timberline no peep

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

timberline no peep

Does anyone still use the timberline no peep?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Yes, I've been responding to posts about a similar product, the Anchor Sight.

What do you want to know?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Yep, I use the No Peep. I found the Anchor Sight to be big, the No Peep works great so no reason to change ...

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Have you figured any way of keeping it in place while changing sights or a way to tighten the screws down without it moving?

The Anchor Sight has a full one inch lens yet takes only a fraction of an inch more vertical space in the sight window so the size is an advantage. Also, the Anchor sight has true Micro adjustment for easy set-up.
    ARCHERY INNOVATIONS
    WHAT ARE YOU MISSING?
    e-mail: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I tried the no peep but had trouble getting it zoned in. I went back to my peep. I have one I will sell you dirt cheap if you want it. Pm me if you do.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by clint s View Post
    Have you figured any way of keeping it in place while changing sights or a way to tighten the screws down without it moving?
    No, not really. I guess that's the difference between the No-Peep and the more costly Anchor Sight. Timberline suggests some contact cement between the bracket and the riser, but I really don't care for that idea. I was disappointed too over the adjustment where you have to knock the whole thing loose to adjust the setscrew, and then have it move again when you lock it down. It definitely takes some playing before you get it right. Once it's set though, I've had no problems with it.

No-Peep mounting

I simply made a small thin aluminum bracket which I screwed to the inside of the riser and not to the back where the sight gets mounted, and I can now change sights, quiver brackets...Etc and not touch the No-Peep and worry about re-adjusting it.

I have an Alpine Silverado Sabre Match Grade, because of the integrated sight of these bows the bracket that comes with the no peep just would (and could not be made to) work. I also made a simple aluminium bracket that fits to the inside of the sight window, this has the added advantage that I can now adjust the no peep through the cutouts in the riser so I do not have to loosen anything other that the adjustment mechanism. I also have an anchor sight that I have not been able to fit to the Sabre and adjust properly as yet.
    I am OzArcher!!!
    Hunter of the Knock
    Emmissary of the Bandicoot

brackets

A couple of you said about brackets on the inside of the riser would you have any pics of it?

I don't but I'll see what I can do, this will be a good chance to learning how to add photos to this discussion board
    I am OzArcher!!!
    Hunter of the Knock

ttt
    I am OzArcher!!!
    Hunter of the Knock

No-Peep Bracket

This is the bracket I made from an old street sign. Great material for a sturdy mounting bracket.
    When I first installed the No-peep it was near the top of the sight window and found it hard to get used to, it seemed I was moveing my eyes up to see and make sure I was lined up. Now I set it low in the sight window and my eyes seem to adjust to this better then on top.
    Last edited by Darien Outdoors; September 6th, 2008 at 08:38 AM.

I'll try to explain what I did so it makes sense ...

Since I have an HHA slider I have my NoPeep above the sight, otherwise it would be in the way at longer distances. I took the bracket and pushed it back so the slots push against the sight's mounting screws and then tightened it all down. If I did have to take my sight off all I have to do is push it back against the screws again and it's lined up. I've taken it off before and put it back on and it was still zeroed.
    Luckily I can also get to the adjustment screws without a problem. The adjustment screws will try to move when you tighten them. I just guessed at how far they would move and compensated by having the dot slightly off. When I tightened the screws it brought it all into alignment. I did both mine and my brothers like this and it only took about fifteen minutes each to adjust them. I had an Anchor Sight but I didn't like the size and I really like the green color of the NoPeep better. We've had our NoPeeps setup for a year and a half now without any problems ...

Maybe pics will help ...

Quote Originally Posted by clint s View Post
    On my previous bow (Hoyt MT Sport), the bracket was constantly moving on me no matter how much I tightened it down. To remedy, I marked where the screw holes would be, and filled the channel on the bracket with Dura Fix (http://durafix.com/); then drilled out the two holes. Perfect fix.

I just now discovered something interesting about the NoPeep. I just replaced my buss cable, when I went to shoot the dot in the NoPeep was at the bottom of the circle, so I gave the buss cable another couple of twist and the dot is now centered where it should be. It helped to tell me my bow was slightly out of tune, that was kinda cool ...

Sorry for the delay, its taken a while to learn what to do to post pictures, I hope this has worked correctly. As I said in an earlier post this bracket was necessary because the integrated sight would not allow the standard no peep bracket to be used. it also has the added advantage that I can adjust the no peep through the large opening in the riser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Peep 1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	451020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Peep 2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	451021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Peep 3.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	451022  
    I am OzArcher!!!
    Hunter of the Knock

thanks

wanted to thank everyone for the pics, I've been having trouble with my computer and just now got everything working again.

Quote Originally Posted by OzArcher1 View Post
    Sorry for the delay, its taken a while to learn what to do to post pictures, I hope this has worked correctly. As I said in an earlier post this bracket was necessary because the integrated sight would not allow the standard no peep bracket to be used. it also has the added advantage that I can adjust the no peep through the large opening in the riser.
    thanks for the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darien Outdoors View Post
    This is the bracket I made from an old street sign. Great material for a sturdy mounting bracket.
    When I first installed the No-peep it was near the top of the sight window and found it hard to get used to, it seemed I was moveing my eyes up to see and make sure I was lined up. Now I set it low in the sight window and my eyes seem to adjust to this better then on top.
    thanks for the pics, did you have to drill and tap your riser or are screws running through the holes in the riser to a bracket on the other side?

thanks for the pics.

on the alpine match grade the sight mounting is tapped and bolts come through from the arrow side of the riser
    I am OzArcher!!!
    Hunter of the Knock

No drilling or tapping of the bow

Hello Clint:

No drilling.... I simply made the bracket to fit from the back side of the regular sight mounting holes from the riser side. Made the holes in the bracker slightly larger so a screw passes through without extra work.

I've been using the no-peep since it came out and have taken it off and on the bow many times. When putting it back on, it needs no left/right adjustments. The vertical adjustment is very easy. You want to avoid having to touch the adjustments on the no-peep itself. There is plenty of "play" in the bracket. Just put it on with the sight, not tightened all the way. Make is so that with a little force you can move the bracket by hand pressure. Draw back and test. Repeat until you have it correct. Once in the right spot, tighten the sight completely. I can usually have it spot-on within a minute or two and never have to touch the no-peep adjusting screws.