a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Questions on a Very Old Martin Ocelot MT-3 bow

Burlington, Washington ( Northwestern corner of the Evergreen state)

Question Questions on a Very Old Martin Ocelot MT-3 bow

I recently acquired an OLD Martin Ocelot MT-3 bow (I won it in a drawing on a new archery retailers website. )

It is a completely wooden bow with the wheels hung from metal brackets. The limbs and the riser are all one piece of wood. It has a custom paint job that was done by the factory. The camo is little brown deer heads. The draw length is 28 to 30"; the draw weight is 46 lbs. ; holding weight is 50% String Length is 38" and the bow number is 25 DMG. The bow weight is 2 1/2 pounds.

The sticker on it says:
    Guftason Mfg. Co.
    606 State St.
    Emmetsburg, Iowa 50536

phone 712-852-3207

On the owner's manual it has the following numbers 29-84. This bow was in the Factory box and has Never been shot. It also was never sold or registered.

If anyone has any information about this bow, Could you please tell me a little bit about this old bow, like when was it manufactured, how long it was manufactured, and what it is worth?

I really think that it is a neat old bow and a fine example of the Craftsmanship of a bygone era. It would really be a neat part of a bow collection in a museum, because there is not a scratch on it and it is in Pristene Condition.

I would appreciate any help that you can give me in regards to this fine old bow. I plan on taking a bunch of photos of it and posting a story about the bow in different archery forums. So any and all information is appreciated!

Thanks for helping me out!

Sincerely,
    Dick Raymond
    aka: grandpawrichard

email address: grandpawrichard@hotmail.com
    2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Thumbs up Questions on a Very Old Martin Ocelot MT-3 bow

Let's bump this up to the top.

Dick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2 Canon, 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Enclosed are some photo hosting site photos that shows some of the neat old bow. I figured maybe if someone could see some photos of it that they might get a memory jog and be able to give me some insight into the bow.

Thanks for looking.

Dick

A little more info for you GPR. Looked through the catalog archive and this is what I found....

the bow...

Here is the bow

the specs

as listed in the 1976 catalog...

Wow! Thanks a lot Jon! I appreciate your help in this matter.
    I called the phone number that was on the bow sticker and got to talk to Mr. Guftason. He told me that the bow was manufactured 9/8/1977 and that it sold for $135 back then.

Now I wonder just what this Pristeen, never shot bow would be worth.

I also wonder if Martin Archery would like to have it for their museum? Maybe we could work out something. I hate to see this great old bow just sit in a box and never be used or admired!

Dick

Question

Does anyone have an idea just how much this old bow would be worth? I really would like to see a collector or a museum have it. I just don't have a place to store it. So I would consider selling it for a fair price. I would also be willing to donate it to a Museum if I could take a fair price for it off my income taxes!

Dick