Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Hunting Release

Best Hunting Release

Wanted to get opinions on the best hunting release. Does it matter is you use a string loop or not? I currently use a Tru Fire Bearpaw. I don't have any issues with the release other than the part that goes acroos your palm, makes it difficult to do anything with the release on.

I like my Scott. I also like a string loop.

i hated my strap release because i couldnt put my hands in my pocket and if i did get them in the release would catch. so i bought a scott dual caliper grip release. it is very comfortable and easy to use. i love it and it tightend my groups up more. and it only $50. its the same one ted nugent uses.

truball makes really good none strap releases but are all over $100 but the diamond seris is the best for hunting in there line and i plan on buying one in a yr or to just to try out.

so hope this helps u out.

and yes you want a string loop.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

Thumbs up Try the Jim Fletcher .44 caliper by Primos

The head of it is "free falling" and completely out of the way of your palm. Best release I have ever used. I would get the Buckle one though not Velcro...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...069&hasJS=true
    2011 PSE Bowmadness MP
    Goldtip Arrows
    Black Gold Rush
    Muzzy Broadheads!

Fletcher Hunter......Guaranteed on defects for life from supplier.....D-Loop absolutely....
    Hoyt Katera XL Z3 08 66# 29.5" DL
    FlashPoint 4-Pin Micro
    Whisker Biscuit
    Fletcher Hunter Deluxe
    CE Maxima Hunter 350
    G5 Montec Limbsaver 4" TruTalker Grunt Call

tru-fire judge

I like that the head can rotate independently of everything else.

truball short-n-sweet....smooth, small, out of the way, very comfortable. wouldnt shot any other hunting release

yes def a string d loop

and i love my true ball extream release u can just keep it clip it to your d loop and let it hang and u can keep your hands warm to

Quote Originally Posted by jessetjames View Post
    yes def a string d loop

and i love my true ball extream release u can just keep it clip it to your d loop and let it hang and u can keep your hands warm to
    Yep I hang a Tru Ball Pro Diamond on my Vulcan. It stays and is silent
    Vectrix XL Inferno, Vulcan -Limb Driver Pro,Viper Scopes, HHA, Vital Gear Quadangle, Winners' Choice Bowstrings - Carter Solution 2.5 Indoor Tru Ball Pro Diamond for Hunting Easton FMJ's Rage 2 Blade
    Hoyt Vulcan 30" 60lb.440gr. Easton 400 Full Metal Jacket---270 fps
    Hold Until it Hurts >>>---------> Release

thanks for the info guys

bump, for any more suggestions ?????

I like my Spot Hogg Cascade 10. It sure made me a better shooter.

http://www.spot-hogg.com/product_cascade_release.shtml

I use the scott little goose. It can be adjusted in many of ways. Nice release I feel.
    Diamond Black Ice

Smile Releases

With a Loop, I would say Scott Rhino or Scott silver horn. Easy to catch the loop in the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by stvebnny4 View Post
    truball short-n-sweet....smooth, small, out of the way, very comfortable. wouldnt shot any other hunting release
    This is the release I use. I haven't used a lot of different releases but am very happy with the short-n-sweet.

This is the one I have. I like it. You can adjust the spring tension easily and you can make it very short. My old release was too long and it cost me a 1/2 inch of draw length or so. With this one I can shoot a little longer draw. it just flops out of the way if you aren't shooting. I have no problems keeping my hands warm with it.

http://www.scottarchery.com/products/wildcat-ncs.tpl

With that question you are going to get alot of opinions but use what you like best. Go to your local archery shot and shoot them and see which one works the best for you. Use the D-loop and I use a scott sabertooth works like a charm!
    '08 Hoyt Katera XL 60#/27"

Sniper is hard to beat for me, I've tried them all!!

I've been using the Fletcher FletchHunter for many years and really like it. But last year I switched to the FletchHook, and it's absolutely fabulous for hunting. Instead of having a mechanism that grabs the loop, it's a hook that goes through the loop. In a hunting situation where you're trying to minimize movement and keep your eye on the deer, it's great. I've noticed that several other manufacturers are making this "hook" type release now also. Give them a look. If you're primarily a hunter, I think they have lots of advantages.

A word about velcro. A lot of people don't like velcro on clothing, etc. for hunting because of the noise factor, and rightly so. But for a release, the advantage is that you can get perfect adjustment no matter what glove you're wearing. I have light mesh golves I wear in warm weather, and thick wool gloves for cold weather. The velcro type wrist strap can adjust so the release fits the same every time no matter how thick the glove. Since I'm not taking the release off till the end of the hunt, the noise is not a factor.

One other tip. Once I have the distance between the wrist strap and the release mechanism adjusted properly. I have my wife run a few stitches with her sewing machine across the straps. This keep the release distance from getting out of adjustment. If you're interested, I post a picture of this.

I have a Scott Lil Bitty Goose NCS that i love...been using them for years and love them best release out there in my opinion
    Hoyt Carbon spyder turbo
    Trophy taker Smackdown pro
    Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg
    B-stinger stabs

I have a truball stinger. I like it because it is a smooth release, the head swivels, and if you wanna put your hand in your pocket, you can fold it back into your sleeve. For $30, its a winner for me.

i like my scott little bity goose deluxe tru ball ss and my jim fletcher flat head for hunting

SCOTT
    I prefer the itty bitty goose
    sent from rotary dial phone

thanks for all of your suggestions.

for a release I would recomend using a truball of some sort. personally, I love the chappy boss from truball. even more so if you are going to be hunting out of a tree stand. For hunting perposes I love the easton Axis arrows. I love my fat boys for 3D but not so much for hunting. The best hunting sights I have ever found is the Axcel hunting sights. I LOVE THEM!!!! They are every bit as good as the 3D sights they make. Truball seems to do alot right for me!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast