• No

117 50.65%
  • Never, they are way to expensive

4 1.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lifetime Hunting License

Lifetime Hunting License

How many of you out there have a lifetime hunting license. My Grandfather bought me a lifetime hunting/fishing license in the state of Oklahoma in 1997. It says on the back of the card it was 525$ Thats not bad considering what they are now.

I remember my Grandfather asked me what number my license was and then he told me he had the 3rd lifetime hunting license sold in the state of oklahoma and I thought that was pretty cool.

I wish I did but I will just keep forking out the bucks for the sportsmans license here..Even though I most of the time don't even kill anything but time!!
    Welcome to Tennessee....Patron state of shooting stuff

No. Ky does not offer a lifetime license. I wish they did. I spend close to $100a year on them.

bought mine in '94 and it has paid for itself at least once.

will be getting my fiance hers since she's already taken 2 deer so far and 1 turkey

Quote Originally Posted by eastkybowhunter View Post
    No. Ky does not offer a lifetime license. I wish they did. I spend close to $100a year on them.
    Wisconsin either, unless I'm missing something. I would though and I'd buy one for my kids.

I bought one for NY back about 10 years ago before I moved out of state. It has saved me A LOt of money, because it would have cost me a couple hundred each year I go back to hunt.
    Bear Agenda 6
    PSE DNA

My Dad, being the great Dad he is, bought a MS lifetime license for me when I moved out of state to Iowa for a few years. Price was $500.00 at the time.

I'm getting ready to by one for my oldest son before he turns 12. I think they are $200.00 if you buy before the 2nd birthday and $300.00 between ages of 3 - 11 and $500.00 after that. Prices may have gone up because I haven't checked them recently.

I'm saving up for mine, hopefully get it after the first of the year. I figure it'll pay for itself in 5 or 6 years, especially if they raise any prices between now and then.
    I luv hunting like fat kids luv cake!

06 Parker Buck Hunter --> 08 Bear DoneDeal --> 2010 Elite GT-500

Ok then, what is the cost of the lifetime license in different states? Ours here in Tennessee is based on age

Under 3-----$200.00
    3-6 yrs------$540.00
    7-12 yrs-----$810.00
    13-50 yrs----$1620.00
    51-64 yrs----$945.00
    65 and over--$270.00
    Welcome to Tennessee....Patron state of shooting stuff

I still kick myself for not buying one in MN before I moved. I probably could've got one for around $600, now I pay $280 EVERY year to go back and hunt deer on land that I own and pay taxes on!!!
    Oh well.......

Lien2

Indiana no longer offers them!

I bought one here in Indiana when they were only $525. I heard that the price was giong up so I hurried up and bought one. They ended up raising the price twice on them and then decided to quit selling them. If you bought it before they quit selling them they still honor them. I'm glad that I got mine when I did. I bought it when I was in my early 20's and I'm only 31 now so that means many more years of hunting!!!

i would buy them if the offered them in maryland, but this is the first time i have ever heard of one. i wish they would do that here. it would save me alot of time and money
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, body thoroughly used up and worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
    My Setup: Hoyt Rampage XT,Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg It,QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD,Tight Spot Quiver,14oz B-Stinger Stabilizer,Easton FMJs 300's,Blazer Vanes,100 Grain Slick Trick Magnum

NC Sportsman License which includes hunting and fishing inland waters:

Under age 1: $200
    1-11 : $350
    12 and older: $500

Unified License which includes Sportsman plus Coastal and joint water fishing:

Under 1: $275
    1-11 : $450
    12 and older: $675
    **This post was in no way, shape, or form intended to be the Gospel. Your experience may have been and may continue to be different. That is OK. We can still get along.**
    NCFAA Secretary/Treasurer
    www.ncfaa-archery.org Team Bob's Sporting Goods Biscoe, NC 910-428-2006 Team Jubilee N.O.A.H. Pro Staff HDI Staff shooter

Don't have them yet. Plan to soon.
    Setup & tuned by GT Performance Archery:
    Xpedition Xcentric - Molten Black
    Archers Choice TruGlo Range Rover Micro sight
    QAD HDX rest, Apex Carbon Core Stabilizer,& G5 Head-Loc Quiver

No longer offered here in Utah. Years back when I was in High school (80's) they had them but 500 bucks for a poor high school kids just wasn't something I could see being of value when you could buy OTC for 15 bucks. How little did I know...
    2010 Alpha Burner 374 grn, 27.5" 60# = 293 fps
    2010 Hoyt Vantage Elite 60X NFAA, 300 27X Vegas
    "One of the most amazing abilities of humankind is their ability to override instinctive behavior with learned behavior. Otherwise, there would be a lot of dead bodies at my workplace."

I voted yes because I'm doing it this year... I had a game warden check me this spring and told me that I could pay for it in installments... and as long as I had it, I could hunt in Kansas even if I move....

Unhappy Lifetime license in IN...

The funny thing is I bought a lifetime license to keep my costs down but now I am a lot more picky so I dont kill near as many deer as I can legally. Dont figure

Quote Originally Posted by Lien2 View Post
    I still kick myself for not buying one in MN before I moved. I probably could've got one for around $600, now I pay $280 EVERY year to go back and hunt deer on land that I own and pay taxes on!!!
    Oh well.......

Lien2
    They have lifetime licenses here in MN?
    If you don't shoot the big ones they die of old age.
    If you don't shoot the small ones they live to become big ones.

i dont but my little cousin does and i think my uncle and grandpa have them. i just cant sped the $600 to buy it. if i were rich than i would have it.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

I bought my Kansas Lifetime license when I found out I was moving to California for a job opportunity. I forget what it cost then, but it was around $300-350. When I went back to Kansas to bowhunt this year, I was able to buy in-state tags which set me back about $52 with fees. If I hadnt bought the lifetime, between my out-of-state license and tags, it would have run me over $450...so in one trip back to Kansas I have already saved quite a bit of money. In a state that offers a lifetime, especially if you're young, it doesn't make any sense NOT to buy one.

They make GREAT Christmas presents for young hunters too. They will save a LARGE sum of money over the course of a lifetime in the cost of annual hunting licenses, even if they never leave the state.

Lifetime license will pay for itself in 17 years here in California (2009 price of $680 and assuming a basic yearly fee of $40) - combined with the fact that it's still good if I move out of state, I think I'll have to do this next year...
    Mathews Drenalin 65# @ 31"
    Martin Recurve 35# @ 28"
    Martin Recurve 50# @ 28"
    Zona 66" R/D Longbow 50# @ 28"

I don't have one here in SC, but should have purchased one in Maryland and Georgia when i lived in both states. It gets very expensive to buy an out of state license every year. MD is $180 and GA is $210...for out of state.
    JAM
    2012 MATHEWS HELIm TACTICAL 28" 65#
    2011 BOWTECH INVASION CPX...28-1/2" 63#

I have a lifetime license from IL. I think they calculate the price to be the annual price multiplied by 30 years. Since I plan to hunt for more than 30 years I think it may pay off one day!

The one thing I don't like is that they make you buy a habitat stamp in addition to the license. You can't buy these for a lifetime so every year I have to spend the time ordering a $5 stamp.

Paid $400 for my lifetime hunt/fish combo in KS in 1996.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast