a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Adam Hays . . . .

Adam Hays . . . .

I just got done reading an article in the October issue of NAW that was written by Adam Hays. Very good article! I also recently viewed Adam on Lone Wolf's - Whitetail Addictions, Vol 1.

I have not heard or seen much of Adam, but firmly believe that he is a very knowledgable bowhunter. He is one of the few hunters to have taken 3 bucks grossing over 200".

He seems to be a very down to earth guy. If he were to write a book on bowhunting trophy whitetails it would be a "must have" for me.

If you have not read this article or seen any of his hunts, I highly recommend it! Just thought I would share this for those of you who have not heard of him.

Check out some of his bucks (the top 3 are his 200"+ bucks, and the other 2 are just some other very nice bucks) . . . . WOW!

Interested in a custom tune? Visit us at . . . . .

tatersarcherysolutions dot com

I've seen several of his hunts and he's really good hunter, and he makes some great shots.

I read the articles also. Hadn't really heard much about him before that.

Dude seems to have it going on....and some great places to hunt to boot!
    Its not what I do.........Its who I am..

hire - drive - buy - be

AMERICAN

I met him a couple times. Seems like a very low-key, no-nonsense kind of person. I think that's what makes him a good hunter. Sure, he hunts good land, but so does anyone who expects to kill such high-quality animals on a regular basis. If you read the NAW article, you would notice that the man is somewhat obsessed with locating and patterning specific bucks well ahead of the season and plans with meticulous detail a point of attack that exploits a weakness in the armour for each buck. The overall gist of the article was that he killed all 3 of his 200 inchers in the last 10 days of October, before the willy-nilly of the rut. One other interesting aspect of the article was that Adam prefers to hunt a wind that is favorable for the buck (or favorable for the buck and the hunter) because mature deer are more likely to move in daylight when the wind is in their favor. The guy does his homework.

Between Adam and Andre D'Acquisto (the Lone Wolf himself) you basically have a couple of world class deer killing machines.

HR

They kill some studs on their show! Looks like they hunt some pretty good places. That double drop tine he either missed or didn't get a shot on(can't remember now) in Canada was an AWSOME deer!
    Team Slayer Outdoors

FOB -O------------> www.starrflight.com
    NC+ Seed Company, Double Z Decals(doublezdecals.com), Madge & Nettie's Cupboard, Prairie Spirit Realty/United Country

Adam Hays is an excellent big deer hunter. I felt really bad for him when he shot high on that 240'' giant in the Edmonton Bowzone a few years ago. He really is a hard working and patient hunter. The techniques I use to get my bucks (which are usually the biggest in the area I hunt) are very similar to the ways he hunts and sets up. Of all the hunters out there, he is by far my favorite and the one I respect the most. I'm very young, and I hope someday i'll get to shake his hand and talk to him a bit. I can't wait to see what 2008 has in store for him.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    One other interesting aspect of the article was that Adam prefers to hunt a wind that is favorable for the buck (or favorable for the buck and the hunter) because mature deer are more likely to move in daylight when the wind is in their favor.
    HR

I never thought that much about it until the last month or so. But this is probably one of the best things that I have ever read. I read something very similar in Don Higgins' book "Hunting Trophy Whitetails in The Real World". I will now think this through with great detail when planning my hunts this fall!
    Interested in a custom tune? Visit us at . . . . .

tatersarcherysolutions dot com

That guy is definately a gamer.. He hunts hard.
    "All the gizmos in the world don't matter if you don't do things the right way"... Jay Gregory.. AT Featured chat...

"We get what we earn, not what we deserve".... ME....

Talking Always good reads from him

I think he is very good at patterns that most people ignore, im glad he is open to share these things with us. I read he took 105gr off his hunting arrows by dropping from a 125 to a 85 montec & 7.9gr/per inch arrow instead of 9 also from 5" vanes to 2. He said this not only increased his speed but he noticed a much flatter trajectory out to 60 yds. I found this very amusing since this is often a heated thread topic on this site. I guess i do think a little like a pro, i can crunch K.E. numbers, now if i could just locate a few 200+" Bucks to hunt and shoot 10x better than i do now, i could maybe hold a BIG BUCK for photos.

I read the article today, he really seems to know his stuff. He definitely has the deer to back it up!

Read it last night and agree wholeheartedly. My 5 best bucks have been dumped before October 18, find one, pattern him and go after him, the rut will lead them astray. It's the best time of year to kill a deer you are specifically hunting for, no doubt about it.

Very smart hunter, does his homework and you can see his rewards. Seems to have a great knowledge on whitetails and if you follow his tips, I believe it can make you too a little more successful.
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps