Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plans to build a Game Cart...

Cool Plans to build a Game Cart...

I know with all the DIY folks on here that somebody has plans for a game cart that's pulled behind a bicycle. I need to build one, so I'm open for ideas. Let's see what you've got!!

2007 Hoyt Vectrix XT
    28.5dl, 70#, D-loop, Limb Driver, FUSE 3-pin Sights,
    Victory Camo V3 400, FOBs, 280 FPS

Folds up and fits in a standard Duffle Bag

Been using this for years. Never seen anything better. Used it behind a bike too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool! I may just try that for next year!

Ca you share how you attach it to your bike? I have a game cart and an having a hard time figuring our a way to attach it to my bike. I had originally purchased 1" PVC T and slid it over the seat post. That didn't work to well.

Deer cart

Here is my version of the deer cart, the only thing that is not original is the way I attached the wheels. The first version had a 1/2" solid stainless axle that bent from the weight of a 12pt. I shot in 2002. This version has hardened steel bolts for axles and to date has not bent or broke.
    The wheels are from my old 24" BMX bike and they roll great!!! The cart can be pulled over logs laying on the ground with ease, because of the diameter of the wheels. I wouldn't suggest buying these 24" wheels though, they are not cheap!!
    The handle also extends out another 2 foot from it location in the pictures, that makes it easier to walk without hitting your heels. Hope this helps!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

old frame new use

09 am 32
    and a bunch of other high $ stuff
    speed is nothing without control

looks good

sweet bike cart!

Thumbs up

AIM small MISS small
    PWB PRO STAFF
    WHITETAILPREDATOR.COM PRO STAFF

SillySiloHunter..... Awesome setup!

I was going to build one similar to the one in post 5 using a section of my ladder stand that I don't use or hardly use. For wheels I was going to get some back wheels off a wheel chair.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31, 60X Strings, Epic N-Fused, Stingers, Snuffer SS, Slick Trick Mags, Wasp SST Boss

that cart thats attatched with a bike frame is an awesome idea,you can pick up frames at different places for next to nothing money wise.
    Elite Gt500 with a Code red rest and Trophy taker V5 sight

Here is the way I tow mine, just used it last week and it worked great100_2434.jpg100_2436.jpg

I made this one from conduit also...I've changed a few things on it to make it work a little better...
    IMG107.jpg

Here are pics of three different carts. I was at the dump and pulled up next to someone who was throwing out a bike trailer for pulling small children. BTW...it will not work as a game cart....aluminum is too weak. I saved the quick disconnect wheels and some parts...including the attachment arm for the trailer to the bike and will attach it for next season. DSC02448.JPGDSC02447.JPGDSC02446.JPG I have not decided if I am going to keep the bmx type handlebars on the cart still being built.

....one more thing....notice that the second cart has the forks/wheels slanted slightly inward. I did this and have yet to have any problems with it tipping over...regardless of the terrain. I make my carts about 20" wide from the center of each fork, depending on the user's height...the piece with the forks attached will be about 48" long. Also, I started attaching the pivot point to the inside of the fork...instead of on top of the wheel...this way the center of gravity for the cart is much lower and less problems tipping over.

....I just sold this one for $40...found the pic, so thought I would post it too. It did not connect to the bike, but worked great. DSC02433.JPGDSC02434.JPG

This is an old thread but I thought it might be worth bringing to the front page for summer projects. I have been wanting to build one and here are some great ideas, any more out there. I am getting older and dragging a good sized deer out of the woods is not any fun. I might use the grey PVC wire conduit. The connections have a larger radius and this should make it a bit stronger. Harbor Freight puts a good wheel for this on sale from time to time.
    I have heard of a man by the name of Christ,
    He went about doing good.
    It is sad that so many men are happy,
    just going about.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobubba View Post

I did one similar to this but mine has a telescopic handle and my wheels are held on with hitch clips so I can take them off and put them in the cart and fold it so it would lay in the trunk of a car. I would post a picture but I don't know how. I bought my wheels at a yard sale for $3.00 for the pair

I made this one a couple of years back. Tires and wheels are from northern tool. They are rated for 250lbs. each. The "cradle" is made of a plastic barrel.0618132007.jpg0618132007a.jpg0618132009.jpg

Here's one I made from a ladder stand, a cabelas cart wheel kit and a bit of angle iron and pipe. Its towed by bike using a piece of bent conduit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes." - Lewis Grizzard

great carts!
    >>>---------->
    oldschoolcj5

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf14 View Post
    I saw that one the other day, it looks really solid. I looked at the parts list and with some hunting it could be built for much less.
    I have heard of a man by the name of Christ,
    He went about doing good.
    It is sad that so many men are happy,
    just going about.

Quote Originally Posted by dogzlife View Post
    Here's one I made from a ladder stand, a cabelas cart wheel kit and a bit of angle iron and pipe. Its towed by bike using a piece of bent conduit.
    is that one of those stands that extends like an extension ladder? my father has one of those. he loves his

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast