a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Carbon Extreme XLR

Carbon Extreme XLR

Anybody hear of it? Pictures will be up soon(hopefully tonight).

Bear or Jennings?

Do a search in this forum. There's some info here.
    Lefty 80# Guardian 7595 GTXT's 50 Grain Muzzy inserts,100 grn Slicks 443 grn @ 292 FPS=83.9 ft/lbs. Hogg It 7 pin . Limbdriver Rest
    Lefty 66# General 5575 GTXT's Vortex 75 Grn. 269 FPS Trophy Ridge 5 pin Limbdriver

If I remember right, that bow was made by Jennings .

Those bows were made in the early to mid 1990's. The bow looks to have Bear/Jenning's Illusion camo. Send me a pm if you need any specific info and I will try to look it up.

Thanks

Thanks JMOOSE. I have a 1991 Jennings Sonic 300 and have always wondered what the Camo Pattern was called. It is the very same pattern as the bow pictured.
    Clint in far West Kentucky

This looks a lot like the Jennings Carbon Extreme I bought back in 1991 and shot exclusively until last year. I replaced it because I started to worry about having to replace the steel cables if they were to break. The only problem I ever had was with the limb bolts backing out. Later models included a feature to prevent this. Blue loctite on the limb bolts took care of the problem on the early models. I later had to loctite in the limb bolt insert in the riser after about 15 years of shooting. Great bow. Easy to tune if you put a nock set above and below the arrow nock. AMO was 232 fps according to a 1991 bow magazine report I still have. Good luck with yours.

I believe the carbon extreme XLR had a 41.5" ata with recurve limbs. The carbon extreme had a 40" ata with straight limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoose77 View Post
    I believe the carbon extreme XLR had a 41.5" ata with recurve limbs. The carbon extreme had a 40" ata with straight limbs.
    That sounds right jmoose. I shot a Carbon Extreme in the early 90's and my father was hunting with a Carbon Extreme XLR up until just a couple of years ago. Great bows. I had the target model with a Red riser and grayish colored limbs.

That bow was popular. Michael Waddell shot one if i am not mistaken.

First produced by Bear/Jennings out of Gainesville for the 1992 model year. This was a very fast bow in its day. Die cast AlMag riser with compression molded limbs. Micro-adjustable yoke harness to tune the wheel timing. FastFlight string and steel cables.