a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: HCA High Country Archery?

HCA High Country Archery?

whats up with HCA, they are perfect in specs, so why dont i see any of them? Is there things that arent so good about them?

Darton pro 2000, 27.5"
    Easton Epic 400, 430grns, 261 fps, 65# K.E.

"I bow hunt because with my bow i feel like a "hunter", with a rifle, i am a killer"

not as far as I'm concerned. I love my Speed Force as much as any bow I've ever owned.
    New Breed Cyborg
    High Country Conquest
    Toelke Chinook
    Samick Sage
    DRT Broadheads by Dirt Nap Gear www.dirtnapgear.com

speed pro

I am a dealer in North Texas and I love the new 09 speed pro. I am having lots of trouble getting them in. I have 2 and waiting on 2 more for more than two weeks. The 09 speed pro is worth getting your hands on.

High Country fell on hard times a few years ago and for various reasons lost most of their dealers. They are under new management and are making a quality product and seem to be really trying to rebuild their reputation but they just don't have as big a dealer network as they need yet for a lot of people to see them. If you are interested in one of their bows they will ship it to your local dealer and if you like it you can buy it and if not they will take it back at no risk to you or the dealer.

I'm on my third High Country bow. I've had a SSS, a TSSR both with the carbon fiber risers. I now own the Iron Mace. As much as I like the Iron Mace the new Speed Force is better yet. Now if they would only make a carbon fiber Speed Force. Their are a lot of High Country haters on this forum and I am sure some have valid reasons, all I can say is all 3 of my bows have been great with no problems and I will buy another in the future.

HCA X-11 70 lb.
    GT Pro Hunters, Trophy Ridge 3 pin, Limbdriver Pro V

HCA Speed Force 60 lb.
    Gold Tip Ultra Lites, Trophy Ridge Flatliner 5 pin, QAD Ultra HD

I think those carbon risers are history wanna. Something happened and they can't get em anymore. I liked the old tssr I had too.
    New Breed Cyborg
    High Country Conquest
    Toelke Chinook
    Samick Sage
    DRT Broadheads by Dirt Nap Gear www.dirtnapgear.com

Hca 09 speed pro ....

I dont expect HCA to meet demand for this 09 bow in 08. I know there hooked up building them as fast as they can and will continue through the winter months building HCA bows of all models. Just get to your local dealer and get one on order. These bows are shipping out faster than were currently building parts for them. HCA will fill "ALL" orders for this 09 Speed Pro, and any other current models. They will continue to ship. I have the Iron Mace / Speed Force / Speed Pro ... pure quality. I have never had my hands on a faster out of the box bow. Im in the low 340's at 61 lbs x 28.5" draw with my hunting set up. Im shootin the Carbon Revloution 5.5 with the 55grain Speed Pro Broadheads. This is a SUPER WHACKER set up on my Iron Mace. Im good to 45 yards ... 1 pin set up. Set it dead on at 30yards. Your a little high at 20yards (2") ... even lesser amount low at 40yards (1"). I can shoot 50 yards with this pin. Set it on it's back ... it will drop right in there.
    I LOVE IT ... Im just adjusting my aiming point ... not counting sight pins.

Speed force

Love my HCA, I have had 3 and am very happy that they are back in full force. I hope they keep moving in the right direction!
    2008 HCA Speed Force
    61.5 lbs 351 grn 28.5" draw
    306 FPS
    61.5 lbs 312 grn 28.5" draw
    319 FPS

Quote Originally Posted by wannaBelkhuntin View Post
    I'm on my third High Country bow. I've had a SSS, a TSSR both with the carbon fiber risers. I now own the Iron Mace. As much as I like the Iron Mace the new Speed Force is better yet. Now if they would only make a carbon fiber Speed Force. Their are a lot of High Country haters on this forum and I am sure some have valid reasons, all I can say is all 3 of my bows have been great with no problems and I will buy another in the future.

11 days after my last post and now I am on my 4th. HCA bow. I just bought a Speed Force. As much as I liked my Iron Mace this Speed Force is noticably better. Shooting baseball size groups at 55 yds. with my 85 gr. Wac'Ems. Season starts in about 15 hours for me. Good Luck to All.

HCA X-11 70 lb.

HCA Speed Force 60 lb.

To answer your question, High Country lost popularity when it's customer service went to pot. That may be different now, I really don't know. My first decent bow was a HCA Brute Force Solocam. The riser bent within 3 months of owning it. I actually lucked up and traded it with a little boot and got an MQ1.

I love my Speed Force.
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter www.athensarchery.com
    2012 Athens Recluse
    TRU Ball Staff Shooter
    Vendetta Stablizers CE Maxima Hunter 350 Arrows

I hunt with a friend that shoots a HCA and he loves the bow, not sure of the model...I shot the Iron Mace it and seemed like a real BRUTE to me. What are the differences between the Iron Mace and the Speed Pro???....

That new Speed Pro is Definitely worth a try...I am shooting 70lbs and 30 inch draw over 348 FPS!! You talk about a sweet shooting bow! I have never shot anything like this one!

Quote Originally Posted by elk-aholic View Post
    That new Speed Pro is Definitely worth a try...I am shooting 70lbs and 30 inch draw over 348 FPS!! You talk about a sweet shooting bow! I have never shot anything like this one!
    How about the noise and hand shock

Quote Originally Posted by 188 Inches View Post
    How about the noise and hand shock
    I don't notice any with mine. I'll tell you what 2 of my Matthews shooting friends said about my Iron Mace " Wow that thing is fast and Quiet too." and my Speed Force is even better.

HCA X-11 70 lb.

HCA Speed Force 60 lb.

I don't notice any with mine. I'll tell you what 2 of my Matthews shooting friends said about my Iron Mace " Wow that thing is fast and Quiet too." and my Speed Force is even better.
    Thanks. I shot HCA years ago. Back in the 90's. I'm looking for a new bow and was considering this bow.

How is hand shock? If you've ever shot an Elite or Bowtech how does it compare?

Is the IBO realistic?

Thanks again

To me there is no hand "shock" but then I guess I would need someone to explain what it is. I shoot with NO wrist sling, I wrap my first finger lightly around the grip with the others open. I have shot this way for years. With the parallel limb design of todays bows "shock" is almost a thing of the past.
    A far as IBO ratings I am a hunter and don't care about that. I will say that I shoot the Gold Tip Ultra Light arrows so I think I am under IBO specs. and I have the HCA Speed Pro 5.5 arrows if I want even more speed. I do know that my Speed Force is a sweet shooting bow to 75 yds. which is my personnel limit. With field tips I can shoot softball size groups at 75 yds. and with broadheads I can shoot the same to 55 yds. As a former HCA shooter I think you will be impressed with the latest efforts from HCA, go try one they are a great product. JMO

HCA X-11 70 lb.

HCA Speed Force 60 lb.

To me there is no hand "shock" but then I guess I would need someone to explain what it is. I shoot with NO wrist sling, I wrap my first finger lightly around the grip with the others open. I have shot this way for years. With the parallel limb design of todays bows "shock" is almost a thing of the past.
    A far as IBO ratings I am a hunter and don't care about that. I will say that I shoot the Gold Tip Ultra Light arrows so I think I am under IBO specs. and I have the HCA Speed Pro 5.5 arrows if I want even more speed. I do know that my Speed Force is a sweet shooting bow to 75 yds. which is my personnel limit. With field tips I can shoot softball size groups at 75 yds. and with broadheads I can shoot the same to 55 yds. As a former HCA shooter I think you will be impressed with the latest efforts from HCA, go try one they are a great product. JMO
    Thanks again for all your help and information. I am gong to check them out.

Bargain Bin Selling 09 Speed PRO

Used one season, but I hurt my shoulder. 70 to 80 # bow, 27" to 30" .

Paid, 829.00 plus 50.00 extra for High Proformance string. Will take 500.00.

Statesville N.C. 828 632 0217 or 828 612 0606.If you know anything about this bow,

I do not to tell anything else!!!!!

I shot a Machined Supreme for 10 years, fast, accuarate, reliable. I was not thrilled with the single cams they were making when I sold it.

I’ve owned three HCA bows 1993 was a great bow. The two I owned in the mid 2000nds were pure junk. They have made some improvements with bows and customer service, they would have had to. I figured they were down the dumper, but managed to stay going. At one time they were one of the hottest/best bow companies going.
    If it looks like crap, smells like crap, tastes like crap, lies like crap; it’s more than likely a politician from Illinois.