Thread: Whats the differance between the Switchback, Drenalin, and the DXT?

Whats the differance between the Switchback, Drenalin, and the DXT?

Is there any price differance?

I would like to know.

Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    Bowtech General apg
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” Thomas Jefferson

Go to www.mathewsinc.com and everything you need is on there.

Lien2

Weight and size...

mathews

Switchback is one of the smoothest, quietest bows you will find. After that they headed in a direction that wasn't what I was hoping for, but many were.
    The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.-----Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by double o View Post

Is there any price differance?

I would like to know.

Here ya go...

http://mathewsinc.com/index.asp?Item...87&pageID=bows

I changed the comparison for Switchback to S2(same bow) because they no longer list the MSRP for the Switchback.

The Dren and DXT are bout $100 more than the S2, but I personally can't find a valid reason for it. I still think the Switchback and/or S2 are by far a better all around bow than the Drenalin or DXT.
    Last edited by CutTheLoop; August 27th, 2008 at 05:24 PM.

switch back is the most forgiving and quit.(cheapest)
    the drenilin uses slim limbs and a roto pocket and is faster than the xt and weighs less.(a litlle less expensive than dxt)
    the dxt is a drenilin that is a little smaller and about 2 fps faster.(most expensive)

i have shot all of them and liked them all about the same i couldnt really tell a difference between them while shooting except the sb was a little smoother at shot.

For all intents and purposes, nothing.......
    07 Smoke chrome commander
    07 Black marble commander
    07 camo Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by frankchugga View Post
    more harmonic dampeners and more speed . The Switchback XT is an excellent shooter . I have not shot the Dxt yet but the Drenalin is one sweet bow . I think the slim limb design is cool. It has got to be a little harder to spot in the stand.
    Team Exit Wounds

2014-2015 ArcheryTalk Deer Contest

Quote Originally Posted by frankchugga View Post
    And nothings changed with Bowtech. Snap, crackle, pop.

Seriously, check the website to compare them. I like the Drenalin the best of the three but YMMV. To me it was faster, lighter and didnt eat cables like the Switchback and the DXT is just too short for me with the parallel limbs.

I did compare the bows and the differences between the three are very little. I shot the DXT and like how small it is but to me the Drenalin, Switchback, and the DXT all seem to have about the same numbers on paper. They are great bows but they all seemed the same to me.
    Last edited by double o; August 27th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.
    Bowtech General apg
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” Thomas Jefferson

On paper alot of bows seem the same. There isnt a whole lot to change other than size and cams. They did change limb materiels on the dren and dxt. I guess they could change everything like some companies,But then again, they didnt recall any of their designs either.

Quote Originally Posted by hidden danger View Post
    more harmonic dampeners and more speed . The Switchback XT is an excellent shooter . I have not shot the Dxt yet but the Drenalin is one sweet bow . I think the slim limb design is cool. It has got to be a little harder to spot in the stand.
    All 3 have: 6 dampeners, string suppressors, are within 4 fps of each other, a perimeter weighted cam, 2x4 wood grip, roller guard, 7 inch brace height..........
    Last edited by frankchugga; August 27th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.
    07 Smoke chrome commander
    07 Black marble commander
    07 camo Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by DUCK29 View Post
    On paper alot of bows seem the same. There isnt a whole lot to change other than size and cams. They did change limb materiels on the dren and dxt. I guess they could change everything like some companies,But then again, they didnt recall any of their designs either.
    Ok calm down i didnt mean it like that. I just want some real answers thats all.

Ok which bow is the best then? I want as much info from real people and not TV. I like all three and was going to try to get one used for a back up bow.
    Bowtech General apg

Honestly, I have had 3 and still shoot a switchback. In my opinion, its the best Mathews along with the switchback xt. I was all ready to buy the dxt until I shot it. I wasnt impressed as much as I hoped. I still think the original switchback is the smoothest, most vibration free Mathews I have shot along with the XT.If I was going to buy a new Mathews today, no doubt it would be the S2.

Is the S2 like the Switchback?
    Bowtech General apg

Basically, same exact specs except a hair lighter with some different machining in the riser, but it feels identical when you shoot it.Dont know what they will come up with this year, but if they make a 31" or 30" s2xt, I will be all over it.

Nothing changed

Quote Originally Posted by machinegun74 View Post
    And nothings changed with Bowtech. Snap, crackle, pop.

Seriously, check the website to compare them. I like the Drenalin the best of the three but YMMV. To me it was faster, lighter and didnt eat cables like the Switchback and the DXT is just too short for me with the parallel limbs.
    except limbs blowing up in peoples faces.