Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mathews Reezen 6.5

Thumbs up Mathews Reezen 6.5

Ok guys and gals I have New reports on this 09 bow.
    First of all this bow is a Super Quiet and sweet shooting bow. All the statements on this bow having vibrations after the shot and harder on the draw cycle. To be real honest the Draw is not the same as the DXT. But with the added speed of the Reezen you should not compare the TWO bows.
    The extra weight of the Reezen bow is really Nice.

Vibration after the shot I noticed on the Demo bow I shot as well. But WE figured out real quick where it was coming from.

Have your dealer to check and make sure the Suppressor arm bolts and blocks are tight. Also I installed a STS on this 6.5 Reezen today and the results were AWESOME!!!!
    SUPER QUIET AND DEAD IN YOUR HANDS..

28" with a 350 gr. arrow = 320 fps @70#
    28" with a 340 gr. arrow = 297 fps @ 60#
    Mathews Apex 7 / Helium
    Trophy Taker rest, Rip Cord Code Red rest
    Sword Sights
    TRU Ball release
    Bucknasty Custom Strings

good review! I will be buying a Reezen or a Monster!
    Mathews Z7 Extreme

I hate to say this, but Storyteller is telling you a STORY! I've shot the Reezen along with plenty of others in the past few weeks. This bow has a good bit of buzz after the shot! Yes, i'll agree that an sts improves it, but still, it is not the same as other Mathews! I think the PSE XFORCE has less than the Reezen..

Quote Originally Posted by jca View Post
    I hate to say this, but Storyteller is telling you a STORY! I've shot the Reezen along with plenty of others in the past few weeks. This bow has a good bit of buzz after the shot! Yes, i'll agree that an sts improves it, but still, it is not the same as other Mathews! I think the PSE XFORCE has less than the Reezen..
    That is his opion on the Reezen. If you want to tell yours that is fine, but there is no reason to say he is lying about it.
    PSE Evo with JBK Stings
    Ripcord
    Sword Sight
    Easton Axis
    G5 T3

Not intended to bash but I can honestly say that I have yet to hear a Matthews bow that is quiet. That being said however, they really do make very fast and accurate great quality bows. Nevertheless, I am very interested in the Reezen 6.5, it could be the miricale cure for my 27.5 inch and 65 lb. draw, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker21 View Post
    Not intended to bash but I can honestly say that I have yet to hear a Matthews bow that is quiet. That being said however, they really do make very fast and accurate great quality bows. Nevertheless, I am very interested in the Reezen 6.5, it could be the miricale cure for my 27.5 inch and 65 lb. draw, LOL.
    are you kidding me
    Hoyt Spyder 34

www dot SELFILMED dot com

All We Do Is SELFILMED

wow you have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!! i have yet to hear a loud mathews bow!

Not that I am an overwelming fan of the Reezen but as for Mathews not having quiet bows......(WOW) that has been one of there best qualities in the past along with a smooth draw.

umm 12 posts says it all!! really not sure how to respond to that so i won't
    STRICTLY BUSINESS ARCHERY
    "GET SERIOUS OR GO HOME"

I found the bow to have a slight bit of buzz after the shot,but nothing that would warrant a negative opinion about it.It holds and balances well,and feels really good at the shot.The draw was a little stiffer than previous Mathews I have shot ,but the speed was impressive.Also very quiet.It appears to be a very nice bow .

reezen "buzz"

We found that if you put the brass dampeners in it gets rid of the buzz . Might be worth a try for ya .

Quote Originally Posted by jca View Post
    Of course its not the same as other Mathews. Its their first speed bow and you're going to sacrifice something in a bow if you're going for speed.

not intended to bash but i can honestly say that i have yet to hear a matthews bow that is quiet. That being said however, they really do make very fast and accurate great quality bows. Nevertheless, i am very interested in the reezen 6.5, it could be the miricale cure for my 27.5 inch and 65 lb. Draw, lol.
    wabobs

Buzz in the Reezen

Yes, to some people the Reezen may have a buzz, may be loud, etc... Putting the brass dampers in will definitely help, checking for ANY loose bolt will definitely help. Also, as many Mathews owners know, check to see if the bow is still in tune. Even from the factory things stretch and go outta tune!!

I don't know about the 09 X-Force, but I've shot the 08, it has significant more noise, vibration, and initial hum than the Reezen, INSPITE of 11 dampers!!!!!

Personally, the Reezen's gonna be my new hunting partner, as soon as I can afford one.

Was at the Deer and turkey expo in Mich last Sat, was lucky enough to shoot most of the new bows, have been shooting mathews for years and still have 3 hanging in my house but to be perfectly honest the reezen was not even close to the admiral, alphamax 32, even the pse omen had less recoil and seemed to have a smoother draw, the reezen I shot was 29" 70lbs had the new dampener in the riser, the most recoil of any bow I shot by far it was fast but even with some sims products to take the recoil out the balance of the bow for me anyway was way off, it was really front heavy and wanted to twist hard on the shot, I think mathews has got caught up in the speed game and forgot how to build bows that got them where they are at.

I am a fan of most mathews bows. Do i like them all no. Do i hate them all no. I wasnt a fan of the dxt at all. Shot it for almost a year and still didnt like it at the end of the year. The reezon 6.5 is just plain awful. Yes its a speed bow and you have to give up something to gain the speed. I think mathews over stepped the boundries here. The draw cycle is very harsh, even with the new dampeners it has alot of vibration and hand shock. And the torque is just ridiculous. I have a friend that bought one because he thought he had to have one. We go to the indoor range to shoot and he cant shoot as long as we can because his wrist starts to hurt after awhile. He has a hard time finishing leagues with us now. The reezon 7.0 is not as bad. But still not a great bow like i am use to seeing from mathews. The s2 that was new last year i think was one of there best bows. The hyperlite this year is a good bow. Its a little lite for me but it shot nice.

