Thread: Where's Myles Keller?

Where's Myles Keller?

In the mid 90's when I started my bowhunting addiction this guy was in alot of books and magazines and I don't think I have heard his name in 5 years unless someone has a question about an old XI bow. Is he still sending monster whitetails to the medow in the sky?

08 Ross Cardiac37,whisker biscuit,S-coil,kwikee Quiver,Pro Hunter micro sight,Beman ICS Hunter arrows,Steelhead 125's

http://www.facebook.com/people/Myles-Keller/213000087

He's on facebook.

yeah I know.....different one.

Not sure where Myles is. A couple of years ago while in Minnesota met a guy with a deer farm. He bottles urine for a large company that used to sponsor Myles. A while ago, but 100k a year, car, expenses. But you had to produce. Big bucks, B& C stuff. Apparently Myles wasn't "hot" any more.
    Here's a couple of things:

http://www.bowhuntershalloffame.com/...les/index.html

"My wife works with Myles wife and last year he donated a free archery lesson for their office Christmas party that they raffled off with the proceeds going to charity. I can relate a second hand story regarding Myles. I once knew an archery rep who was asked to help video a hunt with Myles for Xi Bows back in the 80's. This was out of state on land that none of them had ever hunted before. He said they were scouting an area when Myles said, "this is the spot" and they put up a treestand. Mike (the rep) was doubtful because, although there was some sign, it just didn't really look like that great of a spot. Well, three days later they killed a buck out of that stand. "

From: http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforum...ages=6&forum=4

He is one of the few guys I am really impressed with....
    I'm not an inspiration; It's just the situation I'm in and I'm doing my best......

He was big when I first got into bowhunting along with Chuck Adams and a young set of Drury brothers. A long time ago!

My first bow (asides from the cub scout special) was a XI Myler Keller addition. With that bow, I killed my first ten whitetails.

Quote Originally Posted by Tax Lawyer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Campo View Post
    He was big when I first got into bowhunting along with Chuck Adams and a young set of Drury brothers. A long time ago!

My first bow (asides from the cub scout special) was a XI Myler Keller addition. With that bow, I killed my first ten whitetails.
    The Myles Keller XI was my first compound bow too, I shot my first doe with it 6yrs ago.
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    2014-15 AT deer contest Team Tall Tines

Thumbs up

Myles Keller , Bob Fratski, Gordy Bently , my dad , these were bowhunters at there best. These were people in this area that made bowhunting what it is today for me.

I am with you Tax Lawyer he will always be at the top of my list. Wanted to just say hello to.

Is anyone going to answer the question?
    DOCTOR! DOCTOR! I broke my arm in two places! Doctor replies, "You should have stayed out of those places."

Just a google search, but found on page 3 an article about an ATA trade show...

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/pub...s_to_ATA.shtml

Addington Goes to ATA
    By Frank Addington, Jr.
    Feb 5, 2008 - 8:52:49 AM

"... It was good to see some old friends and familiar faces. It was good to see folks like Ann Clark, MR James, Dave Staples, Diane Miller, and Myles Keller. Keller has forgotten more about Whitetail Deer than most folks will ever know. I also ran into Tink Nathan, who's still out there promoting the Tink's brand of deer lure after all these years. I first met Tink almost 28 years ago and he hasn't changed a bit. "
    "...Dreams have never made my bed."

Myles is still out and about hunting deer. He still has enough sponsors to pay for his hunting.

I was with the national sale manager (good friend of mine) and Myles the evening that XI hired Myles. It was a hand shake over fried catfish and a couple draft beers in a local tavern.

When Myles went to get rid of some beer my friend asked "What do you think"? I told him he had a diamond in the rough. With proper handling Myles could do XI a lot of good. Myles at that time shot and hunted with a Black Widow. After XI hired him he started shooting XIs and still put a lot of bucks in P & Y. Maybe even more.

Myles does not fit the mold of "celebrity hunter". He doesn't really like to get up in front of a crowd and talk. If you ever stopped and talked to Myles at a booth at one of the archery shows you know what I am talking about. Myles would rather hear about a 120 class buck that YOU shot than tell you about a 170 that he shot. Mayles is kind of quiet and some folks take that as stand offish. I've hunted with Myles on a couple of occasions and he can be talkative and has a pretty good sense of humor.

He REALLY doesn't like to do hunting videos.He did one or two for XI and I'm sure he hated every minute of it.

IOW - In this day an age of entertaining video celebrity hunters Myles just doesn't do that.

BUT - I will gaurantee you that Myles could out hunt any of them if the quarry is big whitetail bucks.

I read on bowsite a few years ago myles was getting a divorce and while his wife was in court, she brought up how she helped him shine.

ever heard that one?

I agree Tax, I remeber reading one time that he did something like 80% of his hunting within 10 miles of house,no food plots,no guides. He went into the big woods and got into a bucks head. If myles hung a tree stand in a mall parking lot and told me to sit there in a south wind I would do it and ask no questions. I took my first few deer with an XI impact bow. I hope he is still doing his thing in the big woods solo,no cameras,no bull.
    08 Ross Cardiac37,whisker biscuit,S-coil,kwikee Quiver,Pro Hunter micro sight,Beman ICS Hunter arrows,Steelhead 125's

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    myles is still out and about hunting deer. He still has enough sponsors to pay for his hunting.

I was with the national sale manager (good friend of mine) and myles the evening that xi hired myles. It was a hand shake over fried catfish and a couple draft beers in a local tavern.

When myles went to get rid of some beer my friend asked "what do you think"? I told him he had a diamond in the rough. With proper handling myles could do xi a lot of good. Myles at that time shot and hunted with a black widow. After xi hired him he started shooting xis and still put a lot of bucks in p & y. Maybe even more.

Myles does not fit the mold of "celebrity hunter". He doesn't really like to get up in front of a crowd and talk. If you ever stopped and talked to myles at a booth at one of the archery shows you know what i am talking about. Myles would rather hear about a 120 class buck that you shot than tell you about a 170 that he shot. Mayles is kind of quiet and some folks take that as stand offish. I've hunted with myles on a couple of occasions and he can be talkative and has a pretty good sense of humor.

He really doesn't like to do hunting videos.he did one or two for xi and i'm sure he hated every minute of it.

Iow - in this day an age of entertaining video celebrity hunters myles just doesn't do that.

but - i will gaurantee you that myles could out hunt any of them if the quarry is big whitetail bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by WEATHERBY460 View Post
    I read on bowsite a few years ago myles was getting a divorce and while his wife was in court, she brought up how she helped him shine.

ever heard that one?
    It is a lie and you should not be on here repeating - "I heard.... BS"
    Last edited by willie; February 5th, 2009 at 09:18 AM.

ever heard that one?
    Don't be the AT jack@ss who starts rumors. Keller doesn't shine deer.

I met him years ago when I was in college and worked at Bass Pro. I sold him a pair of boots. I thought that was who it was, and finally I asked him if he was Myles Keller. He just nodded.

After a while I said "Aren't you the guy who has put more p&Y whitetails in the books than any other hunter?" (this was true at the time, not sure anymore).

Again, he just kind of looked at me and said "Something like that".

Now, take that as you want. Some may consider him "stand-offish", but I took it as a guy who wasn't full of himself at all. He didn't care if I knew who he was, and didn't want to talk about his accomplishments. Believe me, back in those days I met a lot of those "celebrity hunters", due to them coming to the Bass Pro when we did Hunting Classics. Myles was a breed of his own. I like him, think he's a helluva hunter, and am betting that whever he is, he's probably still putting down great bucks.

block target magazine ads

i saw him in a Block ad in some magazine a while back.used to read every article i could about him and his advice,strategies etc. True hunter,no BS ,would be an asset to any pro staff that wanted solid know how without the hype.problem is,Hype sells these days.

ever heard that one?
    This did happen. I'm not saying Keller did anything wrong but his wife brought out some accusations during the divorce. Gotta remember they were going through a divorce and women can be very vendictive. I went through a divorce and lost my shirt to a lying woman