Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rompola buck?

rompola buck?

what ever happened with it? was it determined to be a fake or what?

'11 Elite pulse ninja 28" 70#, spot-hogg hogg-it, Ripcord code red,stokerized
    '10 Elite Z28 ninja 70# 28 CBE sniper pro XL, G5 expert pro, stokerized
    1973 Bear Kodiak Mag 28" 45# recurve ( my grandfathers old bow)
    Samik Sage 28" 50#

I forgot about that, I haven't heard a word about it for a few years....????????? I guess it was a fake???????

A true class act

No way guys, Mitch Rompola is a class act. I talked to a guy that knew a guy that met him once. That buck is real for sure. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.

My understanding is that there is no proof either way.... He did not let the rack get x-rayed etc.....

Being from Michigan I will tell you that there is no freaking way that there was a deer like that in the Traverse city area..... There are NEVER any monsters in that area....

Two days ago was the 10th anniversary of the Rompola Buck. I remember I couldn't seem to break away from the computer back then. Time flies.

Rompola Buck..... What is it??
    2011 PSE Bowmadness
    Goldtip Arrows
    Black Gold
    Muzzy heads

Quote Originally Posted by jds-1 View Post
    Rompola Buck..... What is it??

http://www.inmetrodetroit.com/outdoo...ng/Rompola.htm

It would be very hard for me to believe a buck like that could come from Traverse City area. The whole thing seemed kind of fishy.
    2010 Elite GT500
    Wac'em Broadheads www.wacemarchery.com/

Enjoy. This is an article written for one side of the argument.

http://whitetail.com/rompolagate.html

Personally I don't think the buck is real. Even if he had nothing to prove, the buck was legitiment, it all happened the way he said it did, then why would he not have had it xrayed and examined to be official?

That buck would be worth a lot of money. That alone should entice someone to justify it.

Besides that it just looks fake. I've never seen a deer that grew horns straight out like that. IF it is real, then holy cow.
    "Amateurs practice until they get it right.....Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

These types of issues are always fun.

Lacking any real proof or evidence (either way) has never seemed to stop people from speaking in definite terms.

The truth is unless you were there, you donít know. Why do people have a problem with admitting they donít know when they donít know?

I admit, itís so big it looks fake, but based on MY personal record, lots of deer photos posted here look fake too!

TTS

I talked to a guy that knew a guy that met him once.
    AHHH... Proof !

Now see that's funny right there.

FAKE??

Was there really even a question of it being legit?

Bondo offered to use the rack in their ads I heard....

Online Poll

Is it Real or is it Memorex?
    Do you think Rompola manufactured a fake set of antlers or do you believe he shot a deer that was pen raised by his family? [3333 votes total]

Fake Antlers -------------------------------- (1191) ------ 36%
    Pen Raised by his Family ---------------------- (586) ------- 18%
    The Deer was legitimately & legally killed ----- (1556)------- 47%
    ... and just so you know... Mega-Lefty here! ---->>>>
    The safest person in a gun free zone is the one with a gun.

I'm not going to argue real or fake again, but here are some points most people don't know:

1. Rompola has held the record for #1 bow kill (typical) in the State of Michigan for over twenty years.

2. He has over twenty P&Y bucks.

3. He has killed several huge bucks sense 1998.

Are all those bucks fake too? He is either the greatest antler fabricator in history, a poacher, a person willing to pass pen raised deer off as wild kills, or a great, but odd bow hunter. Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckgrunter View Post
    I'm not going to argue real or fake again, but here are some points most people don't know:

1. Rompola has held the record for #1 bow kill (typical) in the State of Michigan for over twenty years.

Are all those bucks fake too? He is either the greatest antler fabricator in history, a poacher, a person willing to pass pen raised deer off as wild kills, or a great, but odd bow hunter. Take your pick.
    I'm thinking he got away with so much for so long that he pushed the envlope, and backed off before he got nailed for it.
    ... and just so you know... Mega-Lefty here! ---->>>>
    The safest person in a gun free zone is the one with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by xswanted View Post
    Enjoy. This is an article written for one side of the argument.

Personally I don't think the buck is real. Even if he had nothing to prove, the buck was legitiment, it all happened the way he said it did, then why would he not have had it xrayed and examined to be official?

That buck would be worth a lot of money. That alone should entice someone to justify it.

Besides that it just looks fake. I've never seen a deer that grew horns straight out like that. IF it is real, then holy cow.

that article makes some good points. seems to me if it was real, he'd x-ray it and cash in on teh 20, 000 dollars

well I knew a guy, that knows somebody, in that town, that overheard another say that, it was in fact, a fake deer that cleared it up for me
    WHITETAILS, WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
    CLOSE SHOT ARTIST

PSE AXE7--PSE DNA

D. All of the above
    www.franksgreatoutdoors.com
    (989) 697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Straightup View Post
    That is the question.

There is no proof the deer is a fake. In fact Mr. Rompola shot huge buck and was given a deal to never present, show, or offer the buck as a "world record."

The story is an old one with lots to debate.
    THe deal was not a "never deal" it was a deal to not claim it as a world record as long as Milo's buck was the world record. If someone took over the new world record but was not as big as the rompola buck mitch could again claim it as the world record. If it's real that is. My personal feeling is he has way to much to gain by legitamizing it (if it's real) then not to but that is just my opinion.

This is one of the main reasons I don't believe it's real. He was willing to enter the one buck as the state record, and have others officially scored, but not the one that he shot that he claimed was a world record!

Mitch also has a pretty crazy resume as well. I know he started his bowhunting carrer in Missouri where he may still hold the state record or at least he did hold it for a number of years from a buck he shot when he was 14. I think his first animal was shot at the age of 9 with a field point

Quote Originally Posted by brandonh324 View Post
    Mitch also has a pretty crazy resume as well. I know he started his bowhunting carrer in Missouri where he may still hold the state record or at least he did hold it for a number of years from a buck he shot when he was 14. I think his first animal was shot at the age of 9 with a field point
    I heard when he walks to his blind it's uphill both ways... in the snow... barefoot, too....

Just kidding. From what I understand he is a helluva hunter, but a bit of a hermit and didn't like all of the attention. Kinda reminds me of a rockstar who makes it big and then commits suicide because they can't handle the pressure.

I have a strange feeling that it IS legit...
    www.franksgreatoutdoors.com
    (989) 697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Hanson pay him off?

Big payday now and again later if he ever gets to promote it as an actual world record if the Hanson buck is ever surpassed?

Hmmm...

I was in michigan at the time so maybe i remember a little bit more about this then some other folks. But he was very excited to ride this thing for all the money he could get so it was very odd when he clamed up when people started poking some holes in the photos and wanted more proff. So yeah he is hermit like but he is also human and was pretty excited about the possibilities for this buck $$$

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast