Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross archery warranty there is none!!!!

Ross archery warranty there is none!!!!

I just received my new ross cardiac that i had bought a few weeks ago. i called the rosss phone number from there website and they answered bowtech which i already new. But here is the kicker i wanted to register my bow for the warranty and the guy told me that i had a good bow, but that was it there is absolutely no warranty, he said they bought ross archery for there name from 2009 and on but that is it no existing warranty for the ross bows. I think that this is crap and i am really pissed. so for any of you ross dealers out you have been for warned.

By all of that.....

I am sure glad we dropped them when we did.
    I would hate to have to tell a customer with a cracked limb or whatever..... "sorry.... no warranty".

Wow.
    Mathews Z9 - HHA Slider - Trophy Taker Pronghorn Pro - B-Stinger Stabilizer - Fletcher Shorty - Grim Reaper Hybrid - Gold Tip Kinetic XT - Trueflight Feathers (Always)... _____ going to try Mission Dagger XB this season as well - Gold Tip Laser 3 - HHA Optimizer XB scope & adjustable mount system____ ___ - _________ Facebook: Hunters Choice Archery Pro Shop

"he said they bought ross archery for there name "

Wouldn't that be like Kia buying Daewoo for their name.

Sorry to hear you got hosed, bud. But, I can't imagine what else they thought they were getting for the money. Looks like a classic bait and switch coming up.

why should it be any different,

if some company goes out of business there is no warrantee, and if a company buys another why should they be on the hook for bows produced prior to the purchase.

It happens outside of archery too, dont feel to bad, dont go looking for warrantee work on a Big Dawg stabilizer either.
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

Id be taking that ross avatar off. Thats for damn sure. Don't be advertising for them anymore.
    Blackout Hoyt Alphamax 32 60# Spot Hogg Trophy Taker Jim Posten Stab Gold Tip 30x G5 peep Stan releaseCome get some!!
    [COLOR="Red"]GRIM REAPER[/COLOR

Thats a shame - it seems like this is the corporate way that America is going and I'm getting sick of it.

thats no way to do buisness imo. if they bought out the company, they should stand behind the older bows. they are going to lose a lot of ross's previous customers with this attitude

Says a lot more about Bowtech than it does Ross, IMO. I'd sell it as quick as I could and buy another brand.

There is a guy on ebay selling new Ross Cardiac Bows for $425.00. I think that is a pretty big gamble for a bow with no warranty. If something breaks that your pro-shop can't fix you are SOL.

I was very leary of Ross when they came out just because I didn't feel comfortable with a new start up bow company.

Hopefully you don't have any issues with your bow for many years.

I don't think Bow Tech is doing any thing wrong, why should they take care of a problem created by a company that is no longer in business? I would try G5 and see if they would cover the warrenty work. You might get a "no" also but it's worth a shot!

I guess you are right. God knows they have enough of their own problems to worry about

I called back to bowtech again to vent and find out what the hell is going on here. this guy told me the same thing except he explained it to me differently. He told me that andy ross is now working for them, but they have no extra parts at all such as risers,limbs or cams or anything else for the previous ross bows.he said that for the people that do own ross bows they would try and do everything possible if you had some kind of problem. So i asked him what? He said they would try and give the previous ross owners a newer bow at a discounted price, which i thought was a little better but i still think that it should not cost any previous ross owners anything. What do you other ross owners think?

I just called the Ross toll free # and asked about the warranty issues with the CR series and Cardiacs. BowTech is not abandoning the Ross customer. BowTech does not have any inventory for the Ross bows to handle a warranty issue. They do have some modules and will completely warranty the bows going forward for the '09 line of Ross. Regarding the past Ross line, BowTech will offer a "very discounted" new Ross or BowTech bow to a Ross customer if there is a warranty issue. This info was obtained with a simple phone call that anyone can do. I think it is a nice gesture.
    BowTech RPM 360 in Black Ops, Bowtech Experience in Black Ops... Is there a reason for anything else?

i think warranties are great but honestly have you ever used one.i have shot bows for many years and never neede one.

i say this now.i hope i don't jinx myself.

The possibility of that happening detoured me from buying a Ross bow. Too bad, great bows.

If anyone is interested i have 2 ross bows for sale now. i am not dealing with ross or bowtech ever again.

Boo hoo

Well....well...well, one of these companies found a way out of the warranty issue...it just figures. There is always a loop hole as to why a warranty is not covered...

Why didn't Bowtech keep the remaining inventory of Ross bows when they purchased them? It looks like Bowtech had Ross assemble the remaining bows and sell them. That would explain why they have no extra parts. I understand that they wanted to lower Ross's debt by as much as possible but they had to understand that this action would upset current Ross customers.

Quote Originally Posted by FOBsKILL View Post
    "..... "

Wouldn't that be like Kia buying Daewoo for their name.

Ha! That's funny, but it's more like Best Buy or Radio Shack buying "Bob's Electronics" for their name.

Quote Originally Posted by patrkyhntr37 View Post
    If anyone is interested i have 2 ross bows for sale now. i am not dealing with ross or bowtech ever again.
    I agree with you on this one . If they sell the bow new they are responsible for the warranty . I bet they did not tell you that it had no warranty , but they were happy to take your money !

Mach 10

Ross & Bowtech

Well, the way I see it with all the Bowtech bows blowing up in ALOT of posts on AT. Bowtech has their own problems to worry about let alone the old Ross line they picked up.....
    § Pearson Venom H2 & Darton pro 3800§
    § Timberline No-Peep §
    § Grizz Tricks §
    § QAD HD §
    § HHA slider §

Pretty much the same scenerio as when Bowtech bought the Diamond Archery. No more warranty. I had bought a Diamond Machete just a few weeks before their buyout. I shot the bow a couple more months (wish I'd have kept the bow as it was a very good shooter) but sold it and lost my britches on it. I had no way of seeing this coming but maybe you should have checked the warranty situation out before you purchased. My advise is to shoot the bow and enjoy it as selling it won't return you much of anything.
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS THANK A TEACHER, BECAUSE IT'S IN ENGLISH THANK A SOLDIER

For every regulation or law the govt. makes they should have to repeal 5 old ones.

I thought G5 said they'd warranty the 07' Cardiacs ... Since they made them ... Might call G5
    Hoyt RKT Matrix
    It's just a bow.. Shoot it
    Gut Piles Make Me Happy™

Did G5 take all the ross inventory? I would be checking with them! As far as it being Bowtechs fault, I would say that it's the fault of the original owner, which maybe bowtech should have left behind, with the inventory!!!! jmo
    Athens Judgement
    CBE, Bohning, Stan releases, Black Eagle arrows

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast