a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: ASAT Blind pics and review

ASAT Blind pics and review

I bought an ASAT Quickie blind - it's a pretty good blind. The material isn't as high as quality as a Double bull but it's a close 2nd. It's still thick and will do the job. It's blacked out inside and has cool clip-up windows that you can drop silently. I like it alot and can't wait to use it this year. Here are some pics.

Set up in the entry room - my daughter is inside wearing all black.

View into the blind from the door.

Inside the blind with the screens up but the window flaps down. The window flaps have the camo on them, not blacked out - no black holes.

Ceiling / vent flap - cool idea if it's hot or you want to stand up and shoot.

These are the silent window clips, it has zippers and these clips so you can silently just drop the window flap to see out.

Hub staps so you can pull them out easily.

Brush straps so you can brush it in.

and all folded up in it's back pack. It's kind of heavy, but not too bad.

You set up the blind in the house, got your daughter to dress in black and sit in blind, took pictures including pics if the clips and flaps, and posted them on the internet with a review of the product. You are a fanatic my friend.

That's archers helping archers.
    Contender Elite by Hoyt and Genio 7 by W&W Black.
    CXL-55 by Carbon Express
    Sure Loc Supreme sights, Extreme scopes
    Ripcord Code Reds, Stan MagMicro 3, Cartel Carbon Stabilizers

They do seem to be a well made blind, but that camo pattern i believe is the only one they offer though and would not blend in in my neck of the woods. i think they could sell more with a predator camo or a APG HD type camo?
    Trophy Hunters Supply LLC
    Pro Shop authorized to sell: Bows by PSE, Obsession and Elite Archery..... Crossbows by Scorpyd, Killer Instinct, Ten Point and Barnett. We carry all the popular accessories and equipment needed to outfit all your hunting needs!
    Please call 920-562-BOWS or text 920-562-0099 for questions or to order!

Your pictures are great. It looks pretty heavy duty and well made.
    Exo Mountain Backpacks
    Darton Archery
    Lone Wolf
    Havalon Torch
    Kifaru

Quote Originally Posted by thirdypointer View Post
    They do seem to be a well made blind, but that camo pattern i believe is the only one they offer though and would not blend in in my neck of the woods. i think they could sell more with a predator camo or a APG HD type camo?
    ASAT is ASAT, they dont need to offer another camo..
    It works in All Season All Terrain, everything from openings where they cut timber to "green" surroundings! They have more photos of the blind on their website.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darton DS-3800 + RipCord + MT Black Gold Ascent + BEA Rampage + Slick Trick + Tight Spot + ASAT 3D Camo (or Ultimate suit) = Equipment you can rely on!

My FaceBook page..

Thumbs up Great Job!

You did your homework on this, I appreciate all of the photos and the review. It looks like it is one well made blind. I really like where you can tie in some brush/grass to break up the roof. I have heard of these blinds but this is the first chance I have had to get a good look at one.
    Gage Brock
    Idaho
    www.huntersjourneymagazine.com

I have one and just don't like the window setup, if they would come up with a 360 type windows like the Double bulls then it would be one heck of a blind. Just too much blind spots for me.
    Crackerized AM32 blackout camo, QAD rest, anchor sight, B-stinger, Spot hogg Boss hogg
    PSE xforce

MI had an early doe season last weekend (gun) so I took my new blind and set it in the corner of an open feild not brushed in to see if the rumors of deer ignoring the ASAT pattern where true. A small herd 8 does came into the feild and though they did see the blind and were weary of it, they continued walked through the feild. It's not a magic pattern like they advertise but the deer did continue to go on their way with out spooking too much. Shot my first doe out of this blind! Over all the ease of putting it up and down is awesome and the back pack case works great. Overall I think it's a great blind.

I like it.

What did it cost?

Two things my Dark Horse dosen't have, and this blind does. Brush loops, and camo windows-the DH has black windows.
    New Archery Nation Field Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Buckblood View Post
    I like it.

What did it cost?

Two things my Dark Horse dosen't have, and this blind does. Brush loops, and camo windows-the DH has black windows.
    $235 shipped.

I liked the camo window flaps too. Don't get me wrong, I've been in the new DH and it's really really nice, if i was rich I'd buy one but for almost 1/2 the price this eastman is a really good blind.

Quote Originally Posted by archer109 View Post
    I have one and just don't like the window setup, if they would come up with a 360 type windows like the Double bulls then it would be one heck of a blind. Just too much blind spots for me.
    Sure, 360 blinds will get you more view..
    But when opening up too much the chance of getting busted when moving around in the blind is much bigger. You get too much light inside the blind..

I wonder why Primos doesnt make the DB Matrix 360 any more?
    Darton DS-3800 + RipCord + MT Black Gold Ascent + BEA Rampage + Slick Trick + Tight Spot + ASAT 3D Camo (or Ultimate suit) = Equipment you can rely on!

My FaceBook page..

Well you don't have to open up all the windows. I love the way my Dark Horse and the Matrix windows work. Deer don't seem to mind them, if it work the windows right you don't get anymore light coming in.
    Crackerized AM32 blackout camo, QAD rest, anchor sight, B-stinger, Spot hogg Boss hogg
    PSE xforce

Quote Originally Posted by Corona View Post
    $235 shipped.

I liked the camo window flaps too. Don't get me wrong, I've been in the new DH and it's really really nice, if i was rich I'd buy one but for almost 1/2 the price this eastman is a really good blind.
    Is it the same to set up as a DB and what is it's warranty? How would you rate the cloth compared to a DB also? Is it about the same size as a Dark Horse? Just wondering how it matches up considering it's much lower price!
    Trophy Hunters Supply LLC
    Pro Shop authorized to sell: Bows by PSE, Obsession and Elite Archery..... Crossbows by Scorpyd, Killer Instinct, Ten Point and Barnett. We carry all the popular accessories and equipment needed to outfit all your hunting needs!
    Please call 920-562-BOWS or text 920-562-0099 for questions or to order!