a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Problems with Moultrie feeders

Problems with Moultrie feeders

I have owned 2 Moultrie feeders in the past few years. The first one I had quit working after about a month and had to be sent back for repair. I bought a new one several years later and it quit working after about 2 weeks. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. Then about a month later I found that the spinner plate had broken, I fixed that and the feeder just quit working again. I will NEVER buy a Moultrie product again. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of trouble with them?

dang, i was just getting ready to by one, not sure what to do now
    >>>>>-------Team 25------------->......BLOODTRAIL BROTHERHOOD......
    1911 is faster than 911,....
    There are no real rules about posting.
    There are no real rules about moderation either — enjoy your ban.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA BUCKSLAYER View Post
    I have owned 2 Moultrie feeders in the past few years. The first one I had quit working after about a month and had to be sent back for repair. I bought a new one several years later and it quit working after about 2 weeks. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. Then about a month later I found that the spinner plate had broken, I fixed that and the feeder just quit working again. I will NEVER buy a Moultrie product again. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of trouble with them?
    not yet ive only had my pro hunter for about three weeks and I have not been back to check it out.

i've had 2 running daily for 3+ years now. and they are the cheapest model.
    you say it quit running? as in all together? i know mine the little set screw on the spinner came loose. so the plate quit spinning but the motor ran. i finally figured it out. put a dab of thread lok and away she went. i also recommend the recharge battery w/solar panel. if i put a reg. 6v battery in it won't run. my recharge has lasted over a year.

i have had 3 that have been running great for 2 years all year long and have yet to miss a feed time yet
    I can do all things thru the lord!
    2005 REFLEX GRIZZLY /TROPHY RIDGE SIGHTS / NAP QUICKTUNE 2000 DROP AWAY
    GOLD TIPS 75/95 ARROWS / MUZZY 4 BLADE BROADHEADS 100'S

Yeah, it quit working completely. when you hook up the battery it will not run. I am using the rechargable batteries and it has a good charge, I hooked two different ones up to be sure. Has anyone ever used any other brands of feeders?

i also have a wildview it seems to run pretty good.

Seems that none of you have mentioned just what kind of timer you are having issues with, is it the Solar one that goes off twice a day or the Digital One that is set by a time to go off.

I have that I got that had the solar control on it but as soon as I got it I switched to a Moultrie Digital Timer to have it go off at a specified times and have yet to have an issue with it wondering if it is a motor failure or control board failure. I bought mine just to have a larger barrel was using a Game Country but it was only 16 gallon size with the 30 Gallon I only use it for firearms season and only have to fill it once and leave it for 6 weeks. Got a deal on it being a hanger 30 Gallon for 100.00. Have had it for 2 years but only use it for about 6 weeks a year... Guess I have been lucky...

Have any connected the motor direct to the battery to see if it is the motor or the board that controls it that has stopped working?

Just a thought?

LFM
    Loyal Oneida AF/ LFM Shooter since 1995, Easton XX75 2514, Magnus Stinger 125 two blades, Pollington Pro Grip Release,

The one that I have is the econo plus feeder. It uses a photocell. The last time it quit working I found a short in the connection to the motor and I thought that I had fixed it but I guess not.