a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Revamping old PSE Starfire 2

Revamping old PSE Starfire 2

Hoping someone can help with this I want to put a scope on my Starfire 2 problem is they discontinued the crossbow and I cant find a rail Guess I'll have to fab this to get a scope mounted. Was hoping someone out there might already have a PSE rail that fits the Starfire 2 and could send picture so I could fabricate one.

Here's one place to look, you'll have hours of search time.
    Another is try Millet Sights. They also have some strange stuff you might be able to adapt.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/riflesco...and-bases.html

Good luck...have fun.

Mike

Thanks Mike I'll check the sites out.

Are you kidding! Im the only person in the whole world shooting PSE Starfire 2 Crossbow Can't be true Please help if you can...Need help figuring out how I can fabricate a scope rail for this bow.

Scope Mount

Ironically I just got this bow today with a scope and mount, someone threw it out with a small split in the limb. Any idea if it's fixable? Hope the photos help.

Fletch
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Fixable", no.
    Adaptable from another bow...maybe...

I'd look at different bows out there (e-bay, Craigs List, etc...!) that have simillar limbs. You may be able to adapt another bows limbs to your bow with a little work.

I've thought about buying one of those for some time...just havent done it!

Mike

starfire

my friend and i have starfires in great condition. We are in ohio, too. they shoot just fine....i wish i had a scope. looks like the simmons 4x32 is popular. ask an ebay completed seller what rail they have...............

larryt

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel76 View Post
    Hoping someone can help with this I want to put a scope on my Starfire 2 problem is they discontinued the crossbow and I cant find a rail Guess I'll have to fab this to get a scope mounted. Was hoping someone out there might already have a PSE rail that fits the Starfire 2 and could send picture so I could fabricate one.
    I just joined AracheryTalk to see if you or anyone else have found anything on the scope mounts for your PSE Starfire II. I have one I have owned for several years and would like to mount a scope on it. If you have found someone that has a mount or could help me I would appreciate it.

I think it will be hard to find good parts for a bow that is that old.

I just got a pse starfire 2 from a buddy and not sure what kind of arrows that it shoots. Can anyone help me on this? Also where can you by these arrows?
    Thanks.

Starfire

Boggs,

They use a 2219 alum shaft with a large nock similar to a regular vertical bow nock, but much beefier. I really don't know what the nocks are called.

I had 5 Starfire bolts and gave them to a bud 2 weeks ago. He and his dad have Starfires. One has a peep and pins, the other has the scope mount shown in the pics above. I added some silencers on his, removed the old Redfield scope, and mounted a Accupoint for him to use this season. It's a descent bow, shot groups around 3" at 25yds. Pretty loud, but the silencers helped a bit. He's going to add some limbsavers as well.

I believe his bolts were 22", but you'd have to measure to be sure what length to buy. I've laid hands on 3 of the older PSE xbows and all shot the 2219s with those nocks. I know a guy that's killed over 30 deer with a Starfire in the last 20 years, they'll definitely do the job.

Have a Good One,

7rm

i got one

hey there i gota pse starfire 2, my father in law gave it to me. i can send you a pic of scope rail if you could give me any info and where i can find nocks for cheap for my pse.

ArcheryMarket.com has the nocks for $5.70 a dozen and even has 2219 bolts made up with the nocks installed for around $45 a dozen. They are 22" with three 4" straight fletchings. Check them out. I'll probably end up using the same ones for the Jennings Devastator I just aquired. I'm also working on fabricating a scope rail for it. Seems like a piece of 1"x1/4" aluminum flat bar will work with some sort of bracket welded to the receiver end. Then just bolt a weaver style base to the top and wholla. Sounds easy, I'll soon find out.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel76 View Post
    My husband uses the PSE Starfire II Crossbow, he states you can use the half moon shaped arrows.

Half moon

I have a scope rail for a PSE Starfire if any body needs one I would be willing to sell it Cheap.

Hey do you still have the scope mount you are willing to sell I cant find one anywhere. Thanks Perry
    please email me to let me know at plighty @ hotmail.com

Hey would you be willing to sell your scope mount let me aknow at plighty @ hotmail.com

Would love to have that scope rail

wondering if you ever did anything with this bow, if not would you consider selling it for parts, really need a scope rail for my PSE crossfire, thanks

Looking for PSE Crossbow scope rail

if you still have it would be interested in buying it from you

PSE Crossfire users I need some help

I am trying to get the rest rejuvenated on this old PSE Crossfire, it is one of those setups with a little wire arm that holds the bolt down on the rest, it has lost all it's springs. If anyone out there has one of these rigs I would love to see some pics or schematics

sorrry but the starfire 2 uses 25 " 4 fletch arrows with" super lock knocks" specialy made by pse and have not ben avail. for years I'V looked every place. ended up using standerd knocks and drilling out the pocket for the cable with a 1/8 th inch drill bit. the reason for the "lock" is the back of the arrow uses this to keep it on the string since there is no rail.

Hello if anybody has the scope rail/base for sale text or call mike at 440-227-7563. Thanks just bought one off my uncle and the open peep sights are hard to use for a new bow hunter