a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: bow keeps shooting to the left

bow keeps shooting to the left

hi all i am having a problem with a bow that i purchased about 2 months ago my rest got loose and i tightend it but it moved so we made sure everything my scope rest and string were all in line with a square thing my dad has and everything is inline but my bow just keeps shooting too the left constantly i move my sight and rest and still to the left left left hieght is good but keeps shooting to the left im not sure what is going on none of us do i had to move my scope way over to the left now if i drop my bow it will probably break the rod. but it didnt do this origionaly any help will be greatlly appreciated.

thanks kyle

I'm nopt going to go into a long disertation as to why, but normally your sight will be to the left of the string/arrow/rest when sighted in properly. Very seldom will everything be in the same alignment.

It has to do with side torque created by the cable guard/slide pulling to the right. Got to counteract it somehow. BINGO----------sight to the left of center. Sometimes as much as 1/4" as your eye sees it. So do yourself a favor and just move the sight.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

bow keeps shooting to the left

Quote Originally Posted by ************** View Post
    i move my sight and rest
    thanks kyle
    You don't move your rest. Your rest is your center shot. As bfisher said, most everyone will have the sight pin (s) to the left of the string (if right handed).
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

Quote Originally Posted by ************** View Post
    hi all i am having a problem with a bow that i purchased about 2 months ago my rest got loose and i tightend it but it moved so we made sure everything my scope rest and string were all in line with a square thing my dad has and everything is inline but my bow just keeps shooting too the left constantly i move my sight and rest and still to the left left left hieght is good but keeps shooting to the left im not sure what is going on none of us do i had to move my scope way over to the left now if i drop my bow it will probably break the rod. but it didnt do this origionaly any help will be greatlly appreciated.

thanks kyle
    Don't forget, moving the sight to the left will make your arrow hit to the right but moving your rest to the left will make your arrow hit LEFT.
    Joe B.
    Zenarch

follow the arrow with the sight, oppisite with the rest, but try to keep the rest in the "center" of the bow in relation to the string. i've also heard too long of a drawlength will cause left fliers.