Thread: PSE brute vs. PSE bowmadness

PSE brute vs. PSE bowmadness

Looking to purchase a new bow. I have shot several with the brute being my favorite so far. Have not shot the bow madness yet. Does anybody have any experience with both bows that could shed a little light. I also like the Bear lights out very well with the brute just edging it out. I just want to get the best for my money.

the brute is hard to beat for the money,much better quality than the bear.which bow madness you looking at?

I was really impressed with the Brute, I got the Bowmadness 32 because I got a great deal on it, otherwise I would have gotten the Brute. For the most part the bowmadness just felt faster to me. You should try and shoot them back to back though, may help. Try the Bengal at the same time, same price as the brute, it was pretty smooth too.

shoot them both, the Brute is great, even better wiht a sounders slide IMHO.

try & look for the Marin Bengal as well, great bow, good luck
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

I need to shoot a bow madness yet but I was thinking about the regular model 32" I think. I also wonder about brace heights. What makes more better? I think the 09 brute has an 8" brace height while the bow madness is only just over 7". Thanks for the replies.

I was looking in what seems to be your price range. have you tried the Diamond Rock?

everywhere I went noone had a left handed Brute for me to try out.

I ended up buying a used Guardian. for my limited budget I feel I got more bow for my money.

I liked the rock but then again it was the only bow I had ever had the chance to shoot.... being left handed kinda sucks cause most smaller pro shops don't stock left handed bows

sean

Quote Originally Posted by crazyseany View Post
    I was looking in what seems to be your price range. have you tried the Diamond Rock?

everywhere I went noone had a left handed Brute for me to try out.

I ended up buying a used Guardian. for my limited budget I feel I got more bow for my money.

I liked the rock but then again it was the only bow I had ever had the chance to shoot.... being left handed kinda sucks cause most smaller pro shops don't stock left handed bows

sean
    I want to try a rock. My local proshop carries them and that was one I want to shoot. I want shoot about three more next weekend and hopefully can make my decision from there.

Is there anybody who give a quick low down on brace heights. I always read that more is better or (more forgiving) but dont know why. I have been out of this scene for about 15 years and just want to make educated decisions about what I am doing. Thanks.

I just got my BM 32 tonight and love the way its shoots, give it a try before purchasing the brute

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawkrider View Post
    Is there anybody who give a quick low down on brace heights. I always read that more is better or (more forgiving) but dont know why. I have been out of this scene for about 15 years and just want to make educated decisions about what I am doing. Thanks.
    well IO believe the thing on the brace height is the arrow is hooked to the string less time with more brace..... so a higher one is more forgiving.

I think in my case I bought one that has a 7 1/8 brace... from reading was told to get one over 7 inches.

I also went and got some instruction on shooting it before I ever sent an arrow thru it. I feel this base is going to get me off on the right foot right away!!

Sean

I just received my BM XL (36" ATA) a month ago and just love it. It's super smooth and at 60 pounds it spits out a 311 grain maxima 250 at 294 FPS! Perfect bullet hole through paper at 10 feet also.

I'm also left handed and had a hard time finding bows to shoot. I fell in love with the Brute but waited to shoot as many other left handed bows as I could side by side. I specifiaclly waited to find a ROck to shoot after reading good reviews of it. I found the Rock to have more vibration and be "harsher "to shoot than the Brute. Then they handed me a Diamond Iceman. All I can say is wow. That is a nice bow. However for the price differnce and being my first bow I went with the Brute. IT has been a great bow and I love to shoot it. I'm learning as much as I can about shooting and tuning. Perhaps I'll upgrade in a year or two but now I'm real happy with my Brute.

The PSE Brute is a very nice bow. You'll get good work out of that one with very little investment of time and money.

The Bow Madness is a great bow....but then my wife and I each own one.

Unfortunately, the Bow Madness does require some add ons to make it extremely shootable.

One - you do need a good stabilizer. At higher draw weights, you need to have something with a decent amount of weight at the end to prevent what I call the "Bow Madness Kick". The kickout occurs after firing, and the torque will force the bottom cam to move outwards towards your draw arm.

My wife sees little to no kick. I see a bunch of it.

Two - the strings and cables suck. You will need to get new ones.

Three - the draw curve can be harsh for some. It took my wife a bit to get used to it compared to her Razor Edge, which had a far softer cam.

It's still a killer bow. I like it.

-Steve
    My Bows-Two '09 Hoyt Ultra Elite/'10 Athens eXceed 300
    Wife - 2006 Hoyt UltraTec
    Son - 2009 Hoyt UltraElite GTX/2013 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX/2014 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX
    USA Archery Judge/ Level 3 Coach

I have the PSE Diablo which was a Pro Series bow and looks and shhots just like the Brute. I love mine and would highly recomend that for sure. The Bow madness is good too but for the price you cant beet the brute!!!
    Psalm 18:32-34 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Pse?

I shot the brute "only" thus far and I loved it , for the money it is a kick butt little rig. I will try the B/M and the Brute back to back and see what I like the best, but my money is on the Brute.
    NFAA Certified Advanced Instructor
    Bow Tint, pro staff. Outtech Pro staff.
    Easton staff shooter , Hammer Bow Hanger Pro staff

pse

+1 for the madness... owned a madnessXL but my brother had a regular madness and loved it, we are just stuck on Mathews so he sold it to get a Reezen, he kinda thinks he messed up by doing that but to late now!!!!
    Goldtip Arrows -Shrewd Archery - Vortex Optics - Bohning Products-- Spot On Bowstrings--Truball

I have a PSE Brute and love it. The Madness is supposed to be a model step up. They are great bows and you'll be happy with either one.
    Love what you have; Be grateful for what you receive; Give what you can and always remember; what goes around, comes around... Live Well... Be Wise.
    Martin-Rytera, PSE, Browning, Samick Bows.