Archery Talk Forum banner

Fletching colors

6K views 34 replies 31 participants last post by  flintcreek6412 
#1 ·
Like all of you, I like to tinker with different things on my setup. I have an all black Alphamax 32, equiping it with all black accessories.This will be my primary hunting bow. I'm pondering fletching colors for my arrows ans was wandering if any of you use 2 blacks and 1 cock vane color. I think this looks pretty cool, but am afraid the arrows might be hard to find after it passes through my quarry. Anybody got any good ideas on fletching colors that they prefer? I use blazer vanes too. Any cool ideas or pics would be appreciated. Thanks! :beer:

#7 ·
I use two black and a lemon lime or Flo yellow or Flo orange cock vane with my Rayzor's, I use lighted nocks so i'm not concerned with not being able to find my arrows.

#10 ·
lol looks alot like my arrows, all but i have one solid white for a cock vane and a burnt coyote lumanok...

#9 ·
The white tiger stripe with wraps are cool (that's what I shoot) but two blue with a black cock vane and black and blue string/cables would look sweet too.

hd

#11 ·
Go Bright

I personally think you should go bright for hunting. Save the black blazer for the targets and take something you can see after the shot into the woods. I hunted with neon pink and white with a wrap this year. Pink may not be the most manly, but I can see them better any other color. If you go dark definately go with the lighted nock. Actually, I would say go with the lighted nock no matter what you pick.

#21 ·
Same color for all three. When you get the cock vane indexed...take a sharpie and make a dot on it. Wont look as cool...but when you start turning nocks to get broadheads to fly you will see what Im talking about.

#23 ·
So what you mean is that once I get my arrow to fly consistently (try a few shots with each vane as the cock vane), I need to mark the cock vane so that I am using the same setup each time I release any the arrow?

#25 ·
My 3D arrows, 2 are black wrap/white Blazers, and 2 are red tiger wrap/red tiger Blazers. I have 1 odd ball arrow in my quiver with red wrap/black Blazers.
For hunting I use a white wrap/white Blazers.

#26 ·
Black vanes will be very hard to find if your arrows buries in the leaves or grass. If you want visibilty, then you have to go with white. If you are dead set on the black fletching, then consider a white wrap/nock combo with the black fletches on top.

#28 ·
I'd use 2 yellow and 1 black....i think black and yellow look great together.Had a 57 chevy that was yellow with black interrior...man that thing was pretty.

#29 ·
My hunter class 3D bow is black and my freestyle rig I am putting together is black and blue. They'll both be shooting the same arrows. Black nocks, two black and one blue vane.

Yup....prick arrows. :D But they look nice.

If you have any other colors besides black on your bow make that color your cockvane color.

#30 ·
I shoot two white blazers and a black cock vane.

I dont have pics right now but it looks pretty sick. I think it would compliment the all black bow.
plus you can see what type of blood you have on the white blazers real easy:thumbs_up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.