Archery Talk Forum banner

Pro Shop Feedback

12K views 65 replies 52 participants last post by  hoytrampage2013 
#1 ·
Lets hear your favorite pro shop in WV.

No bashing please :darkbeer:

#6 ·
Pro shop feedback

I think that the Sportsmans Refuge in Morgantown is one of the best around. The people there are super nice and are willing to work with you and your equipment personally. They have an awesome indoor range facility with 3D targets, Spots, and a Techno Hunt. I drive from Mingo County just for the service. I'm sure a pass up around 20 other bow shops on the way.

#13 ·
I just went all out and bought a pro-shop kit from apple.Great package they put together; comes with press and stand,saw with dust collecter,vise,assortment of tools,screws,shrink tubing,e-clips and a nice tray that mounts on the stand with the saw and vice.I already have tuned and restrung some of my buddies bows with no problem.

#19 ·
My Top Two Picks

#1) Spring Hill Rod & Gun---Great bunch of guys there, friendly atmosphere most of the time:shade: Terry knows his bow stuff and is always very helpful. There is also a younger guy that goes by "T"--He's a good boy and is learning the ropes.

#2) The Great Oudoors---Troy is very knowledgeable about everything archery and is a great shot to boot from what I hear.

#26 ·
#1) Spring Hill Rod & Gun---Great bunch of guys there, friendly atmosphere most of the time:shade: Terry knows his bow stuff and is always very helpful. There is also a younger guy that goes by "T"--He's a good boy and is learning the ropes.

#2) The Great Oudoors---Troy is very knowledgeable about everything archery and is a great shot to boot from what I hear.
Your a good boy Jason :tongue:

#22 ·
Thanks

In a day of big box stores, mail order, and internet sales--THANKS for supporting not just my family's pro shop but all of the pro shops you have listed. There is enough business for all of the shops---thanks to you. I am sure the other dealers will agree and thank you as well.

Good luck bowhunting this fall. If you are in the shop be sure and visit with Pop. I travel all over the country and can tell you he is one of the best in the business when it comes to tuning and solving problems. Hitting a baby aspirin in mid air is easy when he tunes my bows...

Shoot Straight,
Frank Addington, Jr.

www.frankaddingtonjr.com

#24 ·
There is a new bow shop and indoor range at Mad Sporting Goods(Bass Pro Shop on Rt.14 in Boaz).Very knowledgable staff that is offering a shooting class this winter.The indoor range will open mid November.I can't wait!

#25 ·
Well I just changed my mind on Sportsmans Refuge. They have really bad attitudes towards anyone who doesnt shoot on their range! I walked in looking to buy a new bow and i said "I am looking to buy a new bow". Only help I got was here are our prices! ***!! Not going to mention any names but they really have no salesmanship!! So I retract my statement from eariler post about SPORTSMANS REFUGE being a good shop.

I definetly reccommend SPORTSMANS EMPORIUM. Owner Mike is awsome. Even if you dont buy anything from him he will answer any of your questions, might give you a hard time about a bow you didnt buy from him, but will definetly work on your bow. He will even BS with you about anything!

Sorry but I had to VENT to someone about my experience. Never will I reccommend Refuge to anyone again.

Have a good day!

#28 ·
Well I just changed my mind on Sportsmans Refuge. They have really bad attitudes towards anyone who doesnt shoot on their range! I walked in looking to buy a new bow and i said "I am looking to buy a new bow". Only help I got was here are our prices! ***!! Not going to mention any names but they really have no salesmanship!! So I retract my statement from eariler post about SPORTSMANS REFUGE being a good shop.

Have a good day!
I just bought my bow at Sportsmans Refuge and they treated me great. They showed me all of the bows I was interested in and set them up for me to shoot even though I told them I was not buying that day. I went back a couple of months later to buy my wife a bow and since she had never shot a bow they took the time to let her try different bows at different weights and draw lengths. They even helped her with her form.

I bought my first bow off of Mike at Sportsmans Emporium and he's great to work with also. Both are good shops in my opinion.

#27 ·
Bowlistic Archery in Chelyan. Kenny and Deanna are awesome to work with. Any one looking for good quality archery knowledge give themn a try.:thumbs_up

#54 ·
couldn't have said it better myself. sorry to be negative but i have NEVER had good luck with hunter's haven in elkins. even the new owners weren't any better. i was looking for a bowtech assassin and the hunter's haven employee told me they were switching owners and they'd be up and running around the first week of july. i visited the beginning of the second week (monday) and they told me they ordered all their bows and had 5 assassins coming, it'd probably be 1 week, 2 weeks top for them to arrive. i called twice, once at the end of each week and i was told the exact same thing and said it had to do with the delivery company.

after waiting 3 1/2 weeks and still another "1-2 weeks", called some shops and they didnt have any in my area. i often visit my brother is charleston so called bowlistic and they said they had them, but only a 50-60 lb draw weight on the right hand models, and 60-70 on the left hand one. i wanted a 60-70 lb and they said they could switch the limbs overnight and i could pick it up the next morning since i lived so far away. went and shot it, and decided i had to have it. the great part? they switched the limbs out while i was there to save me the 40 min round trip the next day. no extra cost for it, super nice and very knowledgeable.

recently my brother wanted a new sight for his bow, so for his birthday i bought him a fancy trophy ridge model.......bet you can guess where i got that from. as long as i need bow accessories, i'll take a weekend to visit my brother and deal with people who really have their act together!

#30 ·
Another Addington's shopper here. I have bought three new bows in my life and both were from Addington's and I was treated great every time. First bow was a Pearson in 1988 and I used that bow until two years ago when I updated to a Martin Saber. My 10 year old daughter showed great interest and skill with a cheap Bear bow for kids so I upgraded to a Darton Ranger 3 and she loves it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.