Thread: How to adjust draw length on Martin Cheetah?

How to adjust draw length on Martin Cheetah?

I recently recieved a Martin Cheetah and the draw is about an inch to short. There are two screws on the cam to take the module off. In the manual it states that just not the draw the bow back while you are changing the draw weight. I assume that means you can change the draw length without a press. Anyways I took off the one screw and got to the other one and realized that half the screw is covered by the limb and i dont want to take it out and break the limb. Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks

"MR. DOE CONTROL"
    -PSE BOWMADNESS-
    -ROSS CARDIAC-
    -B2 BOWSTRINGS-

ya thats a tough one

That's a problem I encounter on the Slayer extreme...it has to do with the limb angle and the position of the cam relative to the limb. It can be done without a press...but its tricky and I really don't want to give anyone bad information...so I'll abstain from giving advice this time around. Best thing to do would be to just take it to a pro shop and have them press it. Do you need another module? I have a bunch here that I would be more than happy to give you for the cost of shipping.
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

Ok you back off both limb bolts 8 or 9 full turns then you squeeze the cable to the limb and you should get enough rotation to remove the screw.
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Victory Pro Staff shooter
    Posten so the spot doesnt move.
    Level 3 community coach

best thing is to just put in a press and unscrew the mods and put a new one in. but they do have a video on youtube about a martin shooter taking off limbs and swaping them out with another without a press but then you have to find your draw weight.

Quote Originally Posted by kgoold View Post
    best thing is to just put in a press and unscrew the mods and put a new one in. but they do have a video on youtube about a martin shooter taking off limbs and swaping them out with another without a press but then you have to find your draw weight.
    You should allways back off the limb bolts when you press a bow any bow. You dont need a press to disassemble ant Martin bow. So why would it be best to put it in a press?
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Level 3 community coach

Is there any special technique though. I wouldnt say im inexperianced but, i dont have enough knowledge to put my bow back together if i accidently take the limbs off.It says only back them out five and i dont have a bow press. The closest pro shop is like 50 miles and i am not going to drive that far when i could do something either
    "MR. DOE CONTROL"
    -PSE BOWMADNESS-
    -ROSS CARDIAC-
    -B2 BOWSTRINGS-

PM sent
    Level 3 community coach

did you get it changed?
    Level 3 community coach