a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Bow Hunting backpack?

Best Bow Hunting backpack?

I am thinking about next year's deer season and the gear that I need/want to replace. One piece of gear that I want to replace is my backpack. I don’t need many options, but I do like/require cinch straps on the bottom of a pack to carry my extra clothes to the stand. What have you found to be the best, all day on stand, backpack?

last year i bought the cabelas hybrid pack and it seems to be a great pack.

Just go ahead and bite the bullet and buy a Badlands 2200. They are alittle pricey, but you will have it for the rest of your life. Go to their website and read the warranty, that is the proof in the puddin. Plenty of room and feel great. I have put deboned deer in mine several times along with the rest of my stuff in it and tied to the sides and it blew my mind how comfortable they were even after hikein over a couple of moutains to get to camp. It has enough pockets i actually lose stuff in it.

Thanks for your response! aac

Can't go wrong with anything from Badlands or Eberlestock.

I have bow hunted for over 50 years and still can't figure out why I would need a back pack. Seems every one is at least wearing a book bag. Geeez

love my badlands ultra day. it does just what you said you wanted. has just enough room to carry what i need for the day, but has straps on the bottom and back to put that heavy jacket or pants on. that way if i have a long walk, i can dress lighter till i get in the stand. i have used it to "assist" in carrying my tree stand and will carry my folding chair/seat.

I am looking to get a 2200 or 2800 for longer hunts though. really need to decide on the size, then look at what might be good
    Mathews DXT 28"/70# Bucknasty Strings, Torqueless Grip, G5 peep
    B-Stinger 8"/11oz in LOST Camo, HHA Optimizer lite, QAD Ultra HD, Bow Rattler, Kwikee Quiver in LOST Camo
    Easton A/C/C Prohunters, Superslims, & Axis N-fused 400 - 28" w/ white tiger blazers and wraps, easton tracer nocks
    100g Rage 3 blade, G5 Striker and Montec

I bought a Badlands Hypervent pack works great. It has lots of storage pockets.

I have a 2200 and a Monster Fanny pack and to be honest the only benifit with the 2200 is the ability carry a pop up or tree stand. I can get everything I need and then some in the Monster and its more comfortable.

packs

[QUOTE=DRT;1053660715]Just go ahead and bite the bullet and buy a Badlands 2200. QUOTE]

+1
    Bought one last year and it's great for 5 minutes from the truck or 5 miles. Very comfy and was bearable with an elk hindquarter. Love the compression straps to hold bow, heavy coat, etc. I imagine my $20 pack from the surplus store would've worked but the 2200 sure was comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedNeck View Post
    I have a 2200 and a Monster Fanny pack and to be honest the only benifit with the 2200 is the ability carry a pop up or tree stand. I can get everything I need and then some in the Monster and its more comfortable.
    Yep, I sold my superday and bought a monster fanny. Seems like the bigger the back I carry, the more I stuff it with things I don't even need or use.

Another vote for the 2200/2800 series from Badlands. You can carry a boned-out deer in one, for sure. Tougher than a boot.

Also have Eberlestocks J105 for bigger loads. Not quite as tough, but close, and will carry a LOT more. I'd check the Blue Widow in this line for your intended use.

+ 5 (or is it 6) for the Badlands 2200 or 2800!

Both are excellent packs...I would opt for the 2200 for whitetails and 2800 for elk/bigger game.

Depends on what size you want, but Badlands is the best there is and has a huge variety of packs.
    Elite Archery - Winners Choice - Muzzy - Tightspot - Gold Tip - Bee-Stinger - BowADX
    Professional Hunter & Guide - Outdoor Writer / BUNDU BOWSHOP - VRYHEID KZN

Check out Eberlestock, great packs.

Quote Originally Posted by kravguy View Post
    Can't go wrong with anything from Badlands or Eberlestock.
    YES and to be able to mount your bow while hiking is awesome, i would buy eberlystock first but there both tough and durable packs
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"

i wanted to get a badlands, but i picked up a horn hunter on Ebay for $40. Havent used it hunting yet, but i put my bow on it the other day and 4 arrows in the built in quiver and it all felt pretty good.

Badlands 2200, Best pack I have ever owned.

I've heard a lot of good things about Badlands packs.
    -Brian

Badlands Superday

I had a gift certificate so I could have bought any of the Badlands packs I wanted. I looked them all over, and for whitetails in the eastern US, the Superday pack was the best fit for me. I've had it for 2 seasons now and love it. I have a small spot that the stitching is coming loose on. Actually happened at the end of the 07 season. It may be my fault(packing on the back of my treestand) or default in the pack, I don't know. But, I'm getting ready to see what Badlands warranty and customer service is like. Overall a great pack, if I could have any backpack on the market, I'd still get a Superday pack.
    Its not what I do.........Its who I am..

hire - drive - buy - be

AMERICAN

I use the Badlands 2200 for most of my bow hunts. I have an Eberlestock and it is excellent also, but for most hunts the 2200 is a little lighter, but has less room and flexiblitiy that the Eberlestock has.

packs

I just bought a Black Ridge pack on ebay and it is perfect. They are just like the badlands packs, just without the price. I was going to get a badlands, but these are just like them, but i do not know what they're guarantee is like.

Check out the Blacks Creek packs.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoJim View Post
    I have bow hunted for over 50 years and still can't figure out why I would need a back pack. Seems every one is at least wearing a book bag. Geeez
    ive been hunting over 1000 years and use one every time

I started using a 2200 this year. A lot of times it is a little more pack than what I need but knowing I can haul meat with it if I need to makes up for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast