a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fletching colors

Fletching colors

Like all of you, I like to tinker with different things on my setup. I have an all black Alphamax 32, equiping it with all black accessories.This will be my primary hunting bow. I'm pondering fletching colors for my arrows ans was wandering if any of you use 2 blacks and 1 cock vane color. I think this looks pretty cool, but am afraid the arrows might be hard to find after it passes through my quarry. Anybody got any good ideas on fletching colors that they prefer? I use blazer vanes too. Any cool ideas or pics would be appreciated. Thanks!

"The good thing about being a pessimist is you're either always proven right, or pleasantly surprised.."

Quote Originally Posted by mooreski View Post
    Like all of you, I like to tinker with different things on my setup. I have an all black Alphamax 32, equiping it with all black accessories.This will be my primary hunting bow. I'm pondering fletching colors for my arrows ans was wandering if any of you use 2 blacks and 1 cock vane color. I think this looks pretty cool, but am afraid the arrows might be hard to find after it passes through my quarry. Anybody got any good ideas on fletching colors that they prefer? I use blazer vanes too. Any cool ideas or pics would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Fletch em 2 black and a blue or something, and put a lumenok in.
    B and M Discount Archery Supplies (open for buisness)
    PSE Pro-Staff, Lumenok Pro-Staff, Nap Fieldstaff
    Gold Tip Advisor Staff, Norway Ind. pro-staff
    PSE Dream Season EVO, Shinny Copper Penny Supra
    Dominator Pro ME (Awsome)

Blue shows up great if you lose your arrow.

I would go with a 7" white wrap and 3 white blazers, that is what I am shooting with my testarossa 82ND for hunting this year
    '13 Hoyt Carbon Matrix G3 29"/80# 518 gr. VAP250's @ 280 FPS

Prestige Worldwide Pro-Staff

ttt
    "The good thing about being a pessimist is you're either always proven right, or pleasantly surprised.."

Not a lumenok, firenock........
    Elite GT500
    QAD rest
    Goldtip Arrows
    Slick Trick Broadheads

I use two black and a lemon lime or Flo yellow or Flo orange cock vane with my Rayzor's, I use lighted nocks so i'm not concerned with not being able to find my arrows.

How 'bout this? Wraps were cut to 5" on these arrows. Great look against black.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The white tiger stripe with wraps are cool (that's what I shoot) but two blue with a black cock vane and black and blue string/cables would look sweet too.

hd

Somewhere in North MN, but ended up in South CA? WTFrank???
    Quote Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
    lol looks alot like my arrows, all but i have one solid white for a cock vane and a burnt coyote lumanok...

Go Bright

I personally think you should go bright for hunting. Save the black blazer for the targets and take something you can see after the shot into the woods. I hunted with neon pink and white with a wrap this year. Pink may not be the most manly, but I can see them better any other color. If you go dark definately go with the lighted nock. Actually, I would say go with the lighted nock no matter what you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by BowTech One View Post
    lol looks alot like my arrows, all but i have one solid white for a cock vane and a burnt coyote lumanok...
    I think that would be a good look too. A solid black cock vane would probably look real good with the configuration also. I got away from doing cock vanes on bows using a dropaway but it ain't for everyone.

Somewhere in North MN, but ended up in South CA? WTFrank???
    I think that would be a good look too. A solid black cock vane would probably look real good with the configuration also. I got away from doing cock vanes on bows using a dropaway but it ain't for everyone.
    I also use a drop away rest...Sometimes while fletching Ill use a cock vane, and sometimes I dont...Sometimes a cock vane can really spice up the look of an arrow...Its just the mood of the day...

My Target arrows will be 2 white and 1 Black

For Hunting I use 2 Green and 1 Orange I too like the "tiger" striped wraps

Here are my 3d arrows for this year... i like the way they turned out..
    Attached Images Attached Images

i like 2 black 1 red

Right now I'm using 2 orange and 1 black. Looks pretty good. 1 black just gives the arrow a little accent. 1 black with any color would look darn sexy. green, yellow, pink, etc.
    Hoyt Pro Comp Elite XL60x stringsAAE Pro BladeAXCEL AX3000 w/Classic scopeEaston X-10 stabsCarter OnlyEaston Arrows
    Mathews Drenalin60x stringsLimbDriverHHAB-StingerEaston Axis-N-FusedRage Hypodermic

My arrows have 5" white wraps with 2 hot pink and 1 white blazer. Sticks out pretty good.

I've used two black vanes and one colored one (pink haha) and I haven't had a problem finding my arrows. the lighted knocks really are awesome though.

Those vanes look great. I have a dumb question though. Is there a need for cock vane? Does it make a difference not having one as long as the vanes don't hit the rest?

Same color for all three. When you get the cock vane indexed...take a sharpie and make a dot on it. Wont look as cool...but when you start turning nocks to get broadheads to fly you will see what Im talking about.

hunting...i shoot two white and a green

targets...i shoot two blacks and a red..got tired of people using my arrow for a target in 3-d

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy1975 View Post
    Same color for all three. When you get the cock vane indexed...take a sharpie and make a dot on it. Wont look as cool...but when you start turning nocks to get broadheads to fly you will see what Im talking about.
    So what you mean is that once I get my arrow to fly consistently (try a few shots with each vane as the cock vane), I need to mark the cock vane so that I am using the same setup each time I release any the arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by bowman1964 View Post
    Fletch em 2 black and a blue or something, and put a lumenok in.
    Sounds like a cool combo.

My 3D arrows, 2 are black wrap/white Blazers, and 2 are red tiger wrap/red tiger Blazers. I have 1 odd ball arrow in my quiver with red wrap/black Blazers.
    For hunting I use a white wrap/white Blazers.
    '07 Diamond Black Ice w/MeanV
    Viper Predator Microtune in Hardwoods
    G5 Expert II camo
    Carter Quickie 1+
    CX Maxima Hunter 350 w/100 grain G5 Montecs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast