Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parker Bows

Parker Bows

Hey what's the story with parker bows past and present?

I shot the new blackhawk, wow what a great bow, fast quiet and dead in your hands. It's as good as my mathews switchback, it seems to be. Has Parker kinda caught up. The finishing on the bow was excellant.

How about the parker hornet, ultra light bows, any feedback?

thanks
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Parker was the first new bow I ever bought back in I think 1999, It was called the Premeir Grade. It was a great bow itself even for the time. Ive had a few since then including some of the ultralites. They have all been great bows for the buck. But for a while Ill agree they were kind of lacking in Technology. However the new blackhawk xp is a beautiful bow as well as smooth. I just picked up one here in the classifieds worth the money. But Im still trying to replace the Switchback I sold a couple of years ago, so I hope it shoots as good as it did.
    A wise man once said...."Its not important what you shoot, rather Where you shoot it"

Didnt mathews buy parker?

As discussed many times on here, Parker makes a good bow for a good price. The company isnt as big as some and like other smaller companies doesnt spend the $$$ on ads and TV shows. I'm looking at picking up a sidekick for the wife in the few months, its a zippy little bow.
    I luv hunting like fat kids luv cake!

06 Parker Buck Hunter --> 08 Bear DoneDeal --> 2010 Elite GT-500

Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessGood View Post
    As discussed many times on here, Parker makes a good bow for a good price. The company isnt as big as some and like other smaller companies doesnt spend the $$$ on ads and TV shows. I'm looking at picking up a sidekick for the wife in the few months, its a zippy little bow.
    It sure is. I just bought one for my Girlfriend couple of months ago. Its a shooter and pretty fast too.
    A wise man once said...."Its not important what you shoot, rather Where you shoot it"

parker

The BlackHawk is a phenomenal bow. I have recently expanded my range because of it. The major point for me has not been the bow---surprise--but the service. I first bought the buckhunter at 50 lbs. Their service/tech support department is very responsive and I usually can get an answer with in 1-2 days by email. I had an issue with the local GM and upgrading the buckhunter to 70. They were able to recsolve it with 1 contact. I know that some people on here have had some issues with them, but the vast majority have not.
    Regarding the older bows in their line---do not worry their lifetime warranty is on the bow, not the owner, so it is transferable. I have seen where "things happen and they just fix it. I would register it under you though, on their website.
    Roy

lower end companies

Funny thing is...these lower end companies like martin and parker are still great bows. I personally only hunt with martins. They have the best customer service and make great bows. Everyone says that they are behind a year or two in technology but they are so wrong that it is rediculous. For instance...Mathews says that they have all of this innovation but what most people don't know is that they buy out their innovation. They did not have the original solo cam. Bear did. Then mathews bought the rights to the solo cam from bear. Now other bow companies have to pay mathews to use it. Almost all technology is this way on bows. The best bow I have ever shot was the new bows from bowtech. 0 vibration, 0 noise, 0 hand shock. It was rediculous. However, you won't find me buying it. I will kill a deer the same with my martin pantera, and at a qaurter of the price how can you go wrong? I think that a lot of people get caught up in brand bashing and try to act like they know what they are talking about but they don't. You should shoot what is good for you and practical. If you have a 1000 dollars to waste then be my guest and go get a mathews or a bowtech. I will stick with the same technology at a cheaper price....even though its not as "cool" to shoot the cheaper brand. People are suckers for corporate advertising and I find it pathetic. Everything I said goes for parker also. They are not as "storied" as martin but they make a fine bow. They also make some of the worst bows on the market but they are the very low end ones that you should realize when you buy them. for example...buckhunters. 279 fully set up and ready to go and you know the qaulity is not going to be there but the mid to high range bows for parker are just fine.

Walkerswalkin hit the nail on the head. I just sold my Parker Hornet just wanted something different but what a great bow. Bow brand new not even tuned was shooting 284FPS 64lbs and 27" that is pretty good coming from a $400.00 bow. Before I sold the bow I nailed a 6pointer and the complete pass through arrow went further than the deer
    2013 PSE Omen Max Crackerized

Monster Raxx Shooting Staff ** Hips Targets Pro Staff **U-Slide Shooting Staff
    **DLC Camera Pro Staff ** Bow Rattler Shooting Staff

my sidekick is the greatest thing since sliced bread

There are MANY great bows out there. I don't pay attention to the advertisement BS. Go to a shop a shoot a bunch of bows and let your shooting decide which is the best bow. Not a commercial or add.
    Sootballs Time Machine
    Darton Archery
    Lone Wolf
    Havalon Torch
    Kifaru

parker bows

Last year I bought a Buckshot because I have muscle problems and loved it even though it was made for the kiddies. This year I bought another kid's bow called the Sidekick XP. What a great bow for anyone. I can truely say " I am growing up with Parker at the age of 64 ". Love my Parkers. r302
    San Juan Archers Inc.
    Xpert Archery - Larry, Tara, & Jeremy Dugger 505-325-5544
    I love Rangefinder 3Ds

