a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Rifled slug barrel?

Rifled slug barrel?

Who makes a rifled slug barrel for a beretta 302 ...(takes the same barrel as the 303a also). I'm looking for a cantalevered scope mount barrel, fully rifled.

Any ideas?

Man Hastings seems to make everything I would check with them.
    STRICTLY BUSINESS ARCHERY
    "GET SERIOUS OR GO HOME"

http://www.hastingsbarrels.com/12guide.html

Beretta® A-302™/A-303™ & Browning® B-80™, 3" Chamber. Barrels fit any 12-ga. receiver. Guaranteed to function with all 3" magnum loads. May not eject 2 3/4" loads.

Beretta® A-390™ Barrels have 3" chamber. Fit any A-390™ 12-ga. Guaranteed to function with all 3" magnum loads. May not eject 2 3/4" loads.

bottom of the page that I linked for you
    STRICTLY BUSINESS ARCHERY
    "GET SERIOUS OR GO HOME"

I think Hastings goes thru dealers only

I am in Michigan - closest dealer is Williams Gunsight - which is great with me. I too have a Beretta...the A303 and I too am looking to put rifled slug barrel on it....I think I am going with the open sighted though - no need for scope currently where I hunt.

For less than what you will pay for a barrel you can buy an H+R Ultra Slug Gun. It is widely known to be one of the most accurate slug guns on the market (it is a single shot).

Quote Originally Posted by lzema View Post
    For less than what you will pay for a barrel you can buy an H+R Ultra Slug Gun. It is widely known to be one of the most accurate slug guns on the market (it is a single shot).
    i would have to agree with you there. when marling bought h and r they had switched over to ballard style rifling. out of my h and r backup muzzleloader i can get 1 inch groups with barnes 250's and if you look around thats about the same that people get from tc muzzleloaders

Quote Originally Posted by fourth wise man View Post
    i would have to agree with you there. when marling bought h and r they had switched over to ballard style rifling. out of my h and r backup muzzleloader i can get 1 inch groups with barnes 250's and if you look around thats about the same that people get from tc muzzleloaders
    Now Remington owns both.

I never understood the single shot slug gun (or bolt action repeater) mentality, not when a pump gun can be built for great shooting.

My cuz takes my old one up into rifle zone, it shoots so good (and shots are usually under 150 yards).

(the gun, one of two 870 Expresses that were tuned).