I wish mathews would have just tried to add 10fps to the s2. Yes it would have changed some but i still think it would have been a really nice bow.
    2008 Elite GTO-hha ol 5519
    2009 hoyt katera-hha dsxl 5519,
    2007 Elite Synergy-hha ol 5519
    Beaman ICS Elite 340

I like all bows anything that slings a arrow I'm a fan.I was realy on the fence about buying a new Mathews.I bought the Switchback the first year they came out and IMHO it's the best bow they made.I've shot a new Mathews every year since seeing if it's the one to replace my SB.
    Well this year the reason well is the reezen.No it's not as smooth at the SB on the draw,but you can see it's a aggresive single cam.It's not as dead in the hand as the SB,but it's lighter and faster.
    As for BH it's shorter but it's shooting bullet holes.

Things I noticed on the one I shot 70#(scaled) 29 inch draw with loop.The vibration was the same with a STS as with out,was the same with the quiver on as off(Arrow web T-5).The vibration was alitte more noticeble with the light wieght dampeners as with the brass(haven't shot it with the new ones).
    The speed of the string is going to eat up the string dampeners on the bow.
    Now the draw was fairly smooth with such a cam,nice valley and back wall.The vibration was more a buzz than a drop the bow and run away crying.

What I liked the weight,has good balance,realy quiet and the speed.
    Now I'm going say this this is my bow and I shoot it the way I want to.So wth that out of the way.
    On to the crono.
    Mathews Reezen 6.5 70# draw,29in draw length arrow was Carbon Impact with Blazers and 85 gr field point 28 " wieght was 333 grains.
    We cronoed 5 shots and the average was 331.3 FPS.With this bow and a 350 gr arrow was 322 fps.

Now with a DXT set-up same way and same arrow(333 gr) was 321 FPS

So if you are wanting a smoother draw and good speed look at the DXT,it's not giving up that much,I like the Reezen 6.5 so I bought one.Going to shoot the Monster this weekend and might like that better who knows.

Disclaimer--This was my opinon and you know what they say about opinons.
    Thanks
    BBJ

This here is your story teller

i love the reezen....shoots great very accurate, extremely quiet, no vibe witht he new dampers, will notbe owning one because of the monster but would not hesitate taking one in the woods

Sorry Ive ben a long time Mathews shooter own a few but I just recently spent 2-3 hours shooting the Reezen and both AM32 and 35 and was blown away at what a better bow overall the Hoyts were, the feel, the shot, and the construction, what an eye opener, to say I was disappointed with the Reezen is an understatement!!! Just ordered my AM35 sorry Mathews " Catch me if you can".

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTABOWHUNT00 View Post
    Sorry Ive ben a long time Mathews shooter own a few but I just recently spent 2-3 hours shooting the Reezen and both AM32 and 35 and was blown away at what a better bow overall the Hoyts were, the feel, the shot, and the construction, what an eye opener, to say I was disappointed with the Reezen is an understatement!!! Just ordered my AM35 sorry Mathews " Catch me if you can".
    That's the beautiful thing about having so many choices. We just had a guy come in who bought an AM32 and after shooting the Reezen, he traded in the Hoyt.
    I'll admit, the Reezen isn't for everyone. It is different than any other Mathew that has come out. For me, its the best shooting Mathews that I have owned. For you guys that still feel the slight buzz, put a 3" doinker chubby hunter on the back of the riser. Completely dead in the hand.

SCFox

I shot another reezen last night. I still don't feel a harsh draw in this bow, and with the new dampener the buzz was gone. This one did not have a stabilizer though, and the bottom of the bow kicked about 10 inches forward at the shot. Don't need a new bow and don't know that I'd buy one that short if I did, but I don't get all the whining about the draw cycle. I had a Hoyt with spiral cams that would tear my arm off, this is nothing like that.
    sine labore nihil

well i have owned a vectrix, 101st airborne, guardian, and admiral and shot the alphamax. Just shot the reezen the other night, it was a complete setup and i am super impressed by this bow. the draw cycle isn't even comparable and just to be sure i picked up an admiral right beside it and drew one right after the other and like i said not even comparable. the reezen wasn't anywhere near as harsh, and much smoother. I felt virtually no vibration, at least not any different from any of the other bows i have ever shot (including the alphamax.) in my opinion it is hard to buy a bad bow these days it is all in what you like PERSONALLY and coming on here especially bringing up mathews will just get you MOSTLY biased responses. Look for the ones that are being honest not just bashing the name. Another i like was how the bow held and seemed to have a solid wall to it. I definitely give the reezen a big thumbs up and i have one put back waiting for me.

Huh?! My Reezen 6.5 is the quietest bow i've owned and I've owned Hoyts, Bowtech, PSE's and Martins.
    Elite Energy 35, 50-60, Black/Max-1, Trophy Taker Smack Down, MBG Ascent, B-Stinger, Axis 400's w/Axis Deep 6 inserts, W.C. Strings and Cables, Elite quiver, Scott, Deep 6 Trocars.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken2 View Post
    are you kidding me
    He's got to be joking, Mathews the company that drove all other bow companies to build quiet bows or go out of business and he has'nt heard a quiet one. Thats the problem he can't hear a Mathews, because they are quiet!
    Don't take it so serious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast