Thread: Va movement

Va movement

What have you guys been observing up there th last week or so? Any signs of the rut around the corner? I will be back the 2nd -15th of Nov. I have a few places that could be promising, just have to figure out a good way in.

MC-130J Crew Chief

Bowtech Destroyer 350LE

I was up in NOVA on the 11th and i saw a lot of batcher groups but i would have to say around Nov. 2 thru the 15th you will defiantly see rut activity. I'm going back up on Nov. 15 for the weekend and i will be their around Thanksgiving. I seem to have the best luck around Thanksgiving. Good luck in VA.
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    Bowtech General apg
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” Thomas Jefferson

movement

Here in Bedford Co. some people have reported seeing a few small bucks starting to nose around. I had (2) 2 1/2 yr. old 8 pointers come in together this afternoon that really weren't acting rutty at all. I let them walk for another year or so.

Glen

i had 2 bucks tickle their antlers about 2 weeks ago when I was up. I was hunting in Craig County. Most of my hunting is done in Franklin and Craig Counties. Bedford County has some great hunting good luck to you.
    MC-130J Crew Chief

Bowtech Destroyer 350LE

We had 2 bucks come in together after my wife shot a doe this evening... So thats not a good sign (a 6 and a descent 8)

All the bucks I've got on camera this week and could see their tarsal glands, they weren't very dark and big ....

I'm looking forward to the end of this coming week, thats usually when the action gets exciting

Not seeing much rutting behavior yet in Henry Co. Nothing moving much tonight. Wind almost blew us out of the trees. Shuda stayd in tonight. They gotta start sniffin' around in in the next week to 10 days though. I look for the end of the first week and 2nd full week of Nov to be hot. Hopefully the weather will co-operate.

Dawg
    PSE FIELD STAFF / TRUBALL STAFF
    Me: 2013 Vendetta DC, Breathn-Built SH Patriot Supra DC, Breathn-Built Red Supra DC
    Wife: 2014 Mathews Chill SDX, 2013 New Breed Lycan, 2012 Mathews Jewel, 2011 Passion
    Son (19): 2014 Mathews Chill in Lost Camo, 2014 Mathews Chill R in Desert Tactical

Starting the chase fase from what I have been seeing
    Twinoaks Archery Range VA
    2013 Elite Hunter
    2009 Elite GT 500
    Brewer of great Ale

VA Movement

I hunt in Fauquier County. It is a little North of where most of you are hunting. Not bragging but I have taken 7 Pope and Youngs. 6 in VA since 1995. 1 was taken on the 2nd day of the season the rest were taken between Nov 8th and 20th. 2 on the 8th 1 on the 10th 1 on the 11th and 1 on the 15th and 1 on the 20. I was out Friday afternoon and saw a couple of mature bucks moving with does just before dark. All of my trail cams are still showing movement at night. If this year is like most I would focus my efforts between Nov 5th and the 20th. As you all know weather does impact daytime movement. This is the time of year when we all have to be patient and not burn out our best stands.

Good luck.

Seen a spike but that was it....he did come into my buddy when he bleated with his nose down.

That's why I didn't go in today...too windy and too warm..plus all the rain showers. I am hoping this week's cooler temps helps things.

Had a 100 inch 9 pointer in to about 20 yards this morning when I grunted at him! Good potential for next year!!

I don't know if this classifies as movement or not BUT this is a true story: On Oct 22, last Wed. am about 4:45 I was driving to my hunting property on a two lane well traveled road. I see 2 deer standing in the road. I slow down to 5 to 10 mph to just get a good look at these deer. The doe was standing in my lane and the buck(nice 8 pointer) was standing in the opposing lane just enough distance apart to get my 03' Dodge 3500 through. I get close to them and they don't move as I try to maneuver between them. I get between them and as I'm passing them by, I hear and feel something crash into the left side of my truck. I get to my buddies house whom I was picking up to go with me. I get out and look my truck over down the drivers side and find 2 big scratches down about knee high on my dually fender. No blood on the truck any where. So I drive back to where the incident happened and no deer or blood there. Hmmm! That buck rammed my truck, scraped it up and ran off!!! How weird!! That's some buck movement for ya!
    10' PSE X Force Axe 6, 76 lb. 27 DL, HHA OL-5000, Q.A.D. Ultra HD, Scott release, Easton Axis Infused 340's w/ blazers, RamKats, .

Bucks are starting to troll in the mornings. I hunted friday morning and passed on a decent 8ptr that was cruising along at a good pace. At 9am I almost got a shot at another buck that was trolling. He was a solid 3.5yo 8ptr but he was just out of range and didnt respond to soft grunts. He saw the 2 does that were near my stand and bumped them around to check them out and then went on his way. Both bucks were covering ground looking for does...they werent browsing for acorns.

I have a friend who saw a couple clicking horns the other day, not really fighting but just sizing each other up. So I did some light rattling Friday to no response. I did see a couple of bucks still together so might be a couple more weeks