Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rock Solid Ripoff is what I would call it.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by dcraft View Post
    5 different people.......looks like someone should be doing some MATH homework!!!!
    5/1000 is indeed .5% there buddy. No math homework required.
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeArcher View Post
    But what if they were 5 Really big people? That could in theory equal "Ton's of people". For all we know he is a Philosophy Wiz Kid!
    Hey thanks SaltLakeAcher, I never thought of it that way.....Hmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by dcraft View Post
    Hey thanks SaltLakeAcher, I never thought of it that way.....Hmmmmmmm
    I got your back brother, as a fellow archer/golfer/Metallica-er

Quote Originally Posted by CherryJu1ce View Post
    5/1000 is indeed .5% there buddy. No math homework required.
    I wonder what the % will be after people get done viewing this thread? Bad service=loss of sales. At least one that I know of.

Woops

Looks like the updated count is up to 13 dissatisfied customers. 1.3%...and counting
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

Looks like the updated count is up to 13 dissatisfied customers. 1.3%...and counting
    Ironic, that's the exact percentage of my succesful marriages.

how in the world does cherry juice know there is a thousand orders.maybe there is quite a bit less orders and the percentage is way higher.he doesnt know so why he would sit here and defend someone with no info just something he is throwing out doesnt make sense.not to mention who knows how many people in total are out there having the same experience and just dont happen to be on at right now.
    Obsession Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Archer View Post
    Pissed........Yeah alittle! Quit, Hummmm not really, since I only help when I have days off from my real job and half the nights I'm online! But needless to say I've given answers most of the time after I've called him but..... today I told Tripp its his turn to take care of these.

As far as the taking orders when we are slammed. Well the last part of Dec we weren't too slammed so we ran the special. Thats when we got Slammed with about 3 to 4 pages of orders. And when the orders are mostly internet orders .....he can't just turn the website off until he gets caught up!

But I'm just gonna take a Break until Tripp gets his head straight! And once he figures where he wants to go with the business. We'll go again. But Jack's on vacation from the BS right now!!

VA

Actually, that's exactly what can and should be done.. For example, go to Barnsdale Archery. Right there on the front page it states the custom shop is closed.

Locking threads on AT, making posts that orders are not being accepted, and updating a company webpage with shipping timelines and backlogs is exactly what should be done... And very simple to do at that. ----- Ounce of prevention vs. a pound of cure..
    Team LOFT: Achieving new levels of sucking, one arrow at a time.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine".......Mark Twain

So your saying all 1126 string order customers are reading this thread? I bet you would get a hell of a lot more than 5 my friend. The sad thing is they make a hell of a bowstring, but what good is a great product if your customer service sucks! That statement goes back to your example of "limb failure percentage"

I'm NOT bashing the quality of the product.

Thanks for the heads up guys.
    famous Chris Bracket quote.
    "BUT THE MAIN REASON I SHOOT A RAGE IS THAT IF A GIANT WHITETAIL STEPS OUT AND I ONLY HAVE ONE SHOT AND ITS VITALS ARE BEHIND A TREE I CAN PULL MY PIN TO THE CENTER OF ITS GUTS AND PULL THE TRIGGER AND THE BUCK WONT BE FATHER THEN 100 YARDS 6 HOURS LATER!!!! DEAD DEER WALKING!!!!! BOOYAH!!!!!!"

Ttt

As i said early on the guys that have bad dealings with this guy. Really need to leave feedback for this guy so others dont get ripped off. Some poor guy could be out 650 bucks look at this thread. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=840858

If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them
    you will not know them, and what you do not know
    you will fear. What one fears one destroys.

Chief Dan George

Maybe, just maybe there was a hostile take over and some Oompa Loompa's now own Rock Solid! Or the fat kid could still be stuck in the pipe!
    Alpine Fireball F1

Sad really.
    From most accounts here he builds a good product.
    From most accounts here he is dishonest with paying customers.
    Good honest communication could have prevented these 3 pages of back & forth comments on this business & its owner.

This thread will probably be a big blow to his AT business,possibly be a death nail like a former bow press builder that no longer does business here that was doing the same business practices here,(good product & lousy customer service!)

When you order a set of strings and the email confirmation says "String Order 1609 Completed", it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how many orders they've filled. Or does it???

Must have been usin' some of that McCain logic on that one...
    You think it s acceptable to have 13 pissed off customers who just happen to read this thread (you know there are way more)?
    What other string maker still in business would have this many?
    none
    Do a poll and find out

You can't please everyone when running a business but blowing people off and not responding is unacceptable. I would bet you 50 cents if it was your order 3 months old with no communication you would be singing a different tune..
    Keep people informed with an accurate estimate build date and let them decide if that is acceptable or don't take anymore orders until caught up
    Last edited by parkerbows; February 10th, 2009 at 07:39 AM.

I can understand 1 customer MAYBE 2, but 13 from the same site? I doubt many more than that ordered from him.
    Alpine Fireball F1

A message to the fan boys and staffers. If you deal on AT and Rip off lets just say 13 people what would you expect to happen. How many people is it acceptable for rock solid strings to screw you tell me. What percentage of people can walk away with nothing and that is cool with you. Now I ask the rest of Archery talk since these guys say they are now on vacation How much of your hard earned cash are you willing to risk on a company that will give you what is our current chance a 1.3% chance you will get nothing but a long term headache? There is no way it is 13 either. Heck a staff shooter said it took a month to get his strings. If that is how staff is treated then well lets just say there are plenty and then some spinning great strings on AT so enjoy your Rock Solid strings. I have a feeling they will be collecters items soon enough.
    <+><

Oh hey so some guys didn't get their orders it is just a few orders no big deal.
    He makes good stuff. It is worth the wait. Just a little mixup. Please these lame remarks make me

What about the fact the owner LIES to people who purchased strings. Lost between the seats. Lost in the mail. Ice storms huricanes floods. Instead of being straight with people a long time ago. Is that also acceptable to you fellas? How many lies to customers is acceptable what percentage of that is good for you?
    <+><

Folks, lets keep this thread to the discussion, and see if we can help out those whom are in need.

The borderline personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will the peeing match. Those who wish to continue on that tact will find themselves dry docked for a spell

Clear enough?!

Funny you should mention that. Unfortunately I have to drop a name here, but I recently ordered a string and cables from H&M bowstrings (which by the way are also of the highest quality, backed by a great guy), and they took an entire month to get to me. I was a little upset at first, thinking that an AT string maker would be able to get them out faster than that, but the quality more than made up for the wait. Even if you order Winner's Choice, they take about a month (at least they do from the shop I shoot at). Let's not start any crap like "Oh this guy should be banned." It's nonsense...if there's a legitimate problem the moderators will do their job and handle it accordingly. If RSS wants to stay in business and keep collecting orders from AT members, they'll get the problem taken care of and be on their way. Everyone just RELAX.
    I don't think anyone is complaining about the wait there fella. I can almost bet that H&M bowstrings did not tell you that you would have the strings in a week.....then you got them in a month. He probably told you up front, or would have if you would have asked about the wait. RSS on the other hand, said 1 week....then the post office lost them, too many walk in customers, a trade show came up, they will be sent tomorrow, they were sent yesterday, the post office lost them again.........are you starting to see my point yet? And the kicker.....I was a dealer, pushing this guys product!!! UNBELIEVABLE!

Rss

I have absolutely no dog in this fight.

But, MrSinister...you have made your point loud and clear. One ATer marked off my list for my new strings.

FYI: I and I am sure others on AT do read posts from other customers before buying things like strings. I love the fact that I can spend my hard to come by money with others who share the same passions as me. However, I expect to be treated fairly and honestly.

Can anyone really come to this thread and defend someone with this amont of negative feedback?
    West "By God" Virginia
    14 Bowtech Carbon Knight Black Ops

When you order a set of strings and the email confirmation says "String Order 1609 Completed", it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how many orders they've filled. Or does it???

Must have been usin' some of that McCain logic on that one...
    wonder how many between 0001 and 1609 was NOT completed ????
    I stand behind my Faith in God and I am proud of Avatar. I earned the right to fly it
    Our Lord Standing beside you and me !!

[QUOTE=Grey Eagle;1053851587]Folks, lets keep this thread to the discussion, and see if we can help out those whom are in need.

The borderline personal attacks will not be tolerated, nor will the peeing match. Those who wish to continue on that tact will find themselves dry docked for a spell

Clear enough?![/QUOTE]

Most certainly.

If your in need of a string and cable , and you have gotten your money back from paypal..
    Try another builder from the classifieds...If your unsure of him/her PM a seasoned member on the forum here , I'm sure anyone of them
    can give you the heads up on the builder before you order

I'm making a phone call right NOW!

Tripp, Please answer the phone!

Kent
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME,[/COLOR] DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

Im just happy i know how to make them..
    Florida meat hunters: Killing tomorrows trophy today because we dont have a chance anyways.

Thumbs down rock solid

can you say integrity?
    Hoyt Turbohawk,QAD ultra LD,Viper slider 3x,victory 308 gr,315+fps
    Bear lights Out,blue target color,ripcord, 3x cobra slid
    Mathews Legacy ,ripcord,HHA optimiser ultra ,beman
    Hoyt Rampage XT,QAD ultra LD,cobra 6 pin,terminater wf,rage 2 blade
    80 lb Pearson freedom for the big stuff

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast