a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Allegiance draw stop adjustment???

Allegiance draw stop adjustment???

I just bought a new '08 Allegiance and have only had two other bows neither of which had a draw stop as far as I know. I do like it becasue this bow has a hard back wall. It looks like the draw stop is adjustable. Why would I adjust this and what will that do?

The only time you adjust the draw stop is to set it for a different draw length or micro adjust let-off. If you move it to far it may lock up at full draw. I wouldn't recommend moving it until you read up on it. Bowtech has a chart that shows where the stop should be set for each draw length module.

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/downlo...08_ModPost.pdf
    Last edited by Deer30; February 23rd, 2009 at 06:44 AM.

You can make pretty big adjustments by moving the drawstop in just tiny movements. As Bowtech states in the manual, do not move the drawstop more than 1/2 a mark either way. For example I have 29.5" mods installed on my Alley and I needed to shorten my draw length a tad. By moving it approximately 1/8" or less toward the 1 I shortened the draw length on the bow by about 1/4"-3/8". Of course I also lowered the letoff a little and shortened the valley slight as well by doing this...........but its now perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer30 View Post
    The only time you adjust the draw stop is to set it for a different draw length or micro adjust let-off. If you move it to far it may lock up at full draw. I wouldn't recommend moving it until you read up on it. Bowtech has a chart that shows where the stop should be set for each draw length module.

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/downlo...08_ModPost.pdf
    No it will not lock up, if you move it to far, the cam's have draw stop's built into them, which will stop rotation. The early one's were different, he has an 08. Set the stop so the cable's just touch the built in stop's on the cam's.

Quote Originally Posted by freebird@midwes View Post
    No it will not lock up, if you move it to far, the cam's have draw stop's built into them, which will stop rotation. The early one's were different, he has an 08. Set the stop so the cable's just touch the built in stop's on the cam's.
    True, but a newbie pulling against that soft wall could have an issue.

Thanks for the link to the Bowtech mod/post chart, it looks like mine is set correctly for a 29" draw.

My last Bowtech was at 29.5" draw and it felt a little long so I went with the 29" on this one but I think I need to be somewhere in the middle of the two. What adjustment would I make for another 1/4" to 3/8" of draw length? And what effect will that have on let-off and the valley?

any more info on draw stop adjustment...