a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: best arrow rest for hunting-drop away, whisker biscuit, or catwaba

best arrow rest for hunting-drop away, whisker biscuit, or catwaba

What is the best rest for hunting? I am really confused because i have gotten so many opinions on this subject. I have heard good and bad about all 3 but I really dont know what to believe

Go with the ripcord best of all worlds full cantainment, and its built rock solid. Cant go wrong with it!

There is probably good and bad with all three. I have tried drop away and the biscuit and the biscuit suites me better. Have you shot all three? Everyone has an opinion, what matters is what suites you.
    Save a cow, buy a tag!

Summerville, South Carolina, United States
    qad ultra rest....a buddy has the ripcord...when the arrow is contained and you just want to get it out by "flipping" it...qad is way better..just push the side button...ripcord you have to pull on the string..IMHO..I tried th wb...hated it...it ate my fletching up
    Mathews Chill w/ Rock Mods #70 28.5 "Draw
    QAD Ultra Rest
    HHA DS-5019 Ultra Bow Sight
    Gold Tip Pro w/blazers
    G5 T3 100gr

Pick what you like but just remember that a biscuit has less to go wrong than any other rest you have up there and accuracy is no issue with them.
    A wise man once said...."Its not important what you shoot, rather Where you shoot it"

rest

I like the QAD HD rest the best. I've had biscuits before. They are ok, but I much prefer the QAD. I believe Catawba is no more. I believe that particular rest is nade by Octane now (I think). Overall, I'd have to say QAD. You can use Any kind of fletching you want. Not so with the biscuit.
    Elite GT500
    Bowtech 82nd Airborne
    Bowtech Guardian
    Bowtech Soldier

i've never fired a shot from a tree, and i routinely shoot long distances.
    i'm very happy with my ripcord. i used to shoot a WB, but had no confidence past 40 yds & got tired of wrinkled vanes. with the ripcord i can get respectable groups at 100 yds which gives me all the confidence i need for shots like my 60yd pronghorn, or my 55yd 6x6 elk- it really depends on how you hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by elk country rp View Post
    i've never fired a shot from a tree, and i routinely shoot long distances.
    i'm very happy with my ripcord. i used to shoot a WB, but had no confidence past 40 yds & got tired of wrinkled vanes. with the ripcord i can get respectable groups at 100 yds which gives me all the confidence i need for shots like my 60yd pronghorn, or my 55yd 6x6 elk- it really depends on how you hunt.
    No reason to be scared of accuracy with the whisker biscuit. When set up properly its more accurate that most if not all archers. Check out this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVbm7y6S5OM
    A wise man once said...."Its not important what you shoot, rather Where you shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeElk View Post
    There is probably good and bad with all three. I have tried drop away and the biscuit and the biscuit suites me better. Have you shot all three? Everyone has an opinion, what matters is what suites you.
    I have shot the whisker biscuit and drop away. I like them both and didnt have any problems but i want to make sure that i am picking the best one before i put one on my bow

Quote Originally Posted by djb0724 View Post
    What is the best rest for hunting? I am really confused because i have gotten so many opinions on this subject. I have heard good and bad about all 3 but I really dont know what to believe
    For the first time ever, I switched to drop away. The QAD Ultra-Rest HD Pro Series is the best rest I have ever used. Total containment, and you can slow release your arrow and the rest stays up.

fuse, trophy taker and G5 all make great dropaways!
    WANT TO JOIN OUR STAFF OR BECOME A DEALER... jason@blackeaglearrows.com
    "WHAT WE DO IN OUR LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY."
    "SOME OF US ARE DREAMERS, AND SOME OF US ARE DO-ERS!"

I like a drop-away(Trophy Taker), but in the end it's a matter of choice. If possible, try as many as you can and decide for yourself.

for hunting imo wb is hard to beat, some say extreme cold conditions may cause a problem but i have never experienced any.

Hunting rest

I'll never hunt with anything but the Whisker Biscuit again.

Qad

QAD PRO HD

full containment and the works.....love it never and issue and 1000's of shots
    Bowtech 101st Airborne / QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD / Hogg-It Wrapped / Posten Stabilizer / Octane Quiver / AAE Cavalier Max Hunter Vanes / G5 Tekan II 100 / Carter 2 Shot / Rock Solid Strings /

Limbdriver with the containment system
    I shoot limbdrivers on all my bows and have never had a problem with it..

Quote Originally Posted by bowhuntermitch View Post
    Limbdriver with the containment system
    I shoot limbdrivers on all my bows and have never had a problem with it..
    I agree the LimbDriver is a great rest for hunting. I love mine.
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff, VaporTrail Pro Staff, Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter, Paradigm Archery Pride Staff, Tru Ball Shooting Staff,

I hunted with a Whisker Biscuit for years and this year after a lot of should I , shouldn't I, I went with the QAD HD Pro and could not be happier. It's easy to setup and works like a charm once you get it setup right for your bow. I thought it was going to be a PITA to do but after a little help form some of the great people on here I had it shooting great in no time.
    Crackerized Alien-X 60# 28.5" 306 FPS, Gold Tip Pro 5575, 2" Blazers, Bowmanhunter Wraps, Whisker Biscuit , Lone Wolf Sit & Climb, HHA 5519 XL, Archery Innovations Anchor Sight, 100gr Epic XC3 Broadheads, Posten 10" Woodsman Stab, RedHDCharm Loop and Serving Material,

My biggest fear is that when I'm dead and gone My wife will sell my Archery Equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Smile

I have used the trophy taker for years and love it. It is durable dependable and really accurate and easy to tune.

There are a couple of negatives when using a wisker biscuit. 1) They seem to tear up fletchings 2) They stay on the shot longer so any torquing of the bow will make the WB not as accurate. Once an arrow is shot the drop away drops and you have a shorter period of it contacting anything. This can make the drop away rest more forgiving IMHO.

there is not any rest on the market that is more dependable than a whsiker biscuit,,, none.... while most fallaways are good, they dont match the dependability... of the fall aways, the only one i truely like, is the limb driver pro v,,, the most dependable fall away made,, and it doesnt matter how fast or slow the bow is,,, it works,,, and is easy to set up,, no timing or clearance issues either
    i have worked on my share of rip cors when the string pulled out,, not broke, but pulled out,,, pain in the ear to fix,, qad,, had one last week that pulled through the houseing,,, easier to fix than the rip cord,, but the rest over all in my experiance ranks near the very bottom for dependability..
    the apache is turning out to be fairly nice, but once in awhile i found it to be nearly unusable on some bows,, ,,

There are so many threads on here about which rest is best you could could spend a day or more looking through them all. However, if you want the real answer to your
    question look at all the pics of peoples bows on here. Pretty obvious which rest is on more bows.
    2014 Xpedition Xcentric BLACK 30" 60# qad hd, extreme sight, K3 stabilizer, truball ht, victory vaps

I just recently bought the new pro drop by AAE. Was using a biscuit before and wanted to try something new. Went to Arizona for pig hunting and the split tongue where the arrow rests decided not to lay down all the way when I shot. Which means my arrow just flew off a ramp and went 3 feet over a pig I had called in and was less then three yards from me. This not only happened once but twice. Now if u have hunted in AZ (safford area) you know that the terrain can be thick and everything has thorns and grabs. This drop I believe would be better for tree stands but if your truly hunting and walking for miles and going through brush, in my opinion these drop downs have to much stuff that can go wrong if bumped or hit. You need to think of your terrain your going to be in. Hope this helps.