a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Determining String Length for Shakespeare Wonderbow

Determining String Length for Shakespeare Wonderbow

I was recently given a Shakespeare Wonderbow, Cascade, Model X-29. I want to put a new string on it but, don't know what length to use. The bow is 50" tip to tip unstrung. The sting that is on it is 45". The brace height is 9". I would like to get the brace height down to around 7.5". It is very noisey when shooting it that is way I want to reduce the brace height to try and quiet it down some. The markings on the bow say, 46+ which I assume is the draw weight, J91960E, again, assuming that is the serial number and 50", which is the actual length of the bow measuring from tip to tip over the curves on each end of the bow. Anyone know what the brace height was on this bow originally? Thanks

http://archeryarchives.com/Shakebowf...iles/s1969.htm
    Brace height is listed at 9".
    I guess that's what they intended it to be. No reason you can't experiment some. How much longer string to play with?

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna try a couple of different strings lengths. At the price of the strings, I'll try 1,2 and 3 inches longer just to see what happens. Thanks again.

Will using a longer string extend the draw length? Also, will it cause problems tuning the bow? Thanks for your advise. I'm very new to the traditional bows and have a lot to learn. Your help is appreciated.

With a stick bow the draw length is whatever you pull it too, be it 22" or 29" only thing is the draw weight will be less or more as they are listed at 28" draw.

Another thing if the bow is noisy with a 9 " brace height lowering the brace will just make it even more so as more string contacts the limb when shot. Raising it a little might help as would string silencers . You can raise and lower the height by twisting or untwisting the string some, if you get an inch longer string your going to have some problems.. Randy