Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Shop Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsmeg View Post
    #1) Spring Hill Rod & Gun---Great bunch of guys there, friendly atmosphere most of the time Terry knows his bow stuff and is always very helpful. There is also a younger guy that goes by "T"--He's a good boy and is learning the ropes.

#2) The Great Oudoors---Troy is very knowledgeable about everything archery and is a great shot to boot from what I hear.
    Your a good boy Jason

Bowlistic Archery in Chelyan. Kenny and Deanna are awesome to work with. Any one looking for good quality archery knowledge give themn a try.
    2010 BOWTECH DESTROYER 350
    EASTON FLATLINE 340
    COPPER JOHN MARK III W/6" EXTENSION
    8.5" B-STINGER W/11oz
    TROPHY TAKER SMACKDOWN

Quote Originally Posted by newram05 View Post
    Well I just changed my mind on Sportsmans Refuge. They have really bad attitudes towards anyone who doesnt shoot on their range! I walked in looking to buy a new bow and i said "I am looking to buy a new bow". Only help I got was here are our prices! ***!! Not going to mention any names but they really have no salesmanship!! So I retract my statement from eariler post about SPORTSMANS REFUGE being a good shop.

Have a good day!
    I just bought my bow at Sportsmans Refuge and they treated me great. They showed me all of the bows I was interested in and set them up for me to shoot even though I told them I was not buying that day. I went back a couple of months later to buy my wife a bow and since she had never shot a bow they took the time to let her try different bows at different weights and draw lengths. They even helped her with her form.

I bought my first bow off of Mike at Sportsmans Emporium and he's great to work with also. Both are good shops in my opinion.

times to for bowlistic archery shop one of the best archery tech you'll find thanks kenny and Dee

Another Addington's shopper here. I have bought three new bows in my life and both were from Addington's and I was treated great every time. First bow was a Pearson in 1988 and I used that bow until two years ago when I updated to a Martin Saber. My 10 year old daughter showed great interest and skill with a cheap Bear bow for kids so I upgraded to a Darton Ranger 3 and she loves it.

The Bow Shop!

www.thebowshop.net
    Hoyt Vector 32
    Axcel Sights
    Gold Tip

When 2010 rolled around, it marked 32 years in business for Addington's Bowhunter Shop. Congrats to my folks... they are still bowhunting together after all these years.

See Pop at the 2010 WV Hunt Show in Charleston....
    Shoot Straight,

Frank Addington, Jr.
    The Aspirin Buster

Hoyt Pro Staff

www.frankaddingtonjr.com

The Bow Shop!!!!

Thumbs up

The SPORTSMAN EMPORIUM in Morgantown is hard to beat,Mike is always
    very helpful and shooting at the range is great fun and the information you
    get about equiptment or shooting is always reliable .

Gill Archery in Salt Rock Wv

Quote Originally Posted by newram05 View Post
    Well I just changed my mind on Sportsmans Refuge. They have really bad attitudes towards anyone who doesnt shoot on their range! I walked in looking to buy a new bow and i said "I am looking to buy a new bow". Only help I got was here are our prices! ***!! Not going to mention any names but they really have no salesmanship!! So I retract my statement from eariler post about SPORTSMANS REFUGE being a good shop.

I definetly reccommend SPORTSMANS EMPORIUM. Owner Mike is awsome. Even if you dont buy anything from him he will answer any of your questions, might give you a hard time about a bow you didnt buy from him, but will definetly work on your bow. He will even BS with you about anything!

Sorry but I had to VENT to someone about my experience. Never will I reccommend Refuge to anyone again.

Have a good day!
    Above statement is very true

JBC Archery in Shady Spring, Chuck is the man. Very knowledgeable and helpful. The Archery Shop in Summersville is also a great place. Pat is the same way. Would let either guy work on my bow. Go to either one and just hang around to see what happens next.
    Elite Tour Pure Pulse
    Bodoodle Timber Rattler Trophy Ridge Tackdriver
    Davis System Sword Accusite
    Spot On Bowstrings "I've Been Kaderized"
    Wicked Arrow Archery

Boone's in parkersburg he is great with my son .Dan and John are both very good This is a no sells pressure shop you just have to ask and they will both help you.

the new MAD Sporting Goods in Boaz (between Parkersburg and Williamstown) is awesome.....people are nice as heck and they will fix ya up right with anything from hunting to fishing
    '10 Bowtech Destroyer
    '08 Bowtech Guardian

sportsman refuge

Guys, my first experience with Sportsman refuge was OUTSTANDING. I brought in a bow that I didn't buy there, and got great service. I had them change out the cams on my Hoyt Vectrix XL, and they not only did that, but timed the cams and tuned my arrow rest. great guys, and a very enjoyable visit. Great prices as well. This feels and shoots like a whole new bow now, and I couldn't be happier. Definitely recommend these guys, and I drove 1 1/2 hours to get there. I will be back for all my proshop needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave White View Post
    The SPORTSMAN EMPORIUM in Morgantown is hard to beat,Mike is always
    very helpful and shooting at the range is great fun and the information you
    get about equiptment or shooting is always reliable .

Does the Sportsmans Emporium in Morgantown have a range or place to shoot?
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

Mountain Man
    The Sportsman Emporium has three ranges, come on in and shoot with us.

[QUOTE=jasonsmeg;1055354055]#1) Spring Hill Rod & Gun---Great bunch of guys there, friendly atmosphere most of the time Terry knows his bow stuff and is always very helpful. There is also a younger guy that goes by "T"--He's a good boy and is learning the ropes

when was the last time you were there last time i was there terry had taken another job wish him all the luck he was good to talk to and i didnt mind him working on my bow they really need a place to shoot in there and it would be alot better shop in my opinion

Addingtons is my first choice usually sold me my first high country and still have and use it wish they still carried them

I also agree that bowlistic is a great place they will do whatever they can for you

all in all i have had good experience in all these shops
    hca excalibur easton x7 eclipse 1914@23in 70#= 275fps 100gn swidewinders pardon my spelling
    hca 09 speed pro easton lightspeed 400@26in 70#= 315fps
    space filled soon

Quote Originally Posted by StickyString View Post
    Boone's Bow Shop and archery range is another good one.
    yup i have known danny (the owner) since i was a kid. they have great service. have to say i was at crooked creek the other day and they were very nice to deal with too.
    Proud Shooter of Breathn Built bows
    John's Custom Archery Killing Staff
    Stormy Hardwoods Camo

Quote Originally Posted by sonsguide View Post
    Boone's in parkersburg he is great with my son .Dan and John are both very good This is a no sells pressure shop you just have to ask and they will both help you.
    john knows his stuff
    Proud Shooter of Breathn Built bows
    John's Custom Archery Killing Staff
    Stormy Hardwoods Camo

I too suggest The Bow Shop in Shinnston. First time I went there, the guy watched me shoot and noticed 3 things wrong with my form in about 20 seconds. Helped me correct them, then let me shoot a few new bows. Never charged me a dime. I take all my business there.

i will have to agree with you on that, spring hill gun and rod is my favorite place to go and get my bow tuned or get new arrows or whatever. the young boys name that works there is Tom, super good guy and he will take his time and make sure it is done right. i have bought both gun and bow from there and couldnt be happier with their service.

2011 PSE VENDETTA XS
    QAD HUNTER REST
    APEX GEAR MICRO ADJUST 4 PIN SIGHT
    APEX GEAR 5 ARROW CARBON FIBER QUIVER

The Wheeling Cabelas had a good archery department, I did archery exhibitions for them a few weeks ago. When they open the Charleston store this should be good news for all locally owned bow shops. It will actually help create more interest in archery... so the sport will grow. Good dealers help the sport grow.
    Shoot Straight,

Frank Addington, Jr.
    The Aspirin Buster

Hoyt Pro Staff

www.frankaddingtonjr.com

I will be seeing addingtons on wed. to get a couple of things done. I have aways enjoyed going in and seeing frank and his wife. I did go see a new place in huntington archery addicts. good guys they are trying to get it going set up in their garage. I went there because they are a high country dealer and after talking to them they new what needed to be done with the cam setup to get it shooting better. thanks guys.
    hca excalibur easton x7 eclipse 1914@23in 70#= 275fps 100gn swidewinders pardon my spelling
    hca 09 speed pro easton lightspeed 400@26in 70#= 315fps
    space filled soon

Addingtons is by far the best

Won't let anyone but Frank touch my mathews! Great shop and Great people!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast