Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best arrows for 3d???

Best arrows for 3d???

OK, shot my second 3d tournament today, and it was super cold out, but still crazy enjoyable. Here is my issue, Myself and my oldest son are currently shooting easton x7 2212, and am getting tired of slight tweaks and bends in my arrows. Between the 2 of us we Broke 1, bent another 1 and tweaked a 3rd one where nocks don't hold tight.
    We shoot indoor 5 spot as well but think that 3d is gonna be my real fire... I want to shoot 1 bow and 1 type of arrow for both types of shooting. I have about made my mind up to go with carbon arrows, but have read an awful lot of post's on here about having to cull arrows, and not having near the straightness in arrows.
    We just started shooting archery 3 months ago, I am currently shooting low 290's in 300 league. I recently got a much better bow (Alpine pro comp) and it has helped tremendously with my consistency. With shooting 3d my yardage estimation is not the best just yet, so I have a few rogue arrows.
    I know carbon is a little tougher and will hold up somewhat longer to some missed shots and in target arrow collisions, but how great is the trade off in accuracy and straightness in all reality.

Strother infinity 60 black death. "foam slayer"
    Strother vanquish 65 predator "deer drop model"
    Proud supporter of Hideaway Archery, Carthage MO.
    Proud member of Cherokee Bowhunters.
    Www.Southerngreenband.com

Victory xringers
    I shoot them for 3d and spots but will be changing to the xkillers for spots when I get them.

Carbons

A lot of the carbon arrow manufacturers have straightness specs like .001" available. And the weight can be within a grain or 2 or 3 per dozen depending on the arrows you get too. I've never shot aluminums but I can't imagine carbons being a "trade-off". A lot of the pros shoot the carbons with amazing results. Carbon Express, Gold Tip, Easton, and Victory are the brands that come to mind first. I shoot X-cutters from Gold tip and they're very accurate and tough. A buddy shoots the Easton Fatboys with excellent accuracy and resilience.

I shoot the X ringers by Victory. Great arrows and all weigh the same to the grain very straight .001.

carbon express

I am shooting the cxl 250 they are a great 3d arrow because they are light and durable. Also they are a fat shaft so they will help cut lines on paper.

chris
    ELITE PULSE BLACK/CAMO - HUNTING

HOYT ALPHA ELITE RKT - 3D

3d arrows

I shoot beman 9.3`s for 3d and love them!! Plus they are fat shafts for catching that line and they are not as expencive as others i`ve shot!!!
    2013 ROSS CRAVE DRT 33.5
    2014 ROSS HEADHUNTER, 2014 ROSS XD
    Prestige Archery shooting staff..HIPS Targets pro staff
    Black Eagle field staff..Carnivores for 3d and rampages for hunting
    ROSS Archery shooting staff..TREEZYN promotion staff

I use the exact same set up for 3d as I do for 5 spot

the arrows that I choose to use are:

Victory Xringer HV 350 spine V1 fletched with Duravane Fusions

I have great flight with these arrows plus the larger diameter sure doesnt hurt any.

i use easton lightspeeds for 3d and hunting. i haven't had any problems yet. they seem pretty durable

Go with carbon. You will be just as happy and accurate with them. Not to mention you wont hurt the wallet as bad.

I really like the easton fatboy shafts, the other recemmondations you have gotten are good also, xringers and xcutters are also great shafts. IMO there is no tradeoff when comparing aluminum to carbon, I dont think you or I could shoot an aluminum or carbon shaft any better than the other. I have also used 2312 for 3d and they are not a durable shaft at all in comparison to a carbon shaft.
    Hoyt Bows
    CBE Sights
    Carter Release's
    Vapor Trail Strings
    Sure Loc Scopes

I'm a Fatboy fan!

Lien2

I just started shooting Victory VX-22 HV's and I'm pretty happy so far.

"Course the best arrows are the one's that stick in the 11.....I've only seemed to find a few of those. Limited edition I reckon.

Thanks for all the help

You all have been a big help.. thanks so much for all the info.. I think I am gonna look for some of those arrows that stick in the 11 and 12 ring.. those sound like they will help me alot.. lol..
    Probably gonna go carbon... Thanks again
    Strother infinity 60 black death. "foam slayer"
    Strother vanquish 65 predator "deer drop model"
    Proud supporter of Hideaway Archery, Carthage MO.
    Proud member of Cherokee Bowhunters.
    Www.Southerngreenband.com

Gold Tip 22's!!!!
    Terry Jr.

Mathews Regional Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Advisory Shooter Staff
    T.R.U. Ball Releases
    CBE Sights

arrows

I use carbon express arrows
    maxium hunters for hunting or 3d
    or i use 3d selects

Thanks

I have been very pleased with my Carbon Express Linejammers.
    "Somedays it is just not worth chewing through the restraints!"

www.centralcarolinaarchery.com

easton acc work really well,plus you can get good speed on them

X ringers by Victory........... The best arrows Ive Shot by far....
    Practice Journals Created for every archer in mind * Archery Wall Calendars With Some Cool Features * PayPal Accepted and Verfied
    www.sticksnstringsmedia.com ****** https://www.facebook.com/SticksNStringsMedia
    Paypal Verified!!!!!

Gold Tip is the way to go Fat arrow and ultra light! for 3D! Tough as they come! I use pro 22's and X cutters.
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35 ,Hoyt vulcan, Hoyt ultra elite, Hoyt Katera XL, Hoyt Alphamax, Hoyt Turbo Hawk ,Truball axcel 3000, Extreme scope, DMI drop away, Trophy Taker spring steel 2, AEP Custom Stabilizers, specialty archery super peep, Carter release aids, Gold tip pro hunters, GT 22 ultra, CXL Target arrows Blazer vanes, Dura vanes.

acc's

my husband loves the 9.3's, they are nice...but personally i shoot the carbon express cxl 2! i love them, but not sure if they are making them still? might check with the cxl SS. i used the shoot lightspeeds, but i love the fat shaft...its not stingy on lines

Depends on the bow..Spine is the #1 component in accuracy, Aluminum affords the best spine if properly selected for the bow..There are certain carbon shafts that afford durability and consistent spine..My thoughts are:
    Carbon Tech
    CXL2 SS
    Fatboys
    Straightness and weight are over-rated..It is what the bow likes..You will have to test for that along w/nocks and vanes. JMHO..Perfect form will allow you to shoot whatever you want no matter the too-stiff of spine and lack of F.O.C...you will have to find the "Sweet-Spot".
    Threadz Custom Bowstrings
    LEVEL III INSTRUCTOR
    BRIAN'S CUSTOM LENSES

Victories would be the best bet....They have the best to offer in spine / and weight combinations.
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

Smile arrows

Victory

gt 22's or gt x-cutters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast