Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoothest Draw Cycle?

Smoothest Draw Cycle?

Been shooting recurves but the fingers are giving out and the upper body strength aint the greatest either.

I really like the way the M2 cams feel on the Martin bows like the MOAB

I also like the 2 cam Mission UX2 and the one cam Journey

The last compound I owned was a Z cam Martin Jaguar that pulled very smoothly but had no real back wall. It seems like many of the bows are a bear to break over. Really trying to find a smooth one that still has an IBO rating of 310 or better.

I also like them to be under 4 pounds, 50-60 @ 28 and I'm thinking I might prefer something 34 to 37 or 38 inches ATA.

Go to alot of 3d and do very well with the recurve but don't enter organized competitions and will also hunt it from treestands and ground blinds (recurve model, lol).

It's hard to get around and try them all. But if I get some suggestion I'll sure try. Thanks for the help, Craig

Hi craig. Take a look at Monster Bows. Since you were a recurve shooter, this would be a great transition. The Monster Bows Phoenix and Dragon are camless compound bows with recurve outboard limbs. It has close to the simplicity of a recurve bows, with the speed and let-off of a compound bow, and the back wall is rock-solid.

You want to upgrade and feel a smooth draw with all the benifits of a compount: Try the Bowtech SWAT. SUPER SMOOTH. SUPER and I mean Super worth the money. Try one, only 650 bucks.

matthews switchback is the ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Mrohr1 View Post
    You want to upgrade and feel a smooth draw with all the benifits of a compount: Try the Bowtech SWAT. SUPER SMOOTH. SUPER and I mean Super worth the money. Try one, only 650 bucks.
    I was standing in line to try the SWAT, and I was told to try the Sniper... It sucked and I didn't even go to the SWAT....
    That being said, I shot both the AM32, 35, REEZEN and The Captain...
    I can tell ya this... Folks are buyin the AM32 for a reason, It is just simply awesome. Both in draw and in general feel...
    Guys on here that shoot Bowtechs, mathews, PSE or anything else are pickin these things up and buyin em up like hot cakes....

All of the lever limb bows fit the bill. Oneida, Monster and such. Those are tops on the list nothing smoother. Now one more thought something I have found of late. If you take a PSE X Force and buy it with a set of 50lb draw weight limbs you will have more speed than the average lever limb bow shooting 15lb more draw weight and let me tell you 50lb draw weight feels real nice. My 50lb X Force with 27 inch modules installed will send a 350 grain arrow down range at 263fps. That isn't an IBO number it is a real speed with a peep installed and a D loop. Smooth is kind of hard to quantify. I say you have to consider how much draw weight it takes to send a given arrow weight a given speed. You will get all kinds of posts on here but you will have to do some shooting and decide on your own what works for you. There is lots of ways to get a smooth draw these days.
    <+><

I've wondered about a faster bow at 50#. I'll try a few.

I've also noticed all the talk about that AM32. How does the AM35 compare to it?

I havent seen a lever bow in alot of years. If I find out who has them, I'll give one a try.

What I'm looking for are the bows out there that are known for being easy to roll that cam over and still have respectable speed and good shooting qualities. Thanks everyone, more?

Mission

Give the Mission Buckmaster a try very smooth. Compares to the Mathews S2 and the Switchback XT. Mission Buckmaster is around $550

Quote Originally Posted by The smackdown View Post
    matthews switchback is the ticket

X2
    Ask anyone who has ever shot it. Look at my sig.
    2005 Switchback, 29in., 70lbs., BuckNasty's, Hunter HoggIt w/wrap, B-Stinger, 28"Axis 340's, TT,
    438gr @ 275fps

Wife- 2008 Martin Moab 45-60lbs Nano Axis 500's,WB, Real Deal w/wrap

Hertz Pro Staff
    Official Card Carrying Member of Tribe Bucknasty.

Elite GTO !! I have drawn that bow with smoothness in mind so I concentrated very hard on the draw cycle and it has absolutely no humps or variations in the draw at all!! Stiff bow to draw but find the right weight for you and you cannot find a smoother bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly2 View Post
    I also like them to be under 4 pounds, 50-60 @ 28 and I'm thinking I might prefer something 34 to 37 or 38 inches ATA.
    Try to track down a Diamond Nitrous to shoot. They are a mix between the Marquis and the Black Ice. They are 35" ATA with a very smooth cam. The Nitrous and Black Ice are always talked about on these "Smoothest Draw" threads. Plus you can get one at a great price. They are selling new in the box in the classifieds between $400 and $425.

Also like someone else posted. Maybe try an X-Force at 50lbs. I shot a X-Force Dream Season last week and feel in love with it. They are scary fast and you should get decent speed at 50lbs.

Another option would be a Ross Carnivore. They make a 34" model. This is another bow that shows up often in these smoothest draw discussions.

I dont care what people say, i shot my first MONSTER (not mathews) today.

