Thread: Best Archery Release

Best Archery Release

What would you guys say is the best release for shooting targets from 10-25 yds outside.

I'd strongly suggest the Carter releases. They make finger and thumb releases, and are very high quality.

^^^

Come on I know you all own releases. I wan't to know so I can get a few ideas together before the season starts.

are you looking for a hand held or a wrist strap style release.
    Tech at Big Sky Archery, Factory staff for Black Gold Premium Bowsights, Ripcord Arrow Rests, and Tight Spot Quivers

for 3d and spots i use a carter evolution+ and its made me a more consistent shooter and for hunting i just got a tru ball pro diamond extreme, but i haven't got to shoot it very much, it depends on what your gonna do with it

I like my Carter Colby hinge style release the best.

Releases were not designed for a specific distance.

One that works, works at any distance.

Carter makes a wide variety of great releases.

i like my scott grip release alot but am going to try a truball diamond just for the heck of it.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

Somewhere... over the river and thru the woods... and no it's not grandma's house..
    Carter Carter Carter!! That's my vote! If you need help with a particular release, they are a wonderfully patient company who backs up their products! As for which one, try a bunch. Evolution, Ember, Just Cuz, or whatever for thumb or BT, or wrist. Good luck!

Right now it would be used for outdoor spot shooting and I would rather have a finger release.

carter 2shot or quikie hard to beat for this style. check the AT trades forum under releases

carter all the way.

Thumbs up

Carter 2 shot, solution 3

Sorry for the noob questions but whats so good about a carter release and do they make one with a full wrist strap like with just an opening for your thumb and an lever style index finger trigger (non-button trigger).

Getting back into arcjery and I needed a new release(my old wrist strap rope release didnt fair the 12 year storage so well). I was worried about switching to handheld model from a wrist pull model.

I got the carter chocolate. I had zero problem switching to this style. The release seems made very well, is very smooth, and shoots great. Happy with it thus far.

C.C. Porter

The Cx-1 is my relase for Targets and the Mako is the one I choose for Hunting...