a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Bowplane Laser Alignment Tool - Who has or used one?

Bowplane Laser Alignment Tool - Who has or used one?

Has anybody here used the bow plane laser alignment tool by doubletakearchery.com? How well did it work? Was it as easy as they make it sound on their sight?

I do like the fact that you just have to "nock" it on your string and not remove anything. Nor hold something against your riser.

Is it a tool worth buying? Let me know your comments/review.

Thanks.

Athens Archery Factory Staff, TRU Ball Staff, Nimrod Pack Systems Field Staff
    Athens Accomplice 34 & Athens Recluse

I haven't used or even seen that model used but I was in a bow shop a while back and the guy used a laser to setup a bow. All I can say is...man that is cheating big time!

Talk about making setup a dream. I am so tempted to buy one for myself it aint even funny. Stick the bow in a vise, arrow on the string, levels in place, and there is no guessing. That bad boy is setup perfect!

The one I seen used cost $100 and attached to the sight mount holes. It was a 5 minute setup and he was done. We've shot that bow off and on for about 2 months now and still haven't changed a single thing on it. Broadhead to field point alignment was even perfect.

I set mine up the old way and screwed around with it for 2 hours doing the broadhead and field point walk back thing. Mine shoots every bit as good and the laser tuned bow but 5 minute vs 2 hours of dink'n...You get the picture.

Go buy one.

Bowplane Tool

I was paper tuning my bow and kept getting a tear. I took it to two different shops and they told me it was either me or the arrows. After several frustrating days, one of the shops suggested using the Bowplane on it to check the cam alignment (mind you, both bow shops told me alignment was fine by the naked eye). Well the Bowplane said different. Adjusted my idler wheel and the bow started shooting bullets again. I was sold after that. I bought a like new one off a fellow AT member. I highly recommend getting one. They are pricey retail, but maybe you can find a steal on one like I did.

Burlington, Washington ( Northwestern corner of the Evergreen state)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Out West View Post
    I was paper tuning my bow and kept getting a tear. I took it to two different shops and they told me it was either me or the arrows. After several frustrating days, one of the shops suggested using the Bowplane on it to check the cam alignment (mind you, both bow shops told me alignment was fine by the naked eye). Well the Bowplane said different. Adjusted my idler wheel and the bow started shooting bullets again. I was sold after that. I bought a like new one off a fellow AT member. I highly recommend getting one. They are pricey retail, but maybe you can find a steal on one like I did.
    I absolutely Love My Bowplane! It is one of the finest tools I have ever used and it's also one of the most versatile tools in my shop!

1. Set Nocking points
    2. Check and set Center Shot
    3. Check Cam Alignment

The Bowplane Does It All! As far as I'm concerned it is absolutely worth every penny I spent on it!

Dick
    2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Quote Originally Posted by grandpawrichard View Post
    I absolutely Love My Bowplane! It is one of the finest tools I have ever used and it's also one of the most versatile tools in my shop!

1. Set Nocking points
    2. Check and set Center Shot
    3. Check Cam Alignment

The Bowplane Does It All! As far as I'm concerned it is absolutely worth every penny I spent on it!

Dick
    I have to agree with that. Got mine on Tuesday. Always had trouble tuning my High Country PL28 Mag. Use a WB and arrows just never flew perfectly.

Bowplane came UPS, opened the package, got out the bow.....15 minutes later.....shooting darts......Wow. just Wow.

Yea, shortly after posting I went ahead and got one from the classified here. So far, I have really liked it. I could align my rest with the strings/cams and then my sights.

Sure was easy to get a really good starting point prior to shooting. Alot better than eyeballing my sights then making alot of adjustments after shooting.
    Athens Archery Factory Staff, TRU Ball Staff, Nimrod Pack Systems Field Staff
    Athens Accomplice 34 & Athens Recluse

Question: Should I be able to see the laser in a regularly lit room. I have to make the room completly dark just to see the thing. Then i can't see to work on anything.

You can see it with the lights on. It shines on the limbs and cams and such.

I love my Bowplane. It is a great starting point when it comes to tuning. It gets me within 1/16" on centershot and nock height. Saves a lot of time. Also on single and double cams, you can also see cam lean at static.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby Tuna View Post
    Question: Should I be able to see the laser in a regularly lit room. I have to make the room completly dark just to see the thing. Then i can't see to work on anything.
    Check to see if the cap that holds the batteries is making good contact.

Cleaned the cap and now have good laser. thanks