Thread: Looking for Bear Whitetail Hunter Manual

Looking for Bear Whitetail Hunter Manual

Does anyone have an owners manual or a link to one for a Bear Whitetail hunter compound bow circa 1979-1980? My uncle found one in great shape at a garage sale, but no manual. I am looking for more info on how to adjust draw lenght and weight. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

whitetail hunter

show me a picture.

the pics aren't very good, but here is the overall bow and the part labeled A, B, & C for adjustments
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very interested in this thread. I just acquired the same bow the other day.
    Hoyt Carbon Element
    Bowtech Experience (on order)

whitetail hunter

If you take the cable off the small wheel and move the wheel in toward the riser it will increase the weight aprox. 5# per hole moved. This will increase DL avery small amount. The bow was not DL adjustable.The small wheels must be in the same position.AA BB CC.

Looked at the Pic. again and noticed the Berger button hole was not drilled out and tapped.This tells me the bow might be older than you stated.

Thank you. I got it adjusted for me. Any suggestions on arrow type and length? I have it set at 50lb dw and 27in dl.

Thank you all for your help. This is all new to me. I am excited to get started

My first bow was a white tail hunter. Very smooth and very forgiving. I shot it with fingers and a red mark on the string instead of a peep and shot six inch groups at 40 yds using old junk arrows and without knowing anything about form I gave it away after acquiring a more modern bow but I wish I'd kept it. It was great fun to shoot!

It was my first compound too.

The small wheels on the arms change the draw weight as was stated. There should be cable slots in the wheels at the end of the limbs for changing the draw length. I thought you could change the draw weight in a 10 pound range, and the draw length in 1/4" increments over 1".

If I remember correctly my bow was 40-50 pounds and 28-29".

Killed my first Elk in 1985 with that bow shooting 2117 Easton aluminums and Wasp broadheads. Lots of good memories.
    Researchers have yet to discover a society in which gatherers are celebrated in song and story for their ability to bring home roots and berries.

If God had not intended for man to eat meat, we'd only have teeth on the bottom like a cow
    M.L. Simmons

Is that a roller guard. Thought that was a mathews "innovation".
    Martin Archery
    Moab Pro hunter

Cables wrong

With the poundage wheels in the lowest setting the cables should only cross one time. That cross being between the poundage wheels. It appears you have the cables routed wrong.
    " Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end "

www.downeastarchery.homestead.com/DEAC.html

Whitetail Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfletch View Post
    With the poundage wheels in the lowest setting the cables should only cross one time. That cross being between the poundage wheels. It appears you have the cables routed wrong.
    I agree wholeheartedly, looks like the cables are out of position, this was my first compound bow as well, I couldn't hit a barn with it, but it was my first compound bow.
    Life is how you live it, take nothing for granted
    2013 Bowtech Experience 29.5" DL, mods set @ 29, 58#
    27" GT Velocity XT 400 365 grains total weight w/nockturnal nocks 295 fps

I see what you mean. Corrected the cables. Thank you all again for the help. This is all so new to me. The only one in my family that bow hunts is my uncle and he is 150 mi away.

do you know where i could find a cabel for this bow

I would like to see a manual also.
    Foam~"The Patriot"Hoyt Contender Spots/Field/ASA~Hoyt Contender Hunting~Mathews DXTTru-Ball\Axcel ~ Black Eagle Arrows
    Trophy Taker ~ Center Circle Strings ~ Mid-Thumb Bowmen

I know this is an older post but if you are still looking for a manual you can find one here: https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/3300544e64d864a2ddd5. I have the same bow. I picked up a rail sight on ebay for $10 & a collapsible arrow rest for around $10 that will let you shoot nonfeathered arrows. It's a metal rest where the arm folds in as the vane passes by.

I still have mine. I shot 3 deer with that bow. Mine is not adjustable for draw length. There are no slots in he wheels as someone else said. I don't know if that came later or what. Mine was 32" draw if I remember right, with 65# max weight.

Oops! Didn't realize the tread was that old.