They have no competition in the smoothness dept.

If you want a bow thats more readily available, check out the diamond liberty, smooth as silk.

my elite gt500 is super smooth but its still feels heavier than it is, so maybe a bowmaddness xs for the money its the smoothest i shot.

you might want to look at the bear archery line of bows. the truth bows are the smoothest drawing bow imho. they are also light and have an ibo of 318 fps. my cousin has the truth 2 and the draw is amazingly smooth. we were shooting at our club and some mathews target shooters were there and asked to draw his truth 2 back. the look on their faces were priceless. they couldnt believe how easy and smooth that bow draws. they kept passing it back and forth. they were amazed.

PSE Bow Madness XL
    Matt Millard

2013 ASA Classic Open A CHAMPION

Super smooth draws = Mathews Bows
    Black Widow PSA
    Goldtip Traditionals
    Simmons Treesharks

Parker also makes an EZ Draw cam that is very smooth even at higher poundages. I would take a look at one of these as well.

+1 on the Parker. They have 2 ez Draw models right now. The Legend and now the Blackhawk EZ. I shot the Blackhawk XP last year. It was nice.

The Ross Carnivore also has an amazing draw cycle. Shot it at the ATA show. It was the smoothest drawing bow I shot there.
    I like tacos!

A Drenalin LD would be pretty close in weight. It is 4.15 pounds. it is also 37 ata with a 315 ibo. I would also give it a whirl if i were you. it is so smooth to pull back.

i think with alot of the single cam bows today you won't have a problem having them be smooth or hard in the last part of the draw. just play around and have fun shooting some bows.
    Mathew's Switchback
    Mathew's Z7 Magnum

Oneida

I just bought an Oneida Aero Force. I have a Martin jaguar with a dyna cam that .Im replaceing with the Oneida.
    I tried a lot of differant bows and nothing compares to the Oneida the Martln is the smoothest wheel bow Ive ever shot. If you are into Martins look for one with the Dyna cam its smoother than the M-Pro cam. I have mine posted in the classifieds.
    But if you want the smooth you cant beat an Oneida
    Mike

I've also noticed all the talk about that AM32. How does the AM35 compare to it?

I havent seen a lever bow in alot of years. If I find out who has them, I'll give one a try.

What I'm looking for are the bows out there that are known for being easy to roll that cam over and still have respectable speed and good shooting qualities. Thanks everyone, more?
    Oneida bows are very smooth with respectable speed with great shooting qualitys. We have a map of oneida bows with locations listed where you can check one out at http://www.oneidabows.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1383
    If you see one at a location near you please contact us and we can arrange for you to check one out.
    AMERICAN EAGLE BOWS
    WWW.AMERICANEAGLEBOWS.COM
    QUALITY AFTERMARKET ONEIDA/SALES/SERVICE/INFORMATION

American Eagle Bows Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ameri...wall&filter=12

The smoothest drawing, quietest bows I have shot for a long time are PSE's Bow Madness bows. The new solo cam system is by far the smoothest and quietest they have had. Plus a huge beniefit is the price. Very affordable and they are fast and accurate too! I have the XS that I absolutely love shooting. I actually have 2 and trying to sell one of them. Give em a try! You won't be dissapointed with the bow or the price!
    Jared "J-Rod" Bloomgren

-Getting close to game undetected and maintaining self control while delivering a well placed shot are the true keys to bowhunting success." -M.R. James

Hoyt Alphamax, nice bow, but has a rather hard breakover compared to what I'd prefer, so I'm assuming for what your looking for not the ticket....but....it doesn't hurt to try anything at a shop.

Just to help make a little sense of what I posted earlier. My son couldn't draw my oneida set to 65lb. Quite simply too much weight but he could easily draw my 50lb X Force. That seems a fair comparison one he couldn't draw and one he could draw easily. He was trying. That being said the X force was clocking an average of 10fps faster. I never can figure out if guys are looking for smooth in terms of even draw, large valley, easy to draw. Like I said it is a slipery thing to get ahold of when someone says smooth draw. It means different things to different people. You may have a hard time finding 50lb bows to try out but always remember to have something there to clock what you are shooting. Something that feels more harsh to you may not feel that way when you lower the draw weight down to the point where it is shooting the same speed as the bow next to it that feels smooth. We usually compare bows all set to the same draw weight I don't see that as the measure. Enjoy the search. There are tons of bows out there to try out. The lever limb croud will be helpfull in terms of hooking you up with some of their own bows to try out. Most guys are always happy to let someone have a shot or two from their bow.
    <+><

smooth

The smoothest drawing bow I've ever shot was a Bowtech Allegiance with the smooth mods. Just take a look at the draw force curve map. They have it on www.bowreports.com. I've shot a lot of different bows. The Allegiance with smooth mods is the smoothest, easiest drawing bow I've tried.
    Elite GT500
    Bowtech 82nd Airborne
    Bowtech Guardian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast