Thread: Hoyt Ortho grip

Hoyt Ortho grip

Who uses a Hoyt Ortho grip, and how do you like it? Where could i get an Ortho grip? how much does it retail for?

they're available through lancaster at 29.99 each. item number 2560197

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/prod...gs4vpncj2n1ca3

They are shaped and feel in your hand a lot like the "Jager-BEST" grips, without the softer feel. I did a mod. on one to fit a Winstar II riser, I liked it except it was a bit slick in hot weather. Roughing-up the finish with sandpaper helped some.
    "Forget, your last shot"

I shoot one of these on my Nexus and I'm very happy with mine, wonderful grip. I had to throw out my Jager because it was way too big for me, too much contact...

If you do get one of these grips try adding some friction to the grip to prevent slipping in the rain

i have a Jager BEST grip, but i can't use it because the ridge on the left side of the grip is just WAY too high for me, not to mention the fact that it is quite a high wrist grip. the ortho grip seems to be not quite as high as the Jager, somewhere in between the regular grip and the Jager, which is one of the reasons why i'm looking at getting an Ortho grip

I think it'll be best for you to try one out if you know anyone who has one. The ortho for sure is a little lower than my old jager.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the hoyt ortho although it can get very slippery in the rain which usually causes my hand to slip up high and very deep into the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by XCalibre View Post
    i have a Jager BEST grip, but i can't use it because the ridge on the left side of the grip is just WAY too high for me, not to mention the fact that it is quite a high wrist grip. the ortho grip seems to be not quite as high as the Jager, somewhere in between the regular grip and the Jager, which is one of the reasons why i'm looking at getting an Ortho grip
    you can request the jager grip to come with a lower angle.

Will the Orto grip fit an 2005 Aero-Tec?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bouras View Post
    Will the Orto grip fit an 2005 Aero-Tec?
    Unfortunately no

Quote Originally Posted by tecshooter05 View Post
    you can request the jager grip to come with a lower angle.
    This is true. I've been making a lower version for Shibuya. They've sold lots of them.
    New 2011 Sky Conquest Advantage with SKY Premium Select Limbs
    Grip Tinkerer
    http://www.jagerarchery.com/

"Necessity is the Mother of invention, but Lazyness is the Father." -Me-

A lower wrist angle? Or a lower angle on the slope from left - right? I'd love to try and jager with a slightly lower wrist angle.

Quote Originally Posted by XCalibre View Post
    Who uses a Hoyt Ortho grip, and how do you like it? Where could i get an Ortho grip? how much does it retail for?
    yea i had 1 an shot with it for a lil bit. I found that my hand would slip around in it alot especialy on hot hot days(sweaty hands), although u could just wrap some tennis grip on it an it would be all taken care of. But reasently i switched to the best method an the coach witch im learning it from told me to switch back to the grip that came with the bow, cuz the grip seems to be so wide i couldnt get my hand where is was supose to be ( i have large hands idk if that had anything to do with it or not) but anywas that was my experiance with the ortho but i supose it all depends on your hand, no 2 people have the same hand we r all diffrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Acehero View Post
    A lower wrist angle? Or a lower angle on the slope from left - right? I'd love to try and jager with a slightly lower wrist angle.
    A bit of both. Lower in wrist than slope though.
    New 2011 Sky Conquest Advantage with SKY Premium Select Limbs
    Grip Tinkerer
    http://www.jagerarchery.com/

"Necessity is the Mother of invention, but Lazyness is the Father." -Me-