Best Archery Release

Thread: Best Archery Release

Best Archery Release

What would you guys say is the best release for shooting targets from 10-25 yds outside.

I'd strongly suggest the Carter releases. They make finger and thumb releases, and are very high quality.

Come on I know you all own releases. I wan't to know so I can get a few ideas together before the season starts.

are you looking for a hand held or a wrist strap style release.
    Supra with short bow madness limbs, 27.625" 61.2 lbs 400 gn arrow at 280fps
    Decree HD 68.8 lbs 27.625" draw, 400 gn arrow @ 285fps.

for 3d and spots i use a carter evolution+ and its made me a more consistent shooter and for hunting i just got a tru ball pro diamond extreme, but i haven't got to shoot it very much, it depends on what your gonna do with it

I like my Carter Colby hinge style release the best.

Within One's Self
    Releases were not designed for a specific distance.

One that works, works at any distance.

Carter makes a wide variety of great releases.

i like my scott grip release alot but am going to try a truball diamond just for the heck of it.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak

Somewhere... over the river and thru the woods... and no it's not grandma's house..
    Carter Carter Carter!! That's my vote! If you need help with a particular release, they are a wonderfully patient company who backs up their products! As for which one, try a bunch. Evolution, Ember, Just Cuz, or whatever for thumb or BT, or wrist. Good luck!

Right now it would be used for outdoor spot shooting and I would rather have a finger release.

carter 2shot or quikie hard to beat for this style. check the AT trades forum under releases

carter all the way.

Pasadena, Maryland

Thumbs up

Carter 2 shot, solution 3

Sorry for the noob questions but whats so good about a carter release and do they make one with a full wrist strap like with just an opening for your thumb and an lever style index finger trigger (non-button trigger).

Getting back into arcjery and I needed a new release(my old wrist strap rope release didnt fair the 12 year storage so well). I was worried about switching to handheld model from a wrist pull model.

I got the carter chocolate. I had zero problem switching to this style. The release seems made very well, is very smooth, and shoots great. Happy with it thus far.

C.C. Porter

The Cx-1 is my relase for Targets and the Mako is the one I choose for Hunting...