Quote Originally Posted by r302 View Post
    Last year I bought a Buckshot because I have muscle problems and loved it even though it was made for the kiddies. This year I bought another kid's bow called the Sidekick XP. What a great bow for anyone. I can truely say " I am growing up with Parker at the age of 64 ". Love my Parkers. r302
    good for you

good luck
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Quote Originally Posted by walkerswalkin View Post
    People are suckers for corporate advertising and I find it pathetic.
    Heh. No kidding. Pathetic is a strong word though, esp. considering sportsman have been hit with marketing since before time began. There's a saying I'm sure you all know "the fishing lures aren't made to catch fish, they're made to catch fisherman." Same holds true for camo, bows, etc etc. Why else would we have 1300 page Limited Edition Cabelas catalogs!

Hey, we know it, and have fun with it (and spend A LOT of money on it - I'm as guilty as anybody). But, walker is right that people tend to get TOO caught up in it and lose perspective. I've never seen it more than in bowhunting. Each year we are slammed with NEW technology that helps us - but does it REALLY? No. Sure you may shoot a few more FPS, maybe even a considerable amount that will help flatten your shots and make a more accurate shot. This of course is not debatable and is beneficial. But it' still not a revolutionary, and all the other junk that they push for sure isn't.

I shot a Mathews MQ1 as my first bow, it was expensive at the time and IMHO worth it compared to other used bows. It fit me well and had everything I was looking for. Now? There are tons of bows that are very similar to that bow - tons of excellent choices that are not $750+ with the latest "revolutionary technologies". I picked up a Parker Ultra Lite 31 as a backup and to shoot gator from a boat, and as a tree stand bow. In the end I sold the Mathews because the Parker did everything, was as fast, smooth and quiet, was lighter and shorter. I've looked at bows the last few days and while there are some SEXY looking rigs out there, I really have no want or need to change! Seriously, what am I gaining other than losing money, starting a whole new rig from scratch and getting a few more FPS? I'm sure a Pearson TX4 would get me much more FPS and that is certainly tangible . . . but right now I'm plugging 4" groups at 40 yards . . .I don't think I really NEED to gain anything else!!

Think twice before you drop hard earned cash . . . but Pearson, if you want to send me a TX4 for testing, I'll do it and be your next spokesperson!

Unhappy

I've had a Parker Phoenix 36 for 2 years now. It has a 29" draw and 70# limbs. I love my bow. It is super quiet and shock free. I've been bow hunting for a long time, over 20 years now. I have owned many bows over the years. In my bow hunting career I have owned, a Premier bow, my first bow, Darton Viper, Golden Eagle, High Country Sniper, Alpine, Mathews 3D Vapor, Hoyt Viper, Hoyt Defiant and now my Parker Phoenix. Dollar for dollar, I can honestly say that my Parker Phoenix is the best bow for the dollar.

It has come time to sell my Parker Phoenix. I had shoulder surgery and have been bowhunting this year with a tough time drawing the heavier weight. I have thought of keeping it as a backup. However, if anyone is interested in the bow with a Cobra 3 pin sight, no rest, or quiver I will sell. I bought the bow for $549. I believe $350 TYD would be a reasonable offer. If anyone is interested in pics let me know.

If anyone's interested PM me

I've got a Parker hornet that I just picked up a few months ago and so far I really like it. it's super quiet and no vibrations. I think if I were to get something else it would be the blackhawk which is a sweet bow.

Parker Blackhawk 2008 RH, 70lb, 28"

This is one smooth, quiet, fast bow. The only thing I don't like is there is not much valley. If you prefer a small valley then this bow would be great. I have tried to get used to it because I really like shooting it but I just prefer a little more valley. So, If anyone is interested take a look at the used bow section at Southshorearcherysupply.com.

I have been shooting the Blackhawk as part of my review on www.bowcast.com
    You can listen to the review by following the link and pressing play...

http://www.bowcast.com/content/view/366/57/

I also blogged on it... It is okay but I had some problems with the cam biting into the serving. I also had a issue with the string length on the bow being wrong so when I ordered a string it was two long...

