a nice one
    "Catch us if you can" Mathews Monter Social Club Member - Team #4 Gobbler Getters
    Blackout Mathews Monster 29/70 -Sword Apex 3rd Plane - Goldtip Ultralight 300 - Blazer Minis 1.5" - Carter 3D 2000 - Posten Stabilization - Battledrum Wraps - G5 Tekan - 330 fps / 94 ft.lbs. of K.E.

It is a sweet little bow, my son loves his.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...32#post7246032
    Last edited by Son of Rooster; July 21st, 2008 at 07:36 PM.

great bow id reccomend it to anyone!

If anyone is thinking about getting one of these bows, dont hesitate They are great bows I love mine.

just bought a lights out 2 weeks ago, i had an element, i improved everything, accuracy, and speed. bear has it going on. and yes i did shoot other bows like the dxt, parker trailblazer, etc. same performance less money. for me anyways

I just got my buddy into shooting today and he bought a lights out. I was amazed at how quiet and how little shock there was... I would definately buy one!
    Go Bucks!! 121st Air Refueling Wing- Columbus, OH
    Hoyt AM 32...Axion Simplex Lt sights...trophy ridge wb...fuse stab...sts...octane 1 pc. quiver...expedition hunters w/ blazers and rages on the end!

I HOOK UP!

What kind of speed is everyone getting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast