Status
Not open for further replies.

2009 Vegas Shoot-Off Video!!!!!!

Tags
alfreohoyt
91K views 109 replies 92 participants last post by  JamesRittimann 
#1 ·
#3 ·
All I can say is WOW. I am glad I was fortunate enough to see that shoot off. My hat is off to both Lundin and Reo for their performance, I left the shoot off when they announced Lundin had a 30, so I missed the challenge call, wish I would have stayed longer, especially when my shuttle ended up being late. lol. But anyways, good job you two, excellent shooting.

#5 ·
Can't help wondering if Lundin came away thinking he got robbed after the challenge. :suspiciou
I know, if I was announced the winner of a tournament in a foreign country and it got reversed, I would be suspicious unless the target showed it was no doubt.
Sure would like to see that particular target!

#8 ·
I doubt it, also I missed the part were he was "announced" the winner. His initial score was annouced, and per the rules, a second and third judge was needed to call one of his arrows. His "official" score was then announced and Reo won. Period.

#9 ·
Will never get it loaded up to see it at 28.8 kbps. :cry: But o well was fun listning to the play by play on sunday.:thumbs_up AC

#12 ·
Reo and Lundin both thought the arrow was out and where surprised when the 1st judge called it in. So, Reo challenged the call.
The system worked perfectly. :thumbs_up
Give credit where credit is due!
Way to go Reo! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

#14 ·
I will say one thing, for an archer, this is like watching the Masters. The best in the game are there, and only those at the top of their game are standing at the end. No one can deny that Reo has been the most consistant shooter as of late, shooting some of the best score we have ever seen.

#16 ·
Thank You AT and Staff for an Outstanding Job!!!!

#20 ·
congrats reo

i had the opurtunity to shoot with reo on a coulple ocasions and hes a great guy not to mention a tank of a shooter....good for him he broke threw and one a big one...congrats reo and to morgan for giving him a run for his money
corey

#29 ·
Great post, Magnus. :thumbs_up
You're an enlightened man !
I agree 100% with everything you said !

#33 ·
CONGRATULATIONS to BOTH REO AND MORGAN

Congratulation to both Morgan and Reo for a great shoot-off. Rules were played by and a champion was named, that does not take anything away from the tremendous shoot-off! We may see changes in the announcing in the future, we learn as we go, but the first judge called it a 30 and it was announced as he called it! Reo was wise to challenge an arrow he saw was out and had 2 other judges agree. Enough said! Morgan keep up the great shooting you'll win it with that kind of tenacity, you are obviously a tremedous champion already!

#34 ·
Watch the video

It was a great shoot off... and I was very glad to be able to see it in person. Great Shooting by ALL!!!

I don't get the people saying that Morgan was announced the winner and then it was taken away from him. He was never announced the winner. (watch the video).

The 1st judge's scores were read... and then the other judges were brought in immediately to do the follow up calls. There was never a mention of anyone being the winner during that 11th end.

Being able to challenge a call is well within the rules, so what did you want them to do? Not read off the 1st judge's call?

I think they proceeded and handled the announcing and the challenge exactly right.

Congrats to Reo... amazing shooting.

#36 ·
It was a great shoot off... and I was very glad to be able to see it in person. Great Shooting by ALL!!!

I don't get the people saying that Morgan was announced the winner and then it was taken away from him. He was never announced the winner. (watch the video).

The 1st judge's scores were read... and then the other judges were brought in immediately to do the follow up calls. There was never a mention of anyone being the winner during that 11th end.

Being able to challenge a call is well within the rules, so what did you want them to do? Not read off the 1st judge's call?

I think they proceeded and handled the announcing and the challenge exactly right.

Congrats to Reo... amazing shooting.
JeffS

The reason I refered to Morgan being "announced as the winner" is because, when the initial call was made by the first judge and the announcer made it public, triggered a response from the crowd. Now in a normal person example me, the announcement and the first call by the judge would trigger an associatiative response i e your brain takes the input and puts two and two togheter automatic. (if your oponent is scored 29 and you 30, that would imply "I win" in your brain right?")

I am not implying that Morgan was "robbed" of his victory or foul play of any kind. I am just stating some of the things that i thought of while watching the shoot-off.

However as I stated earlier, it doesn´t make Reos or Morgans achievements any less incredible.

Magnus

#37 ·
I'm on a Cable modem and it gets to Reo introducing himself and then quits.

Any chance that this video could be uploaded to you tube?

#38 ·
I'm in Australia, I saw the shoot-off through a link on Archery Forum and found it 'compulsory viewing'. The introduction at the beginning was a boring pain in the ass, but after that 10 out of 10. We need to all see more of that stuff to make us all better archers, both mentally and form wise.

The form thing is very interesting, coaches say that you must do this and that, and change like the seasons. Probably, following their 'gods' like sheep and justifying there teaching parameters. Seems to me at Vegas we have straight bow arms, bent bow arms, high elbows, low elbows, long time at full draw, very little time at full draw. These guys are ALL top archers all shooting with different technique, but for me, one thing stood out.
They were all as steady as a rock at full draw and waited for the shot to happen.

Well done to all involved and congratulations to Reo, good to see he can miss too when it counts, but still win. :wink:

#39 ·
I'm in Australia, I saw the shoot-off through a link on Archery Forum and found it 'compulsory viewing'. The introduction at the beginning was a boring pain in the ass, but after that 10 out of 10. We need to all see more of that stuff to make us all better archers, both mentally and form wise.

The form thing is very interesting, coaches say that you must do this and that, and change like the seasons. Probably, following their 'gods' like sheep and justifying there teaching parameters. Seems to me at Vegas we have straight bow arms, bent bow arms, high elbows, low elbows, long time at full draw, very little time at full draw. These guys are ALL top archers all shooting with different technique, but for me, one thing stood out.
They were all as steady as a rock at full draw and waited for the shot to happen.
Well done to all involved and congratulations to Reo, good to see he can miss too when it counts, but still win. :wink:
Bingo!!!! Just goes to prove that what works for one may not work for another. One thing for sure. You can bet that they are CONSISTANT in their form. Yes I know there was only one winner. But in my book anybody that can shoot a 899-900 at Vegas ------------ain't too shabby either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.