Jason
    Visit my website update weekly -- A WHOLE BUNCH OF GOOD STUFF...Visit My NON-COMMERCIAL Website -- The New Mexico Sportsman

[QUOTE=Komodo;7848515] I picked up a Parker Ultra Lite 31 as a backup and to shoot gator from a boat, and as a tree stand bow. In the end I sold the Mathews because the Parker did everything, was as fast, smooth and quiet, was lighter and shorter. I've looked at bows the last few days and while there are some SEXY looking rigs out there, I really have no want or need to change! Seriously, what am I gaining other than losing money, starting a whole new rig from scratch and getting a few more FPS? I'm sure a Pearson TX4 would get me much more FPS and that is certainly tangible . . . but right now I'm plugging 4" groups at 40 yards . . .I don't think I really NEED to gain anything else!!QUOTE]

I have a parker ultra lite 31 also. i have had it bout 3-4 years. A couple of years ago while shooting it, a freak accident happened. the limb bolt stripped out of the riser and the bow exploded while shooting, and this was a week before bow season. Parker fixed the bow with a brand new Extreme ultra lite riser, and had it back to me before bow season started. I feel the same way Komodo does, why start over when my bow is just as good as the new bows. After putting some limbsavers here and here it is as quiet as all the new bows, shoots smooth, and man its accurate. Just last saturday, i shot a small buck at 54 yards, quartering away, and the arrow went all the way through!! If i didnt have my bow in my hands, I wouldnt even feel confident enough to shoot that shot. If you can get a parker, than buddy get one!! not everyone has the money to buy a mathews..lol. I actually was going to sell my Parker Ultra lite 31, had it on here actually, but I think I will probably end up keeping it. If something isnt broke why fix it. GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by dmitchell28; November 12th, 2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: messed up the quote

I have a BlackHawk for sale in the classifieds. http://archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=778455

26"-28" draw length
    70 lbs

New and includes a Hat!
    When all is Said and Done,
    More is Said than Done

Park-N-Sons Precision Bow Strings

If something isnt broke why fix it. GOOD LUCK
    I've been looking at bows lately though. My UL 31 shoots 260fps w/392g arrow, 28"/59#. My limbs are maxed out and I feel I can pull at least another 3-5lbs very comfortably (lost some weight, gained muscle).

If I had a slightly faster cam, slightly lighter arrows (CE Maxima), and slightly higher weight then I should be able to really flatten out my shot. It's not bad, but with some tweaking I think i could really maximize it.

I'm going to try a Z28 and an Athens this week and we'll see if they impress me. If they do, I may end up trying one out for a few months and if it shoots as quiet and smooth as mine now I'll keep it as my main rig. If one of those can impress me enough to do that I'd be a ProStaff for them - when I believe in something I could sell that thing to anyone. Right now, the only piece of archery equipment I own that is so impressive I could sell one to everyone in the world is the NoPeep. Wonder if they take ProStaffers? Maybe my Gateway barred, shield cut feathers too . . .and The Block target . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jamaro View Post
    I have been shooting the Blackhawk as part of my review on www.bowcast.com
    You can listen to the review by following the link and pressing play...

http://www.bowcast.com/content/view/366/57/

I also blogged on it... It is okay but I had some problems with the cam biting into the serving. I also had a issue with the string length on the bow being wrong so when I ordered a string it was two long...

Jason
    I believe if you contact Parker their aware of the serving issue and will replace the cam with an updated one.
    I luv hunting like fat kids luv cake!

06 Parker Buck Hunter --> 08 Bear DoneDeal --> 2010 Elite GT-500

Blackhawk

I just traded for it and had it for 5 days and I am very impressed. The draw is very smooth with very little valley. It helps you to not creep. I have owned and hunted with, Mathews, Bowtech, Diamond, Browning, Pearson, Elite, Martin, and the Parker Blackhawk is the quietest of them all. It holds rock-solid as well. The only other bow that held this well was the Pearson Stealth, which is also a great bow. I'm getting 287fps at 29" and 62lbs with a 400 grain arrow and peep and cat whiskers.

Quote Originally Posted by breaknockspeed View Post
    I just traded for it and had it for 5 days and I am very impressed. The draw is very smooth with very little valley. It helps you to not creep. I have owned and hunted with, Mathews, Bowtech, Diamond, Browning, Pearson, Elite, Martin, and the Parker Blackhawk is the quietest of them all. It holds rock-solid as well. The only other bow that held this well was the Pearson Stealth, which is also a great bow. I'm getting 287fps at 29" and 62lbs with a 400 grain arrow and peep and cat whiskers.
    Im glad you like it. It only shoots as good as its shooter. I had that bow tuned down to the max. It was driving nails for me.

Had a Parker Extreme Hunter Mag and liked it a lot. It replaced a tired Bear Whitetail II. It was fine until I shot the Black Ice. The Parker now hangs on the wall. No market for used Parkers like mine.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast