Thread: Let's hear it for the GIRLS!

Thumbs up Let's hear it for the GIRLS!

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife survey published in 2007 shows that the number of female hunters, about 10% of the nation's 12.5 million hunters, has grown slightly since 1991, but it showed significant growth among the youngest female hunters.
    According to the survey, 304,000 girls ages 6 to 15 hunted from 2001 through 2006 — a 50% increase in the number of young girls hunting from 1991 through 1996.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ls-women_N.htm

Girl Power!

Last edited by 2005Ultramag; February 11th, 2009 at 11:02 PM.
    ... and just so you know... Mega-Lefty here! ---->>>>
    The safest person in a gun free zone is the one with a gun.

Good post My daughter turns 6 next week and shes already shooting a bow. I hope to have her in the woods at 8
    Arrow wraps ----> bowmanhunter.com--**AUTHORIZED RHINO BLINDS DEALER**
    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.
    I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

Way to go.

Keep it up ladies!
    Lancaster Archery Supply - ProLine Bowstrings - Doinker Stabilizers

Prime Alloy - G5 Optix XR2 - QAD Ultra HDX - GT Hunters - G5 T3 / Strikers

Yep my 7 year old daughter is now on her second bow and loves all outdoor activities and wildlife.
    Pick a spot, a small spot!

YEA! Since the people who replied earlier have young girls, something my dad and granddad taught me while hunting was self-sufficience. I started from a very young age but was not treated any different than a seasoned hunter. I was taught to gut what I kill, pick out my own stand site, hang my own stands, tune mine own bow, track a kill, etc. And I think that now helps me not depend on a man to go hunting with and made me love the sport even more. Most of my girlfriends, etc that hunt only go b/c of a man in their lives I wish we could get more women to go b/c they love it. I think taking your little girls at a young age really starts that independence! Make them earn there keep, I guess is what I am getting at!

Great News!

Quote Originally Posted by RAZORBACK_GIRL View Post
    YEA! Since the people who replied earlier have young girls, something my dad and granddad taught me while hunting was self-sufficience. I started from a very young age but was not treated any different than a seasoned hunter. I was taught to gut what I kill, pick out my own stand site, hang my own stands, tune mine own bow, track a kill, etc. And I think that now helps me not depend on a man to go hunting with and made me love the sport even more. Most of my girlfriends, etc that hunt only go b/c of a man in their lives I wish we could get more women to go b/c they love it. I think taking your little girls at a young age really starts that independence! Make them earn there keep, I guess is what I am getting at!
    That's great!

All my city girl wife likes about hunting is that it saves her money at the meat counter in the store.

That is great news. The only problem with the article is they are claiming the lowest numbers of hunters of any poll I've ever seen. Most research services would show a number in the 20 million range, claiming only 12.5 million is way off.

Thats great! My daughter is 6 and loves shooting her bow and going on short hunts with Dad. Both of us can't wait untill she is old enough to hunt!

Mark

awesome!!! My daughter hunted with me the last two years. She decided she can't pull the trigger, but she does want to be my videographer!! I don't care if she ever wants to kill as long as she goes along and supports me and my son!!!
    Nimhates (neem-HOTT-ess = Delaware Indian word for "Bowhunter")
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff
    Grim Reaper Pro Staff
    Buckeye Big Bucks Club
    Pope&Young Club

Cool. I have a little girl now and another on the way that will be bolstering that statistic.
    NYS Certified Bowhunting Instructor
    New York Bowhunters Inc. - County Rep

I have two girls and those two seem to show an interest in archery and hunting. I have their bows ready, just waiting on them to get a touch older/stronger. One is going on 3 and the other is 4 1/2. Future hunting buddies!

Enjoy stories like that, thanks for sharing!
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

Great~!

I just took my 27th month lil girl to the woods for the first time last week. She LOVED it. She thinks finding "Deer Poopy" is the next best thing to
    Dora! ha! (I wish i was kidding!)

And I can say and my whole family will contest to the fact that her very first word was "Deer"
    She see a lot of it
    I have nothing to say.