Thread: Terre Haute Archery Shops

Terre Haute Archery Shops

Any pro shops in Terre Haute Indiana.

Terre Haute Shops

I thinks there is one up that way, but not sure where at. One of the best around is about 5 mi outside Bloomfield, that would be abouta 1 hr drive for you. Hoyt, Mathews Ross and PSE Dealer with 18indoor lanes. Full service proshop. Great folks to deal with
    PSE Shooting Staff
    PSE Field Staff
    X Force,X Force Axe 7
    Money Maker Ni,X Force SD

One of the best!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rooseiu55 View Post
    Any pro shops in Terre Haute Indiana.
    One of the best shops in the country is in Terre Haute!
    Tom Rothrock is doing business as "Lonesome Elk Archery".
    In case you don't know, Tom owned the Wilderness shop in Terre Huate for many years. He closed it in about 94 or 95. He ended up selling so many bows out of his garage at the house that it became a business again. No retirement for Tom! I think anyone who has met or done business with Tom will tell you that he is one of the most knowledgeable bow mechanics in the country.
    He carries
    1.Martin
    2.Matthews / Mission
    3.Hoyt / Reflex
    4.Bow Tech / Diamond

Lonesome Elk Archery
    4323 E Head Ave
    Terre Haute IN. 47805
    812-466-2391
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY TERRE HAUTE IN.
    Look Well to the East

Lonesome Elk is the largest Bowtech dealer in Indiana and may be the biggest Hoyt dealer as well. Once you meet Tom and Cindy you will look no further for a proshop. They are as good as it gets in the archery world. Tom carries Bowtech,Hoyt,Mathews,Martin,El ite,Ross,PSE,Quest and Limbsaver brands. Awesome shop and people.

Tom is definately the guy you want to see in Terre Haute. All of what was said in the above post is fact. PM me if you need to get there. I am actually going there today...
    "All the gizmos in the world don't matter if you don't do things the right way"... Jay Gregory.. AT Featured chat...

"We get what we earn, not what we deserve".... ME....

Or we have Gander Mountain.

Tom is a great guy and he will take care of you. He knows his stuff. There is also a place around Pimento called Limb to Limb Archery very nice guy there also. If you would like I can try to find you a phone number and address.

I would go to Limb to limb archery that guy is all some on working on bows and very nice he has High Country,PSE and Bear bows.His name is Ron Rector and his numder is (812) 299-2475 he is open 1 to 6 monday thur Saturday.

Also Tom is open 6 days a week all day not part time.

yea and tom has been in a lot of trouble with the bow companeys like mathews and from what I here bowtech now all he wants to do is sell you a bow and take your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkdfrlife View Post
    I thinks there is one up that way, but not sure where at. One of the best around is about 5 mi outside Bloomfield, that would be abouta 1 hr drive for you. Hoyt, Mathews Ross and PSE Dealer with 18indoor lanes. Full service proshop. Great folks to deal with
    It's called
    The Archer's Spot
    812-384-8000
    just a bit east of bloomfield on SR54

the Colvins are great people
    "Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you will help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Defending MY "right" to eat the bodies of nonhuman victims of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by HCA #1 View Post
    yea and tom has been in a lot of trouble with the bow companeys like mathews and from what I here bowtech now all he wants to do is sell you a bow and take your money.
    Since you seem to know a lot about his business maybe you can tell us all what trouble he has been in with Mathews and Bowtech. He is the largest Bowtech dealer and you insinuate thye don't like him. Now that is a reach even for for someone with an agenda. Do you own the part time shop or just frequent it? Does the part time shop sell High Country but wishes they had Bowtech and Mathews? Jealousy is a bad thing.

Lonesome Elk

Tom is great, He knows archery and is great to work with. Don't believe the rumors, go see for yourself. 41 north to head road take a right on head, then straight until the curve, he is straight on the curve, you'll know what I mean when you see it.

Terry

Add Rytera to the list of bows, I know he has 8 Aliens on order. Thanks Tom.
    Last edited by Terry G; January 23rd, 2009 at 05:26 PM.

The only trouble Tom has with any bow companies is that he can't get their bows fast enough.. They are out the door set up and ready to shoot faster than they can ship them to him.. Again, great service and excellent selection.
    "All the gizmos in the world don't matter if you don't do things the right way"... Jay Gregory.. AT Featured chat...

"We get what we earn, not what we deserve".... ME....

Had the pleasure of visiting with Tom one afternoon. He gave me a tour of the home place and he has some really nice animals that he and his wife have put together. I think he told me they take about a month in the late fall to do their hunting and so the shop is closed then. He also said his wife is the better hunter of the two.
    I believe he is also certified as a Pope and Young measurer.
    Haven't heard anything about him having problems with the manufacturers, unless they think he should put up a fancy new building.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

Quote Originally Posted by HCA #1 View Post
    Do you have any FACTS to back that up or do you just like to flap your jaws?

I'll be sure Tom sees this. With a little luck maybe he'll sue you for slander.
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY TERRE HAUTE IN.
    Look Well to the East

I just met Tom Rothrock last Saturday. Don't known a damn thing about this finances or his relationships with bow companys, but I'll tell you this...he was personable, very helpful, and very nice to this stranger. Tom took the time to show me his shop, even invited me into his home to show off his wife's trophies. In fact, Tom took the time to research a problem I've had with my AM32, and then went the extra mile to look me up later and tell me what he had found out. All this for a guy who didn't, and never has, spent a dime in his shop. I spent about an hour with Tom on Saturday, wish I could have stayed all day. Anyone within a couple hours drive of Terre Haute should check out Toms shop.

HOYT CARBON ELEMENT
    SPOT HOGG TOMMY HOGG SIGHTS/RIPCORD RESTS/FUSE STABS & QUIVERS
    EASTON ACC PRO HUNTERS / RAGE TITANIUM 2 BLADE

BOB'S SPEED SHOP PLATINUM PRO STAFFER (TRANSLATION: MY BUDDY BOB HAS A CHRONO IN HIS GARAGE)

I had not seen Tom for years and wasn't aware that he had a shop again until recently. I went over today to his shop and it was so good to see Tom again.He's not changed a bit! He's an awesome bow tech. and just a great person to deal with and visit with. He'll have ya laughing before you leave with some of the things he says. He put an arrow rest on a Alphamax for me and wow, he had that thing tuned and shooting great right from the get go !
    Proud Hoyt Vector 32 owner and Muzzy broadhead shooter !

Even prouder Christian,husband,and dad !

Resurrecting an old thread, anybody know offhand what the hours are for Tom's shop?

All I know is he opens at 9 and is open every day but Sunday. He also closes doors periodically during hunting seasons. Hes a greatt bow mechanic and has a wealth of hunting knowledge. This man has taken alot of game in his day. I bought the first bow from him a couple yrs ago on here through Boonerbrad. I have since bought three more and soon to be four. I call the guy about once every couple months just to shoot the s#!t. Heck of a guy !!

He is open 9-6 Monday thru Friday and 9-4 on Saturday . I would recommend anyone who now hunts visit his shop. Ignore all the rumors you hear, I don't know where people get their info...
    Hoyt Carbon Element G3

Thanks buck. A buddy of mine used to shoot with him a few years back and frequented his old shop. We've been meaning to pay him a visit, but we couldn't find his hours anywhere. And some people will believe whatever they hear or make their own stuff up just to make themselves look better. Got 2 good shops in the Terre Haute area now (that I know of) Tom's shop and Cornfed Archery in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierflogger View Post
    Do you have any FACTS to back that up or do you just like to flap your jaws?

I'll be sure Tom sees this. With a little luck maybe he'll sue you for slander.
    Wow...
    The guy just said what he had heard. Get you panties out of a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by rgletur View Post
    Thanks buck. A buddy of mine used to shoot with him a few years back and frequented his old shop. We've been meaning to pay him a visit, but we couldn't find his hours anywhere. And some people will believe whatever they hear or make their own stuff up just to make themselves look better. Got 2 good shops in the Terre Haute area now (that I know of) Tom's shop and Cornfed Archery in Brazil.
    Thanks for the compliment. It's not my goal to be the biggest but to be recognized as one of the best shops in the area and one that everyone likes to come to.
    Corn Fed Archery- Brazil, IN
    Dealer: Athens, PSE Pro Series, Xpedition, Martin

Corn Fed Custom Strings cornfedarchery. com Facebook us