Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-force serving separation?

X-force serving separation?

I have a brand new 2008 x-force and it has only been shot about 300 times. I have had the bow for two months now and at the end of the first month that I owned the bow, I noticed that by the bottom cam, the serving had started to separate. So I took the bow in to a local pse dealership. The guy put some wax on it and slightly pushed it back together again. Now the problem is reoccurring and I am starting to see the string fibers underneath the serving coming out. The problem area in the serving is about a half inch long and was wondering what I should do about the problem. Thanks- psexforceman004

Quote Originally Posted by psexforceman004 View Post
    I have a brand new 2008 x-force and it has only been shot about 300 times. I have had the bow for two months now and at the end of the first month that I owned the bow, I noticed that by the bottom cam, the serving had started to separate. So I took the bow in to a local pse dealership. The guy put some wax on it and slightly pushed it back together again. Now the problem is reoccurring and I am starting to see the string fibers underneath the serving coming out. The problem area in the serving is about a half inch long and was wondering what I should do about the problem. Thanks- psexforceman004
    Get a set of quality strings the factory strings are junk.I make my own and serve them tight so theres no separation.I have 1000 shots or more on mine and they look like the day I put them on and they havnt moved any.
    Carbon Matrix Z3 cams 25.5" DL #60 300gr 286fps.

the factory ones are not the greatest.i had them on my pse team primos a few years back, after that i started using aftermarket.i started with winner choice, BUT then found out about b2 strings.these are made PSE pro staffer Nathan Brooks, 4 bows with them and never any problems.he is great to deal with, will take the time answer any question you may have,usually i have my strings and cables in 5 days,good price and best of all any color combo you want.

b2 bowstrings number is 479-369-4177

good luck

B2 Strings

Ill second the go with B2 Strings.
    Nathan Brooks makes an awesome set of strings.
    PSE bows are awesome the only drawback I see is the strings. However I do believe something will be in the works for 2009. cant wait to see
    Erik B

Quote Originally Posted by erikbarnes25197 View Post
    Ill second the go with B2 Strings.
    Nathan Brooks makes an awesome set of strings.
    PSE bows are awesome the only drawback I see is the strings. However I do believe something will be in the works for 2009. cant wait to see
    Erik B
    +1 I have had a set of B2's on my X-Force for over year now. Great strings. Factory strings are junk.
    once you get some good strings on there you will fall in love with the once again.
    Good Luck.

Happened to mine in way less than 300 shoots. I'm guessing its seperating where the cable stop hits the cable. At least thats where it happened on mine. Get a set of custom strings from one of the makers here on AT. I bought my last set from Schimdty's Specialty Strings. Great work, good price and excellent customer service.

Same deal here. I've got 2 of them and had the EXACT same problem on both of them. Great bows. Factory strings suck. I bought Bucknasty S&C's and love them. I also hear good things about the B2's & Americas Best. I'd change them out asap. After that, you've got one of the best bows on the planet.

Dawg
    PSE FIELD STAFF / TRUBALL STAFF
    Me: 2013 Vendetta DC, Breathn-Built SH Patriot Supra DC, Breathn-Built Red Supra DC
    Wife: 2013 New Breed Lycan in Blk/Muddy Girl, 2012 Mathews Jewel in Lost Camo
    Son (19): 2014 Mathews Chill in Lost Camo

Same thing happened to me too and the string kept streching. I had some custom Killer Beez strings put on and they are sooooo much better.

PSE's strings suck....Just like most companies stock strings.
    Put a good set of aftermarket strings on there and you'll be good to go and you'll love the X-Force even more. It's an awesome bow, it just has less than awesome strings on it but rumor has it that PSE is gonna change that problem in 2009, let's hope.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

I read all the threads and replaced the factory strings the day I bought it. A $849 bow should come with better strings!
    '08 Hoyt Seven37 #64 @ 31.5" GT Ultralite Pro X-Cutter(368gr @ 280 fps)/SHOOTING FOAM
    '08 PSE Dream Season #68 @ 30.5" Easton FMJ (508gr @ 287 fps= 92 ft.lbs. of KE)/HEMORRHAGIC SHOCK
    '08 Hoyt Ultra Elite/Inferno Red/Sure-Loc/Posten/SPOTS

This day and age.....

A high-end bow should NOT have to have after market string and cables put on.....

But...... the X-F bows do need it.

I have used and sold Winner's Choice for over 6.5 years. Top notch.
    Mathews Z9 - HHA Slider - Trophy Taker Pronghorn Pro - B-Stinger Stabilizer - Fletcher Shorty - Grim Reaper Hybrid - Gold Tip Kinetic XT - Trueflight Feathers (Always)... _____ going to try Mission Dagger XB this season as well - Gold Tip Laser 3 - HHA Optimizer XB scope & adjustable mount system____ ___ - _________ Facebook: Hunters Choice Archery Pro Shop

Quote Originally Posted by XXLnevermis View Post
    I read all the threads and replaced the factory strings the day I bought it. A $849 bow should come with better strings!

I totally agree but most companies, including most of the big names don't put high quality strings on. Something I hope in the future will change.

The 08 bear truth 2 comes with winners choice.....

Admittedly the X-F comes with mediocre strings,but no better or worse than most other bow manufacturers.
    I'll believe it when I see it regarding claims that PSE is going to offer better strings.Hoyt has been saying that for years,but I never noticed any improvements year to year.

ttt

A good set of strings makes it feel even better too.I love 452x,no creep.
    JOHN'S CUSTOM ARCHERY LLC(Custom strings and tuning)
    PSE,Athens,New Breed ,Obsession,Elite,Xpedition dealer
    2014 Bows Arriving Daily
    whalens hooker dealer,tight spot quivers.
    PSE PRO STAFF

Post Using the factory string with OCD servings

I replaced the factory string serving the day I brought the X Force home.

I also had the same problem you describe with the cable serving. First I unsuccessfully tried fletching glue, then trying serving over the factory serving. Finally, I removed the cable serving and reserved it myself, I had not reserved a cable before and it was tough. I even served over my own work with a reinforcement area where the draw stop makes contact.
    So far, my reserve job is holding up great. I pull hard into the wall and can't see any seperation.
    Paper tune, try different broadheads, fletching, or shafts; don't move the sight for broadheads.
    Mathews Drenalin LD 30" draw 61# 413 gr. arrow @ 273 fps / 68# KE / .50 momentum
    Mathews Drenalin LD 30'' draw 59# 325 gr. arrow @ 292 fps / 62# KE / .42 momentum

Quote Originally Posted by Rgarbarino View Post
    The 08 bear truth 2 comes with winners choice.....
    well the 80lb x force comes with americas best strings.

every company may pick and choose 1 bow to put good sets of strings on but they ALL need to work on getting a decent set on everybow.

What I have heard from an old pse dealer is that pse is going to not have servings at all on the x-force and make the bow like the brute. But I dont like the way those strings shoot either.

What I have heard from an old pse dealer is that pse is going to not have servings at all on the x-force and make the bow like the brute. But I dont like the way those strings shoot either.
    I know PSE did that on the MachX on the top idler wheel section of the string...I dont see it happening on the X-Force though, to many sharp bends on the cables for it to ever hold up on these bows.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

Mine were doing that, but as the others are saying, get you some good strings on there. I just bought some from Nathan at B2 bowstrings...top notch customer service and supa dupa strings/cables. Even the tech at our local shop commented on how well they were made.
    Last edited by RICE ETR; July 16th, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Thumbs down X Force serving

Picked up my 2nd X Force yesterday afternoon.
    I have not shot the bow yet, notice the gap in the cable serving; I saw a slight gap and was able to push it open this big with my fingers.
    Before I set-up or shoot the bow, I'll be attempting to reserve the cable; same little procedure I did on my 1st X Force.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paper tune, try different broadheads, fletching, or shafts; don't move the sight for broadheads.
    Mathews Drenalin LD 30" draw 61# 413 gr. arrow @ 273 fps / 68# KE / .50 momentum
    Mathews Drenalin LD 30'' draw 59# 325 gr. arrow @ 292 fps / 62# KE / .42 momentum

ttt

I know its tough buying strings for bows that you havnt had long but you wont believe the difference it makes buying custom strings and cables for the Xforce.Especially 452x.
    JOHN'S CUSTOM ARCHERY LLC(Custom strings and tuning)
    PSE,Athens,New Breed ,Obsession,Elite,Xpedition dealer
    2014 Bows Arriving Daily
    whalens hooker dealer,tight spot quivers.
    PSE PRO STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by im-ocd View Post
    Picked up my 2nd X Force yesterday afternoon.
    I have not shot the bow yet, notice the gap in the cable serving; I saw a slight gap and was able to push it open this big with my fingers.
    Before I set-up or shoot the bow, I'll be attempting to reserve the cable; same little procedure I did on my 1st X Force.

Here is my reserve job on the cable.
    I marked the spot where the draw stop makes contact and served over that spot again for reinforcement, it's not really visible in the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So all in all what do you guys think is the best string for your money?

PSE makes all their strings in house and it takes 5-10 minutes or less a string. They are like the tires you get on a new car..good to get you off the lot and and another 30K miles.

The $859 bow would be a $900 bow with decent strings.

Cya!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast