Thread: 2008 Diamond Black Ice - Cable Slide

2008 Diamond Black Ice - Cable Slide

I have an 08 BLACK ICE, and recently replaced the string and was advised by the pro shop to replace the "junk" cable slide that came on the bow. The replacement was the "sims virgin teflon" slide which pulls the cable and string a bit further to the side away from the rest. Which I thought was a good thing as far as fletching clearance , but now the "X-coat" on the "winner's choice" string , is wearing and fraying on the top wheel after just 200 arrows! Any one else have issues with the cable and string coming off of the wheel at too steep an angle with an aftermarket slide? What else will work besides the stock slide that is supposedly "junk"? Thanks guys ,(and girls)!

Same issue as you on my 2007. I even see the string serving is getting frayed. Also noticed a little cam lean on mine. I was having a clearance issue with blazer vanes if I pointed the odd vane left or right. My odd vane is pointed up.
    2007 Diamond Black Ice
    Montana Black Gold Super 7/ Carolina Whisker Biscuit
    Trufire Hurricane Foldback / Gold Tip 7595 Pro Hunter

A long day in the woods sure beats a long day at work!!

I've always had good luck with the Bomars. You'll want to have one mounted up to see if the same clearance issue is there. Winners Choice is also making a pretty nice slide, but same issue. You may have to do some experimenting if you are set on using an aftermarket slide.

Check your cam and idler lean with an arrow. you may have to adjust for the side pull of the new slide.

I also run a Bomar. Just another Teflon slide, but have had no problems.
    Why do I put myself through this??

Mine did the same thing when I put a Saunders slide on it. I had to twist the right side of the yoke(right handed bow) and even the idler wheel out. It was eating my top serving pretty good before I fixed the lean.
    '07 Diamond Black Ice w/MeanV
    Viper Predator Microtune in Hardwoods
    G5 Expert II camo
    Carter Quickie 1+
    CX Maxima Hunter 350 w/100 grain G5 Montecs

Thanks guys. Just had the X-coat string replaced with a served string and the wheel lean was adjusted towards the cable slide to alleviate some of the steep angle coming off of the wheel. Now my timing is off but ATA is good. Do I take twists out to get my two dots inside the limb or twist the string? Brce height is perfect too. What will just rotate the cam in towards the riser? String?

Look real hard at the inside of your cable glide and make sure there is no burr on the inside that will tear up your cable. I have found this on one than one type also, just be sure.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson 1802
    Dealer: Darton, Target Boy Targets, Specialty Archery, and more!

The issue is at where the string comes off the wheel not at the glide but I will keep an eye on that. Thanks