Thread: Lone Wolf Sit/Climb vs. Ol'man Grand Multivision Aluminum vs. Summit Ultimate

Lone Wolf Sit/Climb vs. Ol'man Grand Multivision Aluminum vs. Summit Ultimate

I have always hunted out of an ol' man grand multivision steel (30lbs) and was looking for a lighter climber. I have a Lone wolf alpha hang on and love it. Thought about the Lone wolf Sit/Climb but didn't know if the 08 seat made it better then what people say about the old seats. The lone wolf is (18lbs) and the ol' man aluminum (19) so weight isn't really a difference between them. Which one have yall tried and is the Lone wolf really worth the money. Thanks so much for your time and info.

Also has anyone tried the Summit Ultimate Viper with the new seat. Thanks.

2011 ELITE "FAIRY DUSTER" and GTO on the way!!!!!!!
    THANKS AVERY OUTDOORS
    THANKS BEE BUSY OUTDOORS- CALL JOE HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU forTrail Cams!
    Hunting Trip $1800,Deer Tag $300,Gas $100 Knowing you shoot an Elite and your limbs won't fail $PRICELESS

I know this wasn't really what you where asking about but i'll throw it out ther. I hunt out of the regular ol man(22.6lbs) and i tried a buddys older viper(30.8lbs) last night.Yes my ol man is lighter buddy the summit was easier to get on and off the tree and the ol man seat is comfortable BUT even the older summit seat blows it away!
    Athens Factory Staff,Bee Stinger Shooting Staff,Black Eagle Arrows Shooting Staff,Pure Perfextion strings and cables Shooting Staff,
    Stan Shooting Staff,Trophy Blend Deer Scent

I have had a Summit Viper SS (21 lbs) for at least 6 years and last year I saw the new Surround seat and had to have one - I bought one from Cabelas for $64 and all I can say is they took the orginal seat which was an all day seat and turned it into a 24 hour chair. the seat is absolutely the most comfortable seat I have ever sat in.

I have never used a Lone Wolf but have to believe they are quieter climbing the tree than a Summit. In order to be quiet with the Summit - I have to go pretty slow. However, for the comfort of the original Summit seat which was fine but now the new Surround seat is over the top comfortable I will give up some time to go slower up and down the tree for the comfort of the Summit seats.
    Last edited by dhacker; October 20th, 2008 at 07:55 AM.

I can speak to this topic with some experience....

I have a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb and actually two Ol Man Grand Vision (not the multivison). I like the Lone Wolf for bow hunting, but I think the reason's why I prefer it for bowhunting were resolved with the multiVIsion. I like the fact that if folds flat on my back for carrying. The Vision had the foot rest/shooting rest sticking out a long ways which made it more difficult to carry. I also like how secure the Lone Wolf is on the trunk. When you pull the two straps down on the sides of the stand that "pinch" the bottom half and the top half together on the trunk...that rascal doesn't move a fraction of an inch! Since I stand most of the time while bow hunting, I really like that feature. The think I don't like about the Lone Wolf but do like about the Ol Man stands is the seat. The Lone Wolf isn't wide enough for my......um, backside. I'm a big guy...6'6", 250lbs and I can sit in it, but going from a sitting position to a standing position requires quite a bit of movement and the top half of the stand "catches" on the sides of my HSS Vest. The Grand Vision is quite a bit wider and I find the net seat more comfotable.

Setting up on the tree.....the Lone Wolf is quiet, but can sometimes be difficult to open the lever cam for the belt. I guess its a good thing that its really tight from a safety perspective, but it can be really difficult if its cold out and darn near impossible once you're in the tree. I know, I know...you shouldn't ever try to fix a platform angle once you're in the tree, but if you don't guess the right angle when you're on the ground, the liklihood of you leveling your stand once you're at your desired height and near zero. The Ol Man isn't easy to do either with the pin/cable system, but it is possible. The Lone Wolf is easier to set up on the tree in the dark since you're not trying to get a pin through a small hole in the cable and its probably a little quieter, but not significantly.

I use my Ol Man Grand Vison for......(shhhh)...gun hunting. Its much more comfortable to sit in and the gun rest is very nice as a gun rest or foot rest. If I were to get the MultiVision as a bow stand, I would probably just take the bar out completely for bow hunting.

Just my thoughts.....let me know if something doesn't make sense or if you have other questions!

Thanks!
    Chris
    Born to hunt, FORCED to work!

Thanks for the helpful info. every little bit helps, and thanks for your time.
    THANKS AVERY OUTDOORS
    Hunting Trip $1800,Deer Tag $300,Gas $100 Knowing you shoot an Elite and your limbs won't fail $PRICELESS

Lone wolf is worth every penny in my book.I put a summit seat on mine 3 years ago and love it.I've used summit goliath , api shooting star, amacker " not sure what model", loggy with old seat pad and thick fleece seat, summit bushmaster and the lone wolf is the best out of all of them.
    Matthews switchback xt
    buck nasty strings and cables
    qad ultra rest ld, simms 6"
    hha ol500, dead end string stop
    kwikke Quiver, Gold Tips 5575

I bought a lone wolf sit and climb this year. I used it twice, sold it and bought me another old man vision. If you haven't seen the new ole man's they are a lot lighter that the old ones and have a removable straight bar or foot/gunrest. Love'em
    CBE Sights, Scott Releases, Easton Arrows, Stokerized Stabs, Vortex Optics

Yeah I love the ol' man just heavy. Think I might give the aluminum one a try.
    THANKS AVERY OUTDOORS

Quote Originally Posted by B&C Bones View Post
    I bought a lone wolf sit and climb this year. I used it twice, sold it and bought me another old man vision. If you haven't seen the new ole man's they are a lot lighter that the old ones and have a removable straight bar or foot/gunrest. Love'em
    as in 9 pounds lighter..... tips the scales at 17#.... my steel is 26#.....
    famous Chris Bracket quote.
    "BUT THE MAIN REASON I SHOOT A RAGE IS THAT IF A GIANT WHITETAIL STEPS OUT AND I ONLY HAVE ONE SHOT AND ITS VITALS ARE BEHIND A TREE I CAN PULL MY PIN TO THE CENTER OF ITS GUTS AND PULL THE TRIGGER AND THE BUCK WONT BE FATHER THEN 100 YARDS 6 HOURS LATER!!!! DEAD DEER WALKING!!!!! BOOYAH!!!!!!"

I have hunted out of the Loggy's with the fleesce seat, Ol' Man's, Lone Wolf's and Summits. I would say that the Lone Wolf is the berries for bow hunting. The seat isn't the greatest for comfort, but the silence and weight made all the difference for me. Im thinking about putting a different seat on my sit and climb, but Im very happy with the stand as it came!!!
    '13 Hoyt Spyder 30 28.5" draw 60lbs
    Spot Hogg Hogg-It, Limb Driver, Fuse, Easton , Rage, Lone Wolf