a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Best ground blind for bowhunting???????

Best ground blind for bowhunting???????

I am looking into purchasing a ground blind to hunt out of and I am really looking forward to trying to take a deer with my bow out of it. I was wondering what blinds you all have had the most luck with while bowhunting?

After using the cheap Ameristeps to the expensive Double Bulls, i think i found the best of both worlds with the ASAT Quickie blind, enough to become a dealer of them lol! IMO they have alot more features than the double bull with as good or even better quality but come with the ameristep prices, so it's really a no brainer for me. You really need to read up on the ASAT camo pattern also, this stuff works from deer to turkeys to ducks from the east coast to the west coast year round- guaranteed!
    Trophy Hunters Supply LLC
    Pro Shop authorized to sell: Bows by PSE, Obsession and Elite Archery..... Crossbows by Scorpyd, Killer Instinct, Ten Point and Barnett. We carry all the popular accessories and equipment needed to outfit all your hunting needs!
    Call 920-833-BOWS or text 920-562-0099... Follow us on Facebook for 2015 ATA coverage

Thanks thirdy

I agree with 30pointer.
    I consider the ASAT Quickie a much better buy than DB.
    Bowman Accu-Riser I and II...Greatest built American bows of all time
    Hamskea Versa Rest, Hogg Father sight, Paridigm stabilizer.
    Scorpyd Crossbows... nothing else compares
    Zeiss Victory HT 10x42 binoculars...simply superb

I have never hunted out of the ASAT but would like to see one. I own a DB Matrix and have hunted out of several cheaper models and there is no comparison. The DB wins hands down IMO. There really is no "best" with equipment. A lot of it is personal preference and budget limitations. The only way you'll know is to try them out. I set up the DB in the bow shop and shot out of it with all my own equipment. It was a no-brainer. I have taken deer and turkeys with my bow out of this blind and couldn't be happier with it. Best of luck with whatever you decide. Dan-O

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-O View Post
    I have never hunted out of the ASAT but would like to see one. I own a DB Matrix and have hunted out of several cheaper models and there is no comparison. The DB wins hands down IMO. There really is no "best" with equipment. A lot of it is personal preference and budget limitations. The only way you'll know is to try them out. I set up the DB in the bow shop and shot out of it with all my own equipment. It was a no-brainer. I have taken deer and turkeys with my bow out of this blind and couldn't be happier with it. Best of luck with whatever you decide. Dan-O
    Dan-O, the material on the ASAT is the same as your DB as is set up and take down. The few things i like better about the ASAT is the "door" entry is much easier to get into and the ASAT windows can be zippered shut (in the north the wind gets nasty cold so you can keep it out) or closed with a hook like the DB. I don't know anyone that likes the carrying bag of the DB including myself, but the bag for the ASAT is great for long hikes in and fitting all your blinds needs inside of it. DB's have some great window layout options though, but if the window layout on the ASAT is O.K. for you, the ASAT is a no brainer (especially saving yourself $150!).
    Trophy Hunters Supply LLC
    Pro Shop authorized to sell: Bows by PSE, Obsession and Elite Archery..... Crossbows by Scorpyd, Killer Instinct, Ten Point and Barnett. We carry all the popular accessories and equipment needed to outfit all your hunting needs!
    Call 920-833-BOWS or text 920-562-0099... Follow us on Facebook for 2015 ATA coverage

Thanks thirdy. I need to check one out. Later, Dan-O

I bought the Ameristep intimidator for my first blind, easy set up, plenty of room since i'm 6'2.

I like DBs myself. One thing I have found out this season. If you plan on filming out of it, mainly filming someone else. A blind with a 360 degree viewing window is much easier than one with set smaller windows. Just what I have found out from this season. Smaller windows can work great but sometimes they can be a pain in the butt.
    Team Slayer Outdoors

FOB -O------------> www.starrflight.com
    NC+ Seed Company, Double Z Decals(doublezdecals.com), Madge & Nettie's Cupboard, Prairie Spirit Realty/United Country

I use the primos vision I like it alot. This blind has 360 degree shooting as well and very easy to put up.

I have a ASAT Quickie, the best blind I've ever used but the trick to this blind is you HAVE to brush it in, alone in the woods it sticks out like a sore thumb, but if you throw some brush over and around it really dissaperes, I had a walker (yes a walker with his dog) come 20 yards from my blind and he didn't even see me. I do with I had the 180 feild of vision like the DB but over all the ASAT is a close 2nd at half the price.