Thread: Surprise Surprise, Obama Supporters!

Surprise Surprise, Obama Supporters!

Hope you like working around your neighborhood, & I don't mean sellin' crack!

From Obama / Biden's transition to power website:
    The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

Where does the compulsory service stop? His chief of staff's book highlights "compulsory service" aka everyone ages 18-25 to join the military.

Now, let me be clear. I think it would be the best thing ever if every single American citizen had to serve in the Armed Forces branch of their choice...

I would fully support such a thing.

The question is, would all of Obama's supporters?

Can you say COMMUNISM?

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

This is fresh from their transitional website too, so it's not "panic", it is reality folks.

Time to stock up!

Quote Originally Posted by hoytmonger View Post
    Can you say COMMUNISM?
    you could if you knew what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth the XSlayr View Post
    This is fresh from their transitional website too, so it's not "panic", it is reality folks.

Time to stock up!
    just thought I'd highlight another part

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by booTytRappEr View Post

There are already laws to restrict access for crimminals and children.

The "common sense" laws that Obama and Biden have voted for in the past have been to regulate and restrict access for law abiding citizens.

The enhanced Clinton gun ban will be back before Congress and it will be just as useless in preventing crime as it was before. It only served to make crimminals out of the rest of us.

Quote:

just hought i would hi-light something also...
    just how do you make guns in this country "childproof"? only way i can figure to make them "childproof" is to come in to search your house to make sure they all have locks? or to make gun ownership illegal? how else can they "make the childproof"?

Quote Originally Posted by trimantrekokc View Post
    Quote:

just hought i would hi-light something also...
    just how do you make guns in this country "childproof"? only way i can figure to make them "childproof" is to come in to search your house to make sure they all have locks? or to make gun ownership illegal? how else can they "make the childproof"?
    i don't know...i'm not a mechanical engineer, but apparently neither you or I are going to be on that advisory board.

i don't know...i'm not a mechanical engineer, but apparently neither you or I are going to be on that advisory board.
    then you are thinking it would only apply to "new gun sales"? in all honesty, how many crimes are committed with a "legally" bought firearm? so how would they child proof existing guns? would they foot the bill to retro fit the weapons already out there? bottom line, there is no way to "child proof" guns without taking them away!
    bad thing is the liberal left who want to ban guns and even hunting have no idea or care about what it would do to the economy? all they want is their agenda without any regard to the employees involved!
    i know for a fact the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife is the only self-sustained state agency in oklahoma due to the taxes on hunting items along with the sales of hunting licenses and tags....

Quote Originally Posted by trimantrekokc View Post
    then you are thinking it would only apply to "new gun sales"? in all honesty, how many crimes are committed with a "legally" bought firearm? so how would they child proof existing guns? would they foot the bill to retro fit the weapons already out there? bottom line, there is no way to "child proof" guns without taking them away!
    bad thing is the liberal left who want to ban guns and even hunting have no idea or care about what it would do to the economy? all they want is their agenda without any regard to the employees involved!
    i know for a fact the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife is the only self-sustained state agency in oklahoma due to the taxes on hunting items along with the sales of hunting licenses and tags....
    Take one look at the redistribution of funds in Ill. that come from hunting licenses alone. Nearly half that money is spent on idems unrelated to the items that made them possible. Any business owner knows if this area makes your company money then you should spend more money to improve that area. Not subsidize another area. That's bad mangement. Expect more in the future that way you won't be shocked when the uninteded results start popping up!
    B2E Hunt Club, NJ......Eden Ridge, KY
    '05 Switchback 68# -260 F.P.S.-Scott Wildcat-Beaman ICS 340- QAD- Spott Hogg SLICK TRICKS 125gr...
    '09 Admiral 70#- Hunter Hogg-it .... QAD - ST magnums 100gr- Easton axis- Posten 8"

Yeah, that part gets dropped after all of us dumb hillbillies bite off on the first part No thanks, the common sense part of that statement leaves a lot of wiggle room. Who's common sense are we going to apply, an Urban liberal or a rural conservative?
    MAGNUM Athletic Supporters—Pro Staff

Wasn't Biden on the original AW Ban way back in 1994?

archery ham I have not researched it but it is my assumption that he was touting authoring it during his campaign. How much input he had I have not looked into. I have seen video though where his opinion on the subject is pretty clear.

The permanent part is what I really hate to have to highlight.

Any how, in another thread I said I thought it would be a good idea to force those receiving an "economic stimulus package" check into some type of activity in the community or state.

On the topic:

How would you feel if you were 18-25 & were forced to join a corp or service detachment?

archery ham I have not researched it but it is my assumption that he was touting authoring it during his campaign. How much input he had I have not looked into. I have seen video though where his opinion on the subject is pretty clear.

The permanent part is what I really hate to have to highlight.

Any how, in another thread I said I thought it would be a good idea to force those receiving an "economic stimulus package" check into some type of activity in the community or state.

On the topic:

How would you feel if you were 18-25 & were forced to join a corp or service detachment?
    I think there will be a lot more 18-25 year olds voting Red in 2012. I don't care how much they pay for this conscription, the current generations, me included, are not too keen on being told what to do and when to do it. Now I am well past the proposed age but starting with my generation, the "X'ers, this kind of stuff just doesn't sell. I couldn't wipe my own arse before I was 25 but I damn sure was not going to stand for someone telling me how to do it

Now here is an idea for President Obama....how about we start handing out the list of civil responsibilities with welfare checks and Govt. assistance?
    MAGNUM Athletic Supporters—Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by TXJIMWA View Post
    I think there will be a lot more 18-25 year olds voting Red in 2012. I don't care how much they pay for this conscription, the current generations, me included, are not too keen on being told what to do and when to do it. Now I am well past the proposed age but starting with my generation, the "X'ers, this kind of stuff just doesn't sell. I couldn't wipe my own arse before I was 25 but I damn sure was not going to stand for someone telling me how to do it

Now here is an idea for President Obama....how about we start handing out the list of civil responsibilities with welfare checks and Govt. assistance?
    no way they would impose that on the base that got him elected.....it's against their civil rights to actually have to "work" for their money...

Hope you like working around your neighborhood, & I don't mean sellin' crack!

From Obama / Biden's transition to power website:

Where does the compulsory service stop? His chief of staff's book highlights "compulsory service" aka everyone ages 18-25 to join the military.

Now, let me be clear. I think it would be the best thing ever if every single American citizen had to serve in the Armed Forces branch of their choice...

I would fully support such a thing.

The question is, would all of Obama's supporters?
    I think, Seth, the first thing you might want to do is find out what "compulsory service" means--the making kids do 50 hours (yes, just over a full workweek) involved in something is compulsory service in and of itself, and I have seen nothing to indicate he was speaking of a draft. Germany and most of Europe has "compulsory service; you can join the army, or you can become an EMT or a host of other things.

Sometimes a word means more than one single thing.

Markalmod, Compulsory means mandatory. As in... you don't have a choice.

I know what it means.

Here is President-elect Obama's chief of staff on the topic of "compulsory service":

It’s time for a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us. We propose universal civilian service for every young American. Under this plan, All Americans between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five will be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic training, civil defense preparation and community service.

Here’s how it would work. Young people will know that between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five, the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service. They’ll be asked to report for three months of basic civil defense training in their state or community, where they will learn what to do in the event of biochemical, nuclear or conventional attack; how to assist others in an evacuation; how to respond when a levee breaks or we’re hit by a natural disaster. These young people will be available to address their communities’ most pressing needs.

Allow me to reiterate, I personally believe in requiring all citizens to participate in order to receive all the freebies.

Hell, I think you should have to participate just to call yourself an American.

We shall keep an eye on this, mmmk?

Markalmod, Compulsory means mandatory. As in... you don't have a choice.

I know what it means.

Here is President-elect Obama's chief of staff on the topic of "compulsory service":

Allow me to reiterate, I personally believe in requiring all citizens to participate in order to receive all the freebies.

Hell, I think you should have to participate just to call yourself an American.

We shall keep an eye on this, mmmk?

by that very quote they're hardly calling for military training:

the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service. They’ll be asked to report for three months of basic civil defense training in their state or community, where they will learn what to do in the event of biochemical, nuclear or conventional attack; how to assist others in an evacuation; how to respond when a levee breaks or we’re hit by a natural disaster. These young people will be available to address their communities’ most pressing needs.

as for the rest, in grad school my PI was a German guy. He talked about their civil service (which this sounds similar to) and yes, I actually liked it then, also.

As for the other part of your comment above in bold, I agree. I'm liberal enough to support job-training and welfare, but I've also watched enough trust-funders blow their college shot and party their way to expulsion because they didn't have to work for it that I could get behind making welfare a bit more "new-deal"-ish; we've got plenty of parks and things that could use some serious upkeep in return for a govt. check.

I just wonder how much it will cost us tax payers to have a bureaucracy that oversees and tries to enforce this.

They can't keep the newer generations off drugs, how they going to make them do community service? The only time that happens is when they put them in jail.

Pay close attention to the wording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8f9Zqap6U

I'll save you some time with some cliff notes...

Towards the end of the video he says :

...making healthcare accessible to
    anyone that wants it

I thought he wanted to eliminate incentives for illegal immigration?

He goes on to state that the the solution to the current economic crisis will "require not just new policy, but a new spirit of service and sacrifice...where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder, and look after not only ourselves, but each other."

Take it as you like, I am simply putting it out there. Frankly I still think that his approach is meaningful & sincere...however, I will continue to keep a close eye on exactly what his definition is of mandatory service, sacrifice & hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by archery ham View Post
    Wasn't Biden on the original AW Ban way back in 1994?
    It's my understanding he wrote it.

http://video.yahoo.com/network/10028...4846&l=4418225

What is the black messiah going to do now? His zombies are walking around with their heads up their 6 o'clocks now...

Dwayne
    Barebow attitude: I sure hope I hit that bullseye!
    Compound attitude:I sure hope I dont miss that bullseye!
    Archers Attitude:I sure hope I can help this guy hit the bullseye.
    If shooting a Doe is pointless, Is the shooting of a Buck a way of racking up points?